2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the rumour was written as a limerick, or a rumour about a show in the place called limerick?

:lol: Hopefully both.

Limerick (city) would be an oddball choice for a show, over Cork or Belfast, but it is a great city. I have very fond memories of it from when I was there a few years ago.

Cities already rumoured are... Lisbon, an unnamed two in Spain (Madrid and ...?)

I don't think they're gonna do Spain again and Potugal, not when they've already did Spain the previous year. I'm predicting the Iberian Peninsula will only get one or two more shows next year and they'll be in Lisbon.

I don't think they're gonna do Spain again and Potugal, not when they've already did Spain the previous year. I'm predicting the Iberian Peninsula will only get one or two more shows next year and they'll be in Lisbon.

You know that Spain has 4 times the population of Portugal?
That's like saying they won't play Germany next year if they play in Austria.
Shows in both countries, for sure.

You know that Spain has 4 times the population of Portugal?
That's like saying they won't play Germany next year if they play in Austria.
Shows in both countries, for sure.

Of course I know that, but Potugal didn't get any show and there won't be enough sales to support two spanish and a portuguese show.
Doing Lisbon they play a new country and have the plus that the major cities in Spain are really close. They already played in one end of the Peninsula, now the logical move (in this case) would be to play in the other.
I can see a show in Madrid and one in Lisbon though, but I still think Lisbon twice has bigger chances.
I just don't see more than one show in each country, if they're doing both.

Why would you say that? On Vertigo, they did three Spanish gigs and one Portuguese gig, all in a row.

2010, they could easily do three concerts in Madrid, a second Spanish city (San Sebastian like last time? Seville for the first time?), and Lisbon.

Why would you say that? On Vertigo, they did three Spanish gigs and one Portuguese gig, all in a row.

2010, they could easily do three concerts in Madrid, a second Spanish city (San Sebastian like last time? Seville for the first time?), and Lisbon.

I'm not sure they will... they've been underselling a lot of European cities on this leg (especially Amsterdam, which could have probably sold out five shows). Maybe that's so they'd have enough support for next year's Euroleg, though.

Any Idea

When dates will be announced? I heard somewhere it'd be mid September. Anyone think that'll be true? It'd be nice to have tickets to some shows next after my last show this fall. Helps cure post-U2 depression lol

SMB

I think they will have the fan club membership renewal in Decembre before announcing the 2010 dates.

So, not before January or February for the dates.

I hope they come to Brussels next leg because I have't seen a show this leg.:down:
But Bono almost promised the Belgain television that they will come so I'm pretty confident.

I'm not sure they will... they've been underselling a lot of European cities on this leg (especially Amsterdam, which could have probably sold out five shows). Maybe that's so they'd have enough support for next year's Euroleg, though.

:grumpy: Yes, they NEED to return to Amsterdam to give us 3 more shows!

: spoiled: :wink:

I'm SURE they'll come to Belgium Niels. You say almost, I say Bono did promise it to you guys! I'll be there anyway! :D

I don't think it will be till next year so that everyone will have to renew their memberships so they could get a new presale code

IMO new European dates and ticket sales will be in the new year, so everyone can renew their u2.com membership....
...really looking forward to a new round of European shows.....

Well, just in case, even though Katie isn't a diehard fan like myself, she may sign up for u2.com haha. She wants to get U2.com merch anyways so she can get the cupon and between the two of us, we'll have eight tickets we can use for the pre-sale. Probably Montreal, two Philly and a Florida show

SMB

surely a 3rd leg is gonna be japan/australia? much as I woud love this tour to come back to the UK...but surely they will want to take this to countries that not seen it yet?

Then again guess how finicially viable it will be...

This alone makes me think this is crap. First of all it is IA not IO. :wink: There are two problems here. First off, Des Moines doesn't have a large stadium. Second, if the band were to play arenas they wouldn't play Des Moines. I don't think they have ever played Des Moines. They'd probably go for one of the two big college towns or Omaha. :shrug: I think this list is highly unlikely. :down:

We have the Wells Fargo Arena which seats about 16,000 for end stage concerts. Coldplay just played here, Bruce Springsteen is playing here in a few weeks, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

That all said...I was surprised to see Des Moines on the list.

We have the Wells Fargo Arena which seats about 16,000 for end stage concerts. Coldplay just played here, Bruce Springsteen is playing here in a few weeks, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

That's an arena, not a stadium... trust me, there's no fitting the claw into any arena.

That's an arena, not a stadium... trust me, there's no fitting the claw into any arena.

Unless they just took the legs of it, had the screen clipped onto the roof, and then had the rest of the stage in the middle, actually the outer circle seems to wide lol. It would be cool if they did the 2010 leg in arenas.

Unless they just took the legs of it, had the screen clipped onto the roof, and then had the rest of the stage in the middle, actually the outer circle seems to wide lol. It would be cool if they did the 2010 leg in arenas.

The screen, when fully expanded, is taller than PopMart's screen. I'm not sure even that would fit. And so much of this tour's mystique revolves around the massive stadium stage... they're not going to get rid of that next year.

Personally I couldn't care less if they have dumped the claw but the time they come back to Blighty in 2010, as long as they do :sad:

I remember back in 05, reading in one of the Boston papers(probably their website) that there could be a Fenway show that summer also mentioned were Wriggley Field and Dodger Stadium. Something to think about for the summer of 10. A blitz across the states is how it was described.:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom