2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like THE LOAF! got some terrible reviews for his other gigs too. They say his voice is terrible, and that voice is as crucial to Bat Out of Hell as Steinman. It appears he is just past it.

Trav has no problem kicking 3-4 goals, its after that he usually puts his kicking boots away. Shocked to see him infront of Franklin, and Pendles and No. 1 :heart:

It still seems a bit high, especially considering Goodes, Thompson, Watson, Goodard, Hodge and Milne are as low as they are.

Cloke has indeed come good in recent times, but I wouldn't trade him for Vickery and J. Riewoldt.

Dusty Martin nowhere to be seen, even though he played 3 games this season where he dominated to such an extent that we would have lost by plenty otherwise. The game against North in Round 5 was one of the most incredible exhibitions of match-winning individual dominance I've ever seen.

Anyone seen the photos of D.Jarman from the Slowdown on the weekend? He's massive!!

Great read:

Tadhg Kennelly leaves us with an Irish blessing | Herald Sun

Yet, even the language was a problem: "Have you guys ever sat back and listened to the Australian lingo? Especially inside a football club. It's like being in the middle of Russia.

"I had no idea what was being said to me half the time."

He recalled an occasion when then-coach Rodney Eade screamed at him: "Just bomb it long down the guts."

He remembered a pre-season training session on a hot summer's day shortly after returning from Ireland and what he described as a "mild" Irish Christmas.

"I started to feel light-headed and, before I knew it, I had passed out and was in the back of an ambulance.

"Our captain at the time, Paul Kelly, was with me. One of the paramedics asked me my name and I said 'Tadhg (pronounced Tige)' and he said 'spell it'.

"As I did, he looked at Kel and said, 'This kid is off his head. Get him to hospital quick. What kind of name is that?' " Kennelly told the audience of his everlasting love for the Australian game.

"It's the game of Aussie Rules that has defined me. It has taught me to respect elders, respect women, always be honest and true to myself . . . most importantly it has taught me how to be a human being with the utmost respect for other human beings.

"Football I owe you my life as you have given me mine."

First confirmed trade is Morris and pick 15 from GWS to Richmond for pick 14.

Second confirmed trade is Marty Clarke (!!!), Jamie Elliot and pick 67 > Collingwood for GWS' pick 25.

Essendon re-signs Zaharakis (duh!) and Colyer, and won't be trading Gumbleton.

Yeah, not really surprised.

Apparently Dustin Fletcher will play on into next year! I don't know how his body's holding up. He was in the fucking team when the Bombers won the 1993 premiership!

Toovey's manager is a prick, trade him already. Same thing will probably happen when Cloke comes outta contract at the end next season.

AFL sub rule to stay, advantage rule tweaked

Seriously, how fucking hard would it be to introduce the rugby method of playing advantage? The ref calls it, and if the team awarded advantage does not gain any advantage from the ensuing play, then it is called back to the penalty and a free kick taken. That would stop all the nonsense where umpires think players have taken advantage when they never intended to and the moment is wasted.

As for introducing technology to help with scoring decisions, they should introduce it on the cricket basis. Teams should be allowed to challenge a scoring decision they disagree with, but only permitted two unsuccessful challenges, after which they cannot challenge any more. Since dubious decisions are much less common in AFL than in cricket, I doubt it would even be used that much.

This is crud.

We get pick 24, 46, 64 from Hawthorn and they get Jack "Mother's Boy" Gunston, 53, 71.

What's the need for such a large trade of picks?

EDIT: Only a piece of the puzzle, seems like more is on the way ...

By the things I've heard of them is he supposed to be a superstar player as soon as he steps onto the field for his first game?

GC got Jäger O'Meara. Good thing too their list was aging.

:lmao:

Be interesting to see if this kid delivers on his supposed promise ... or if the Gold Coast can really string anything together at all.

Shit's getting real, it's a great feeling when your club is throwing their weight around in trade week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom