2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that reminder that I'm not premium anymore, Daniel. :wink:

Can't imagine this is the end of Essendon's season, but they're looking a bit sad at the moment. Know how you feel, Slaxver.

What did he say?

What an awesome result. What a team this Hawthorn side is.

Lance Franklin is a liability. Hawthorn are better off without him. Gunston is a star.

Thanks for that reminder that I'm not premium anymore, Daniel. :wink:

For you :)
xcp2ft.jpg

intedomine said:
Lance Franklin is a liability. Hawthorn are better off without him.

Perhaps, but the other Hawks still managed to kick a shitload of behinds without him.

Looks like Hodge did well for his comeback, and Rioli for his 100th.

I have this guilty urge to apologise to Slaxver... which my phone wanted to change to "Slavery". I was honestly worried we were going to get cocky and mess it up (again).

No offence to Ax/Charlotte, who are decent human beings, but there is absolutely nothing that I would like to see more than Essendon sliding out of the eight.

Lance Franklin is a liability. Hawthorn are better off without him. Gunston is a star.

Oh come on man, that is ridiculous. Yes they are playing extremely well (and kicking straighter) but Buddy is the first person picked for that side every week. I see where you're coming from, but it's a silly comment.

The accuracy is not the problem. It's Franklin's role in the side, and how it effects how his teammates deliver the ball inside 50.

They are playing more efficiently without him, and have a real freedom and confidence about themselves when they go forward. He is nowhere near as important to this team as the media makes him out to be.

Roughead and Gunston compliment each other as twin talls very well in the current structure.

When Franklin plays, it's almost like he's a distraction, an occasionally brilliant, yet unconventional and unreliable target up forward. This is not to deny his individual ability as a player, but more to suggest that Hawthorn look a lot more at ease without him in the side.

This is not to say that he shouldn't play, but to allow something like an 11 goal loss to Richmond happen again (which can partially be attributed to Hawthorn's thoroughly incompetent forward line on the day, of which Franklin was a major factor) would be disappointing.

Franklin is best suited in a team of champions. Hawthorn these past few weeks have proven themselves to be a champion team. One comparable with Essendon 99-01, Brisbane 01-04 or Geelong 07-11.

Buddy back in the side only gives the Hawks opponents something else to worry about. So long as they don't become buddy reliant, Hawks can go all the way this year.

Based on standing his ground while SJ ran into him at full speed?

Knowing the AFL they'll give him 4 weeks. They like to suspend our players.

Lucky we're only 7 down. The umpires tried hard to gift Smedts (?) a goal with a soft 50.

Umpires pulling out free kicks for Geelong out of their asses. We don't deserve the lead but this is ridiculous.

This is a fucking disgrace. Our worst game for the year by miles. Only redeeming feature being we'll still be in the top 4.

Vlad n U 2 said:
Based on standing his ground while SJ ran into him at full speed?

Knowing the AFL they'll give him 4 weeks. They like to suspend our players.

Based on the fact the ball was at Stevie J's feet and Thompson went the man, not the ball, made head-high contact and Stevie J left the field bleeding and was subbed out?

Thompson barely had half a second to notice what was going on. There was little he could do.

Even Tom fucking Harley and MM say it's not worth any weeks.

Whatever goes down in the 4th, I'm not embarrassed to have tipped the Crows. Really great effort to keep themselves in this.

Geelong are getting free kicks for absolutely everything. We get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom