2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

God, so a lot of the nosebleeders have to pay more than the cost of the most desirable tickets, GA. With the exception being that about half the sections are the same price as GA and some are even halved.

Those nose bleed seats that are priced at $30 are probably the cheapest U2 entry point in ages. I think nosebleeds on Vertigo were like $50, so this is a lot cheaper for those sections, especially when you factor in a decade's worth of inflation.

Otherwise, these are the highest prices for arena shows that they've done and it's not even close. The good seated tickets on Vertigo were like $150...now basically all of the lower seating is almost double that price.

It is supposed to take you to a live nation page for you to enter your credit card information. I got through, but I had to keep going back and refreshing to get to that point.

I keep refreshing and nothing. Did you keep going back to the address page, or were you refreshing the blank page after you hit continue?

I have been trying to renew my subscription for the past 2 days. Has anyone else had trouble? After I confirm my address info there is no link to enter payment info. Just a blank page.

Help??:huh:

I actually had the exact same issue. Called and emailed and they were no help at all. I finally figured it out on my own. I signed in, then click on your user name in the upper right hand corner, the drop down gives you the "upgrade" option. Click that and that should do it. Good luck. I'm noticing that they are bundling memberships with ticket sales like last time, so even if this fails, you'll probably still be able to get in on the presale by adding a new membership through TM.

I have been trying to renew my subscription for the past 2 days. Has anyone else had trouble? After I confirm my address info there is no link to enter payment info. Just a blank page.

Help??:huh:

This happened to me too for some reason while trying to renew online on my computer. I ended up using my iphone, turning off the wifi, and was able to go all the way through using the LTE connection on my phone. Weird, but it worked.

I am just not going to freak out about this.

All I'm asking for at this point is 3 tix (me, hubs, and LilCK) for a non-acoustic show. (2nd nights?)

Santa's just going to be bringing my little rockstar U2 tix instead of toys. He'd go nuts. U2 tix are better than Minecraft merch and Lego sets any day as far as he is concerned. He was going to ask Santa for tickets but didnt because up until today, we didnt have a tour. (He wants his own deluxe SoI and his own JT though. Those made the list!!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I keep refreshing and nothing. Did you keep going back to the address page, or were you refreshing the blank page after you hit continue?

kept going back to the last page that had legitimate information on it and redoing it.

Hey guys.. Ive been a member for a while but I don't really post much or anything. Sorry for kind of just butting in but I have a couple of questions in regards to the tour. 1st - How much do you expect the GA tickets to be? Any educated guesses? And also, is it worth subscribing to U2.com to access the pre-sale or should I not even bother? Do you think I'd have a chance with the public on-sale to buy a pair of GAs? I'm going to the Montreal one btw. Just looking for some second opinions. Thanks guy :wave:

nope, mine was valid in Sept and renewed through till Jan 2016 last week

guess is emails will come tomorrow morning (maybe)

please about the tour but fcuking annoyed they give us zero notice of onsale dates- so between now and tomorrow I have to sort out time off and cattery bookings all before 9am tomorrow...

I'm still baffled by you and others saying this. Why would you need to make all travel and work arrangements by tomorrow? Why not get the tickets first then make arrangements around that given you'll have at least 5 months to sort it out rather than 15 hours. Much easier and makes way more sense especially if you don't manage to get tickets?

But yeah it's crazy how fast all this is happening. less than 24 hours out and nobody has their presale codes yet. Weird.

Hey guys.. Ive been a member for a while but I don't really post much or anything. Sorry for kind of just butting in but I have a couple of questions in regards to the tour. 1st - How much do you expect the GA tickets to be? Any educated guesses? And also, is it worth subscribing to U2.com to access the pre-sale or should I not even bother? Do you think I'd have a chance with the public on-sale to buy a pair of GAs? I'm going to the Montreal one btw. Just looking for some second opinions. Thanks guy :wave:

GA tickets about $55- $85
Signing up to u2.com is all up to you. Most of us seem pretty unsure at the moment even those of us already registered.
I'm going to try for GA in Montreal too on the public sale. I think your chances are ok. Not guaranteed but ok if you're fast

1 - you are probably looking at somewhere between $50-$80 for GA after taxes

2 - If you join U2.com right now you get second crack at the pre-sale on Friday. The first round is Thursday for long-term members. I am not sure what kind of inventory will be left at that point, also no one seems to be sure if there will be a pre-sale for Montreal - the evenko website does not mention it.

I would expect GA TICKETS to be under $100. The $30 seats are probably for the really crappy nosebleeds. I'm gonna try presale for GA on 1 show and then try for some cheap nosebleeds general sale for the other.

I really wish they'd sell all 6 Chicago shows at once, that'd make it so much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I actually had the exact same issue. Called and emailed and they were no help at all. I finally figured it out on my own. I signed in, then click on your user name in the upper right hand corner, the drop down gives you the "upgrade" option. Click that and that should do it. Good luck. I'm noticing that they are bundling memberships with ticket sales like last time, so even if this fails, you'll probably still be able to get in on the presale by adding a new membership through TM.

Thank you!! That worked :)

Thank you!! That worked :)

You're welcome, although I just noticed you are in Vancouver so I just compromised my changes at scoring tickets by 1 or 2 tickets. ;) Very altruistic I think. Any chance you'd be interested in a ticket swap (1 GA night 1 for night 2, that type of thing? Assuming we would both be that lucky)

So...it says my account is active til Nov 29 2015 and LiveNation has definitely taken $40 out of my bank account - so I should be expecting a code at some point before 10 a.m. GMT tomorrow then? What do I do with this code when I get it? Sorry for the dumb questions, I can't think straight, not least cos 2 of my 3 dogs are going fucking bananas and the kids are shouting at each other :D

Everybody freaking out about an acoustic show vs. an electric show...

why? did anybody read what the Edge actually said about it? I'm sure there will be an acoustic portion to each show, and an electric one as well. I don't have the article pulled up right now, but he said you don't have to go to both shows, but if you do you'll get a full experience or something like that. There's no way they're going to just do unplugged only for one night.

I'll probably shoot for the nosebleed route for both San Jose shows. It's going to be a pain in the ass to get GAs (although I nabbed them for the one Vertigo show I tried for...I was left with a seated ticket for San Jose #1 due to the presale while Oakland had some shitty club you had to join to access GA tickets or whatever), so I'd rather be able to buy a pair of tickets for each night at the cheapest price point.

So when everyone is picking "Best Available" when the tickets go on sale, I should have no competition for the cheap nosebleed tickets on the rail. I've seen U2 shows from all different angles/locations including GA right near the front of the sage on the last tour, but spending only $30 a pop and freeing up your day sounds pretty good to me.

Only thing I'm really annoyed about is that the local shows are in San Jose instead of Oakland. San Jose's public transit options are pretty much crap (BART ends at Fremont), so I loathe having to actually drive in from the far East Bay and spend some exorbitant amount on parking.

I'll probably shoot for the nosebleed route for both San Jose shows. It's going to be a pain in the ass to get GAs (although I nabbed them for the one Vertigo show I tried for...I was left with a seated ticket for San Jose #1 due to the presale while Oakland had some shitty club you had to join to access GA tickets or whatever), so I'd rather be able to buy a pair of tickets for each night at the cheapest price point.

So when everyone is picking "Best Available" when the tickets go on sale, I should have no competition for the cheap nosebleed tickets on the rail. I've seen U2 shows from all different angles/locations including GA right near the front of the sage on the last tour, but spending only $30 a pop and freeing up your day sounds pretty good to me.

Only thing I'm really annoyed about is that the local shows are in San Jose instead of Oakland. San Jose's public transit options are pretty much crap (BART ends at Fremont), so I loathe having to actually drive in from the far East Bay and spend some exorbitant amount on parking.
You might be surprised, other artsits' shows with tix pricing like this have resulted in the nosebleeds selling out before the lowers because of ticket price.

Everybody freaking out about an acoustic show vs. an electric show...

why? did anybody read what the Edge actually said about it? I'm sure there will be an acoustic portion to each show, and an electric one as well. I don't have the article pulled up right now, but he said you don't have to go to both shows, but if you do you'll get a full experience or something like that. There's no way they're going to just do unplugged only for one night.

Yeah, that's not going to happen at all. Innocence vs. experience...some shows will have a lot of the older material and some shows will have a lot of the newer stuff in terms of catalog material. Both nights will surely have a lot from SOI.

The only thing for sure is that the people on the SIDES of the Arena will have the perfect look of both the band and the traveling screen, while the people in the CORNERS will be closer to the band but won't be seeing much of that screen

Red Zones are like VIP GA for the B Stage
GA is all around

This is really their first 360 tour

What company sells tickets for the Vancouver show?

Late to this party, and won't go through 600 posts to see if this was touched on, but 2 things strike me immediately:

1 - There are large gaps after shows in large markets. 11 days between California and Quebec. 11 days between Quebec and Chicago. 10 days between Chicago and Toronto. 7 days between Boston and New York. 42 days between New York and Europe (I think Elevation only had a month between legs). There are similar gaps littered throughout Europe as well. This could be for three reasons: the 'residency' thing is still happening in certain markets, they are booking studio time to finish SOE, or they want breaks at seemingly random intervals.

2 - Naming the tour iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE is as surefire indication that the second album is coming as you will get. It doesn't make much sense to me to call it that and have two very different shows that aren't based around each album. I think while it still may be the outside chance, books can open on there being a new album before 14 May rolls around.

You might be surprised, other artsits' shows with tix pricing like this have resulted in the nosebleeds selling out before the lowers because of ticket price.

I can see that...but U2 isn't even going to have enough floor tickets to meet demand to begin with, so if you shoot for the nosebleeds you aren't going to competing against most ticket buyers at least right away. Also, U2 has a ton of white-yuppie fans that tend to make up the bulk of the lower seated sections. The money isn't really going to matter to people who live in Silicon Valley.

But I totally get what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of the more frugal minded goers will indeed be trying to nab those $30 seats. I mean, christ, that's like nothing to go see the biggest band on the planet. It costs the same or slightly more to see an established indie act in a small-ish venue.

You're welcome, although I just noticed you are in Vancouver so I just compromised my changes at scoring tickets by 1 or 2 tickets. ;) Very altruistic I think. Any chance you'd be interested in a ticket swap (1 GA night 1 for night 2, that type of thing? Assuming we would both be that lucky)

sure, I can try. My first choice is going to be for friday, which day will be your first choice?

So...it says my account is active til Nov 29 2015 and LiveNation has definitely taken $40 out of my bank account - so I should be expecting a code at some point before 10 a.m. GMT tomorrow then? What do I do with this code when I get it? Sorry for the dumb questions, I can't think straight, not least cos 2 of my 3 dogs are going fucking bananas and the kids are shouting at each other :D

:lol:

I'm still baffled by you and others saying this. Why would you need to make all travel and work arrangements by tomorrow? Why not get the tickets first then make arrangements around that given you'll have at least 5 months to sort it out rather than 15 hours. Much easier and makes way more sense especially if you don't manage to get tickets?

But yeah it's crazy how fast all this is happening. less than 24 hours out and nobody has their presale codes yet. Weird.

I don't think you understand the issue here, even though its been explained several times.
People need notice to be able to access the presale.
As it happens in 15 hours or less, people are at work, travelling or otherwise unavailable to access the internet.
You are right stating buy the tickets first-For some people it isn't that easy

Songs of Experience is planned to be released at some point during this tour (which should run for years), but there's no way it comes out in the Spring. Bono can't even move at the moment and they clearly aren't finished with that record. Most of the couple months leading up to this tour will be spent on rehearsals so there's only a very narrow window of time to work on the followup album between Bono's recovery and the tour dates.

I think the two night stand will have a lot of symmetry...one night gets Bad and one gets Pride...one night gets All I Want Is You and one gets Angel of Harlem, etc. I calculated in another thread that there's about 45 catalog songs that U2 can play at will, most of which will require very little practice. So if they play 7 songs from SOI each night, they really only need to swap out about 15 other songs night-to-night in order to have mostly different shows. One wonders why they didn't do this on previous arena tours...Vertigo was fucking ridiculous in how there'd be like a 2 song difference between shows in the same city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom