2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Ive never been to a concert but im going to 8 and 9 september. I have GA tickets. What does not queuing up get me in terms of placement?

For this tour you can find a spot within a few feet (couple of meters) of some part the stage/catwalk even if you show up just before band takes the stage. Not a bad spot on the floor truly, so you'll have a good view no matter whether you queue or not.

For this tour you can find a spot within a few feet (couple of meters) of some part the stage/catwalk even if you show up just before band takes the stage. Not a bad spot on the floor truly, so you'll have a good view no matter whether you queue or not.

What a relief to hear this:) One worry less, Im also not sure what to expect in general. Like what to take with me, is there stuff like lockers? See Im really new to this concert stuff haha

Edit: Btw when you say just before the guys take stage, do you mean like show up at half past 7 when the tickets say doors open is at 7?

Last edited:
In North America they took stage around 8:15 PM on average. Doors usually opened at 6 here, so may be a bit different in Europe, but if you stroll in a half hour after doors open you should be more than fine.

Generally you don't take anything in with you outside of women taking in a hand bag or similar and of course cell phone etc...venues not likely to allow larger bags like backpacks (but its dependent on venue, so maybe check Ziggo Dome website for their exact policy), and not normally lockers or anything, at least not on this side of the pond. .

In Chicago I walked in at 8pm and got a great spot about 3 people deep from the E-stage. And they use the Estage and catwalk quite a bit. I am fully satisfied with my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've walked onto the floor 10 minutes before show time and ended up at one point or another withing 2-3 people of the stage.

It's very easy to be close this time around. The only reason to wait all day is if you HAVE to be on the rail, or if you absolutely want to be within 5 feet of the main stage.

Otherwise... just enjoy the day, enjoy the city if it's not the one you're from, and mosey on in about half hour or so before the show starts and you should be golden.

At least that's how it played out in the States. Who knows if it'll be different in Europe.

Haven't heard a peep from the band and we are getting close to opening night in Europe, any word if they've been/will be rehearsing for atleast a couple nights to knock the rust off?

I assume there will be one or two rehearsal days in Torino, as I don't think they'll need to rehearse extensively. It's only been 4 weeks since the last show.

I assume there will be one or two rehearsal days in Torino, as I don't think they'll need to rehearse extensively. It's only been 4 weeks since the last show.

Just enough to rehearse any changes (probably nothing more than changing Bullet - Hands - Pride transition or some new e stage songs). Or they'll bring back North Star :lol:

They need to rehearse their new Red Light/Love Rescue Me medley.

Looks like they'll be able to satisfy about 5% of the demand in Italy with these 2 shows. Turin should've been a 4 nighter.

Quite odd to start a countdown at 4 days, but this is U2's team we're talking about. :lol:
[TWEET]638470723481288709[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Wait. Are there more concerts in 4 days?

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Get some tix, man!
Counting on your reports from the shows to continue in a nightly basis!

YES YES YES! I am so happy now, was at last able to get a ticket for Stockholm 3 :D So U2 x4 here i come :D x2 GA, 1 one the best seats and Red Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom