2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I was 2nd row at the e-stage in Amsterdam, and first row at the i-stage in two of the Berlin shows. Never felt it was that loud. Not louder than I've experienced in the past or than I'd expect of a rock concert. Didn't have any issues following the shows either, except my voice maybe ;) At least at the i-stage I saw the loud speakers below the stage, so if it was loud anywhere in the arena, it should have been where I was. Where were you standing?

You might just.... wanna get a hearing test done. :lol:

Hm, I was 2nd row at the e-stage in Amsterdam, and first row at the i-stage in two of the Berlin shows. Never felt it was that loud. Not louder than I've experienced in the past or than I'd expect of a rock concert. Didn't have any issues following the shows either, except my voice maybe ;) At least at the i-stage I saw the loud speakers below the stage, so if it was loud anywhere in the arena, it should have been where I was. Where were you standing?

You're probably deaf already :p

We were on the rail in Amsterdam and 2nd row Estage another day as well.. and it was bleedin' loud. Though the sides are louder than all the way at the tip of the e-stage.

I was on the stands to the left of the stage, close to Adam. Extremely loud, mainly Bono vocal and guitar, drums drowned. When Bono started Miracle ooohs I thought something is wrong, but they will surely sort it out. But no, it remained like that for the rest of the show :)
Anyway, 2,5 days after the show beeping in the ears is finally over.

Well that's fairly common, but it's not necessarily a festival is it? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just trying to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

lol well it is a festival when the event is actually called a um "festival"... is it really that complicated? :lol:

Just as logical as you asuming a metal festival should be outdoors? :rimshot:

Well given that the most famous European metal festivals are all outdoor events attracting tens of thousands of people - yes.

Well given that the most famous European metal festivals are all outdoor events attracting tens of thousands of people - yes.

Axver, there are looooads of tiny festivals in Europe as well though... in winter they still have many set up indoors too...

lol well it is a festival when the event is actually called a um "festival"... is it really that complicated? :lol:

Well U2 can call their music punk rock from Mars, but it doesn't mean it's really punk or that they are Martians.

The thing that makes a festival a festival is that it's a festival setting; you're free to roam, there are other activities or acts to see or do, etc. And in the states that usually means outdoors, hence why I was curious.

Well U2 can call their music punk rock from Mars, but it doesn't mean it's really punk or that they are Martians.

The thing that makes a festival a festival is that it's a festival setting; you're free to roam, there are other activities or acts to see or do, etc. And in the states that usually means outdoors, hence why I was curious.

take it up with the organisers :D

seriously though, the last one i went to was a small reggae festival, bands playing from 7pm til 3am, in a big indoor space, like an enclosed hangar/large exhibition centre, no seats, other than a stand right at the back, people milling around everywhere, stalls, food, bars, and loooooads of second-hand spliff smoke

actually at that particular event there was loads of stuff going on outside too, as there was a huge fair, but all the music was indoors

What?! I'm appalled...

don't people smoke weed at festivals where you are? it's pretty much the norm here...
(i don't though - i get asthma attacks just from passive smoking :lol:)

Axver, there are looooads of tiny festivals in Europe as well though... in winter they still have many set up indoors too...

No need to talk down to me; I've been to "festivals" in venues holding 300 people. But the usual assumption when somebody says "festival" is that they are referring to a large outdoor event with multiple stages. BVS is the king of unnecessary nitpicking and you're managing to outdo him here.

No need to talk down to me; I've been to "festivals" in venues holding 300 people. But the usual assumption when somebody says "festival" is that they are referring to a large outdoor event with multiple stages. BVS is the king of unnecessary nitpicking and you're managing to outdo him here.

wtf? i wasn't talking down to you! get off your high horse man!

don't people smoke weed at festivals where you are? it's pretty much the norm here...
(i don't though - i get asthma attacks just from passive smoking :lol:)

Sorry, that was dripping with sarcasm. I expect a festival to have pot smoke, I expect a reggae festival to have some oxygen.

At the end of the day it doesn´t really matter if it is outdoors or indoors, I experienced terrible sound both outdoors and indoors. I expected this U2 show to be great in this aspect everywhere in the arena, but apparently there is still no sound system that would manage it.

loud-noise.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm still amused that the siren was accidentally left in for the first Wanderer intermission in San Jose #1.

Who, me? In Amsterdam 3 we were behind the red zone, Amsterdam 4 we were rail Edge's side, Berlin 1 - on the floor somewhere (arrived later at the venue as I really sick), Berlin 3 - seats, Berlin 4 - rail.

My hearing after the first show was shot and my voice was shot after each :D

Same. Went to all four and decided to buy earplugs on night two to stop them from bleeding.

We must have been at different shows... I was fine and certainly didn't use earplugs, nor did anyone I know / around me. :hmm: But I guess this discussion isn't going anywhere, so let's leave it at that :)

Yeah, at the shows I've been to, I didn't think it was especially loud. Was in seats for two shows, GA for the other two.

Y'all have indoor festivals? How does that work? Multiple venues?

Sometimes the stage will be divided in half, so that while one band is playing on the left side of the stage, the next band's stuff is being set up on the right side, that way the music never stops and there is zero downtime between acts.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

It'll be on HBO Go/Now for the foreseeable future (forever?). So a DVD release is very very likely. Really don't know what songs they'd cut. Everything feels essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom