2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on U2.com, an Aussie who's in Europe and going to shows there has said that she heard from a very reliable crew member that planning is in the pipeline for Australia next year - either February 2010 or October/November 2010!!!!!!!!!

Am excited cos this girl seems to have contacts! Sorry - haven't heard about NZ.

!hfdhsioafhodisahfysoupyh!!!!!!!!13e

Well this could be of interest.

U2place - Album a dicembre,U2 live in Europa e Roma nel 2010 - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

Anyone know italian? Here's a bad google translation.

Just now our placer Luxy met in Zagreb Sam O'Sullivan at the hotel where the band accommodations waiting for the new U2 concert strasera in the Croatian capital.

The technician of Larry Mullen Jr. said that the band after the conclusion of the second leg of U2360 Tour in Vancouver will complete the work on the band's new album, entitled "song of ascent" which will be released in December or in the early months of 2010.

In March 2010 and instead provided a new leg of the tour in Oceania, but this always O'Sullivan and a second hypothesis yet to materialize due to the high cost of transport of the stage.

While it seems confirmed the return of the band in Europe next summer for a new leg of the tour U2360. O'Sullivan has already confirmed a date in Italy of the Irish band to Rome. So it seems also confirmed the intention of the band to go and play in places where no concerts are planned during this first leg of the 2009 Tour U2360.

In the past, stress O'Sullivan revealed he had a preview in January last year to our placer Luxy I'inizio the world tour in Barcelona

im confused by the google translation, does that mean that they arent comming to aust? :(

If its gonna be around march. thats when we'll get dates.

So if this happens, what does that mean for the rest of 2010? another leg in america sep/oct/nov and maybe europe again in the summer.

that would be awesome if we were third leg. still i remain more hopeful than optimistic.

there were plenty who had all but given up hope in 05 before bam! dates came out of nowhere.

Here's the translation:
a member of the u2place forum met Sam O'Sullivan in Zagreb. After the end of the US leg the band will work on the new album SOA, to be released in December or early 2010 !
A new tour leg in Oceania is provisionally planned for March 2010, depending on the costs of transporting the Claw. U2 will return to Europe in Summer; a confirmed date Sam mentioned is Rome.

Much as I hope this comes true (especially for the Oceania fans), am I just being cynical in doubting that such important news would be shared so freely? Anyone connected with the band is bound to know that such information will be on the internet straight away, so would they really be so candid?

that makes no sense... why would they possibly want to lie or hide the truth about that? :huh:

i'll be a lot happier when i'm lining up for tickets, but this is somewhat encouraging.

Much as I hope this comes true (especially for the Oceania fans), am I just being cynical in doubting that such important news would be shared so freely? Anyone connected with the band is bound to know that such information will be on the internet straight away, so would they really be so candid?

Until formally announced I'd just assume that this is what they're working towards, but it can be changed at any time.

And this information has already been doing the rounds.

Looks like the suppose June/July N.A. leg has been chop.Not that i'm surprise,though..

Looks like the suppose June/July N.A. leg has been chop.Not that i'm surprise,though..

Could 2010 be similar to this year's schedule in terms of Europe and N America, but with Australasia in spring and S America in autumn / winter? Maybe the tour could keep on going into 2011, depending on whenever the SOA album appears or when the band want some time off?

The more I'm hearing about SOA, the more I'm thinking that the songs are near enough complete, if not already 'in the can' and ready to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom