2015 U2 Tour News - Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When are presale codes supposed to go out? I haven't received anything yet.

While I can not wait to see them and their tour has already been postponed a year, I wished they had waited till next year to start selling tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Definitely.
People don't always have access to the internet especially with 15 hours notice.
Shabby way again to treat fans.
Why not give people a week or so to get prepared.
:angry::angry:

I'm humbled and gratified to say I correctly predicted the tour would be called the "Innocence and Experience" tour back in September, then again in October in an exclusive revelation to these pages. I'm on a bit of a sabbatical from U2 at the moment in solidarity with Bono's recovery, so thanks to all those who PM'd alerting me to this news.

Given that U2 also released the record within a week of what I predicted, I'm starting to wonder whether they're reading my counsel here. Of course, I can't prove they're choosing their release dates and tour names based on what I say...but it can't be proven they're not either, so it must ever remain an Interference mystery.

Thank you.

Just re-upped my U2.com, I let it lapse about 2 weeks ago.

Reading the FAQs...
"Our 'EXPERIENCE' group of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 09/09/2014) have access from the first day of the pre-sale. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215A...

Our 'INNOCENCE' group, who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the latest album in September 9, 2014, enter early on the second day. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215B... "

So, if my U2.com account was paid up on 9/9, but lapsed a week ago, does that put me in the Experience group? Hmmmm.

Not at all thrilled about this two tickets per person thing at all. This is the first tour during which I am not a student and am a gainfully employed individual with some $$$ to spend on tickets and travel. I wanted to go to all the Canadian dates!

Definitely.
People don't always have access to the internet especially with 15 hours notice.
Shabby way again to treat fans.
Why not give people a week or so to get prepared.
:angry::angry:

Though I agree it's really short notice, in this day an age with everyone connected to their phones non stop and this announcement being made via email, twitter, facebook, radio etc. I find it hard to believe that a U2 fan would miss this. I suppose it could happen but it's not likely that the presale comes and goes with a legit U2 fan not being aware of it. I even had non U2 fan friends texting me this morning to tell me about it so..... Even non U2 fans know about this already

According to TM. I'm not sure exactly where they draw the line (CC #? billing address?) but I know they have canceled orders in the past.

That is just dumb . Also unreasonable if true

So looks like I'm gonna try and get 2 tickets tomorrow for Glasgow and 2 tickets on Monday for the following day. Does seem daft that they want 2 different experiences yet only allow 2tickets presale. As fans will be the ones that will go twice. Are they assuming we are single lonely people?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using U2 Interference mobile app

Most likely all will get the seats they want, but I don't like that anyone can sign up for a membership today and have the same access as me who signed up less than a week after the album was released. I'm important.

Yes, I agree with this. Hopefully the early demand will not be as high as everyone fears. Most people have quite a lot of extra expenses this time of year, and it seems like getting rid of tickets might not be that straightforward. So, if you're determined to see them, and are willing to pay the extra $50 for the opportunity to get in the presale, it seems like your chances should be decent. What happens for additional shows though? Will there be presales and would U2.com members still have early access to additional shows? I might consider the membership if that were guaranteed to be the case.

Regardless, given the big gaps in schedule, seems like it's a good bet that at least two shows will be added to each of Boston, New York, LA, Chicago, and perhaps Toronto as well given the huge population in those cities, which will hopefully give you a shot if you're in those markets and you don't have a membership (like me).

I think we may be viewing this from the wrong end...with so few "old-time" members drawing on the pre-sales, with so many regional constraints (people unable to travel), and with PAPERLESS/Credit-Card only entry (largely nullifying the broker competition), for those close enough to buy tickets at all, the pool might be more diminished (and the chances better at scoring tickets) than we think.

I hope you are on to something here. Additionally, I can't help but think that after the itunes debacle, fewer casual fans will be wanting to grab tickets.

I wonder if it would apply to tickets bought across different shows (ie. 2 tix for 1 date with one code, 2 tix for another date with a different code)

Not sure, I thought about subscribing my husband but I'm not going to risk it with it being really unclear and knowing people have had orders cancelled in the past.

So looks like I'm gonna try and get 2 tickets tomorrow for Glasgow and 2 tickets on Monday for the following day. Does seem daft that they want 2 different experiences yet only allow 2tickets presale. As fans will be the ones that will go twice. Are they assuming we are single lonely people?

U2 fans = single, lonely people

You hit the nail on the head. It's pretty dumb. Two different experiences but as long time fans and subscribers we get access to only one show, unless of course we want to go alone.

Its ridiculous isn't it.
At least let long term subscribers attend two consecutive shows as a pair.

Given that U2 also released the record within a week of what I predicted, I'm starting to wonder whether they're reading my counsel here. Of course, I can't prove they're choosing their release dates and tour names based on what I say...but it can't be proven they're not either, so it must ever remain an Interference mystery.

Thank you.

Given the tour announcement photo, Edge's switch to grownup shoes and the fact that Bono has been telling stories about riding around Germany in the back of a van, I also am claiming some credit. It's just you, me, and all the other conspiracy theorists, my friend.

Just re-upped my U2.com, I let it lapse about 2 weeks ago.

Reading the FAQs...
"Our 'EXPERIENCE' group of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 09/09/2014) have access from the first day of the pre-sale. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215A...

Our 'INNOCENCE' group, who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the latest album in September 9, 2014, enter early on the second day. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215B... "

So, if my U2.com account was paid up on 9/9, but lapsed a week ago, does that put me in the Experience group? Hmmmm.

Not at all thrilled about this two tickets per person thing at all. This is the first tour during which I am not a student and am a gainfully employed individual with some $$$ to spend on tickets and travel. I wanted to go to all the Canadian dates!

Interesting... looks like I might be saved and be in the Experience group if I renew now. But still.. ugh $50. Christmas and all. :mad: Fine time to put tickets on sale, seriously :down:

Though I agree it's really short notice, in this day an age with everyone connected to their phones non stop and this announcement being made via email, twitter, facebook, radio etc. I find it hard to believe that a U2 fan would miss this. I suppose it could happen but it's not likely that the presale comes and goes with a legit U2 fan not being aware of it. I even had non U2 fan friends texting me this morning to tell me about it so..... Even non U2 fans know about this already

Its not the issue of been aware-its having a presale at such short notice.
Need to check travel plans, work commitments etc.

And the official email detailing the tour from u2 has just arrived at 18.15 GMT........................

Can you get up to 2 tickets but only for one show, or can you do 1 ticket each for 2 shows?

I'm so confuuuused.

I have a feeling that if you want GA and you don't have the experience presale code that it's probably not worth buying the subscription today. If presale tickets go onsale at two different times, there's no chance in hell you're getting GA on Day 2, especially in the big U2 cities like New York and Boston. Then again, there are 7 days in between those two shows and I can't see them not adding more. I've subscribed for like 8 of 10 years and didn't re-up until 9/15. Useless.

Love my boys, and i'm sure that I'll get to see em in a couple years. But to have a cluster of shows in the Southwest within a few hundred miles of eachother and then NOTHING east of Arizona/south of Chicago is pretty shitty.

sigh. Have fun everyone near selected cities!!

Supposedly, emails with codes are beginning to roll out. @U2comZooMods: Presale codes will also appear on your TOUR page (when logged in) LATER today.

Edit: tour announcement email is going out, no codes yet.

Well if anyone is lonely and only buying single tix, I will need as many GA tix to Chicago as possible (4 people, both/all shows) so you can grab some for me ;)

That is just dumb . Also unreasonable if true

I'm calling Ticketmaster then for clarification, both my dad and I are fan club members and we're both trying to get tickets to the two Vancouver shows. It would suck if Ticketmaster cancelled one of our orders just because we have the same billing address, even though we're paying with different credit cards.

I just had an email announcing the tour lol only 4 1/2 hours late. Pre sale codes coming it says.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom