2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she played Coachella, but not as a headliner - probably the only one she's done.

Madonna did 6 songs at Coachella 2006. Her longest ever festival set.

Coachella seems a strong bet, especially if they play up the Joshua Tree connections since it's the same area.

Live Nation just basically bought Bonnaroo, so there's a strong possibility of that for 2016. However, the Bonnaroo radius clause would fuck their trying to tour in the Southeast. But hey, maybe U2 has enough pull to trump radius clauses.

what kind of map are you looking at? it's like, 30 minutes away. if that.

Joshua Tree National Park borders the Coachella Valley?

THE Joshua Tree from the album isn't in Joshua Tree National Park, as I was disappointed to learn prior to traveling to Palm Springs last month. It's like 2 hours north of there.

Live Nation just basically bought Bonnaroo, so there's a strong possibility of that for 2016. However, the Bonnaroo radius clause would fuck their trying to tour in the Southeast. But hey, maybe U2 has enough pull to trump radius clauses.

Springsteen did Bonnaroo and nashville a few months later in 2009.

The Joshua Tree angle for Coachella is simply too irrisistable is AEG/Live Nation can make it work.

Joshua Tree National Park borders the Coachella Valley?

THE Joshua Tree from the album isn't in Joshua Tree National Park, as I was disappointed to learn prior to traveling to Palm Springs last month. It's like 2 hours north of there.

A couple of my friends and I camped at black rock campground at Joshua National Park the last time I went to coachella. It was about 40 minutes each way. Can't beat $15 a night in a peaceful setting under the stars :)

The U2 Joshua tree is at least 4 hrs from Joshua Tree National Park.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Springsteen did Bonnaroo and nashville a few months later in 2009.

The Joshua Tree angle for Coachella is simply too irrisistable is AEG/Live Nation can make it work.

That would be so incredible but I'll wait for confirmation before I lose my mind in excitement

A dick in a box joke and an underwear gnomes joke both go unnoticed. For shame, interference. For shame, indeed.

Excuse you, but my post WAS an underpants gnome reference.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

who-put-a-dick-in-this-box_zps9bws3dmh.jpg

So since this is off topic -- does anyone have that recent Rolling Stone magazine U2 Collectors Edition that I saw in the airport on my way to LA?

It might have 2016 rumored tour dates, and I'm wondering if it is worth the $6.

So since this is off topic -- does anyone have that recent Rolling Stone magazine U2 Collectors Edition that I saw in the airport on my way to LA?

It might have 2016 rumored tour dates, and I'm wondering if it is worth the $6.

You saw it for $6? It's $12.99 most places. I haven't come across any rumors in it yet but it's a good collectors item...then again I don't keep up with every magazine they're on the cover of so this was a rare buy for me. No complaints here :)

You saw it for $6? It's $12.99 most places. I haven't come across any rumors in it yet but it's a good collectors item...then again I don't keep up with every magazine they're on the cover of so this was a rare buy for me. No complaints here :)

Actually no, I just suspected it might be $6 or north of $6.

$13 is steep and it sort of butt chaps me that I don't get it as part of my subscription and they did not even offer if I wanted to get it by sending them some additional bling bling.

Looks like I'll have to go hunt it down now as most of my local grocery stores only have the 'normal' issue.

Thanks for the responses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom