2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- He couldnt speak highly enough of The Edge, describing him as a "just an all around great guy" and "a genius", and that one night on the tour he even joined the crew for dinner. He said the rest of the band were great also, though he did think Bono was a bit of a hypocrite in relation to environmental issues, as apparently he jetted back and forth to his home in Nice between gigs. :lol:

I'm not so sure he'll have a job again next summer if Bono finds out about this

:lol:

Seriously, Eastern Europe is fine from my point of view :D

But I've also heard Austria, Switzerland and Belgium, basically countries they've left out this time, are very likely. At the moment, there is talk about not one single concert in Germany, which would be crazy. All the German fans will come to our show(s) and it will be extra hard to get tickets :crazy:

I'm not so sure he'll have a job again next summer if Bono finds out about this

:lol:

Seriously, Eastern Europe is fine from my point of view :D

But I've also heard Austria, Switzerland and Belgium, basically countries they've left out this time, are very likely. At the moment, there is talk about not one single concert in Germany, which would be crazy. All the German fans will come to our show(s) and it will be extra hard to get tickets :crazy:

I heared they were coming to play Munich! :hmm:

We get the same in London, all the tourists come and try and spoil it for the Londoners. Some of them are like friggin ANIMALS let loose for the day :angry:

What are your sources saying Hartford? Really hoping this happens at Rentschler field. Live about 20 minutes from there. Supposed to be going to Foxboro tonight but not sure have a nasty cold thats been hanging on for over a week.

No source, just past history especially the fact that Live Nation had the Police and the Rolling Stones play Rentschler field on their most recent tours.

Also, Boston appears to be exhausted from two huge shows in the 72,000 capacity Gillette Stadium. Hartford is a slightly different market with a smaller stadium to fill, so thats another reason for me thinking it will happen in the summer of 2010.

They have to play at least 2 dates a bit close to the netherlands. I don't like sitting in a car for 7+ hours driving somewhere far away :D

if they play camp randall, can we all do the "Jump Around" during the intermission before the ultraviolet video starts?

YouTube - First Jump Around of 2009 at Camp Randall Stadium 9/5/09

eta: it's a tradition at this stadium...between the 3rd and 4th quarter, they play the old house of pain song and the student section jumps around.

-dan

:yes: it is. A thing of beauty.

I think I'd see them at either Lambeau or Camp Randall. I am a 'Sconnie and have never been to either stadium :(.

What do you think the chances are for a date in Minneapolis? Does it have any good stadiums? I'm only a 6 hour drive down from Canada :D

i saw some of the cal/minnesota college football game today, their new outdoor football stadium is nice.

-dan

I was at the MN/Cal game. :up:
My aunt has awesome season tickets, so if it's at TCF Stadium, I'm jumping on whatever presale they offer her.

It might be a little small for a U2 show, but given what else is rumored/planned so far, it would work. Attendance for the football game was 50,800 plus.

Depending on the dates, I'm hoping to hit 1-3 shows in Canada next summer and 1-3 East Coast shows besides Minneapolis. I can't wait to hear where 3rd Leg will kick off, I want to make reservations already (unless it's Minneapolis--:fingerscrossed: :eyescrossed: :pray: ).

Mark

Are those cities confirmed?

Depending on the time of year, another LA show could be at Dodger Stadium. Or in Anaheim?

The only markets I see them repeating are NYC and LA. LA will probably get another stadium show, although not at the Rose Bowl.

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Minneapolis
Madison
St. Louis
Detroit
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Hartford
New York City
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Miami
Denver
Salt Lake City
Seattle
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco

20 shows in 20 markets.

Are those cities confirmed?

Depending on the time of year, another LA show could be at Dodger Stadium. Or in Anaheim?

That list is confirmed to be 100% speculation.

I really don't think they'll play LA if they play San Diego, especially in sequence. They'll have enough of a hard time filling up Qualcomm Stadium as it is, and it's only an hour and a half drive from San Diego to LA.

I was at the MN/Cal game. :up:
My aunt has awesome season tickets, so if it's at TCF Stadium, I'm jumping on whatever presale they offer her.

It might be a little small for a U2 show, but given what else is rumored/planned so far, it would work. Attendance for the football game was 50,800 plus.

Depending on the dates, I'm hoping to hit 1-3 shows in Canada next summer and 1-3 East Coast shows besides Minneapolis. I can't wait to hear where 3rd Leg will kick off, I want to make reservations already (unless it's Minneapolis--:fingerscrossed: :eyescrossed: :pray: ).

Mark

I really hope we get at least one date in Minni. It's only a 6 hour drive down from Canada for me.

I really hope we get two shows in Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Yeah, the roof can''t open and the sound will be shit, but they'd easily sell out two dates with the Montreal + Toronto markets, not to mention all our pals from out east.

I was actually pretty impressed with Rogers Centre, and I was thinking the 70s/80s dome baseball stadium experience would be shitty. It actually felt a lot more intimate than what I think a football field would be like due to the shape.

I was actually pretty impressed with Rogers Centre, and I was thinking the 70s/80s dome baseball stadium experience would be shitty. It actually felt a lot more intimate than what I think a football field would be like due to the shape.

I'm probably misreading this, so please forgive me....but the Rogers Centre opened in 1988 or 1989, no?

You may just be in luck here. TCF Stadium is the venue cited in the 1st July rumour I've heard.

My guess is that the third leg will open with two shows in Montreal.

My money is on the third leg opening with a gig in Seattle.

I'm probably misreading this, so please forgive me....but the Rogers Centre opened in 1988 or 1989, no?
Yeah, the 70s was Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I lump the SkyDome in with the very cold and utilitarian domed stadium craze from that time.

I'm glad modern ballpark design has changed.

Yo y'all should come over to MTL if they decide to open the next NA leg here. You can buy beer at the corner store and get a great danse contact after the show. Bring the family!

My money is on the third leg opening with a gig in Seattle.

That would be nice, because Alaska Airlines just started direct air service between Austin and Seattle, and I've always wanted to go to Seattle. :hyper:

I heartily agree

Chicago is very, very far from being a crime-ridden sewer.

I've gone to Chicago many times, all of them with other women and haven't ever had a problem. We've walked all over the city late at night feeling safer than I do in my hometown. After the U2 concerts, we walked through Grant Park. Lovely, quiet, nobody but the occasional fan making there way home.

Now that I know my way around Soldier Field, I'd love it if they came back there. Lambeau would be nice too, though.

Birdlover

That would be nice, because Alaska Airlines just started direct air service between Austin and Seattle, and I've always wanted to go to Seattle. :hyper:

As well you should - Seattle is awesome! I'm really hoping for a Seattle date on the next leg, as I have a handful of friends/coworkers who were very bummed that they didn't make it here this year.

Oh, and yeah, I'd really love to see them come here as well, because that works out really well for me, since I live here and all. :wink:

I don't know if I'll travel again next year for shows (in an ideal world, they hit Portland, Seattle and Vancouver in a week, and that's just easy driving for me without much cost), but if they do by some weird miracle play Lambeau Field, I am SO THERE.

i went to seattle for the close of the american leg of the 97 tour, it was very nice...i'm sure it's only gotten better in the last 12 years.

too bad the show was at that dump of a kingdome

-dan

i went to seattle for the close of the american leg of the 97 tour, it was very nice...i'm sure it's only gotten better in the last 12 years.

too bad the show was at that dump of a kingdome

-dan

If ever a stadium cried out to be imploded, it was that fucking place.

Safeco is gorgeous, I've yet to see a game at Qwest but it looks great and it's loud.

what happened to our Pack today. :angry: :sad: :angry:
They were there in body but certainly not spirit
:( :sigh:

At least the Vikes lost, oh wait no they didn't
Well then at least the Bears lost :doh: oh, that's right they won in the last 15 seconds or so :sigh:

Packer support group in need tonight. U2 at Lambeau will do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom