2009-2010 College Basketball Season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find Jim Nantz's play-by-play consistently underwhelming, but the commercial with him and the video phone thing is funny.

Seeing as Penn State has been completely awful this year, I have no qualms about throwing my full support behind 'Nova and Temple.

NIT baby, yeah! Watching Jim Calhoun coach is feeling eerily like watching Jason Varitek hit.

But we sure do whip ass in girlie ball, so there's that :doh:

just think about this for a second...

there's a very good chance that both UConn and UNC will be in the NIT, and neither team will make it to the finals.

Enjoy it. I've had friends go to it before, they said it's a lot of fun being up there.

it's my first time going to the big east tourney... had opportunities to go before but it was always for the afternoon games where i couldn't get out of work.

so while i'm excited to check it out... i'm a little bummed that i'm going thursday and not friday, because my gf, who got the tickets through her job, thought she had put in for friday night, but rather for whatever mental breakdown reason, put thursday in her e-mail.

ahh well... beggers can't be choosers, especially when one only has to pay for beer.

If we don't beat Wisconsin tomorrow I'm going to injure the next person that posts in this thread.

If we don't beat Minnesota tomorrow, I'll have no reaction because that's exactly what I'm expecting.

Also, if Illinois goes down, fucking bring it GAF. Just try to step.

bye bye coack Lick @ Iowa. Just wasn't a good fit, but good riddance. Never seen a worse team than the Iowa Hawks fielded this year.

The sad part is that PSU lost to that Iowa team. And there's basically no way they get rid of DeChellis since they extended his contract after they won the NIT last year.

That double bye sure looks helpful to the top 4 Big East seeds.
In Nova's defense, Marquette is a very good team.

That said, they deserve the 4 or 5 seed they're going to receive from the selection committee. I always dislike the delayed reaction by college voters. Nova's been underrated for years, and this year they were overrated the entire season. Just like Penn State's football team.

Exciting day of college hoops, with 3 of the 4 favorites in the Big East and ACC going down and the other one in each barely advancing.
Today should be entertaining as well.

Headache, how'd you enjoy your night at MSG? You see both night games? Pretty good games. (Both a bit ugly, especially the Huggins Memorial, but very competetive).

Notre Dame looks very good with their new slower half court approach and Harangody back from injury...they could make a little noise in the NCAA tourney.

In Nova's defense, Marquette is a very good team.

No doubt.
Thats the beauty of the Big East, very strong at the top, 8 teams that are tourney worthy, will be interesting to see if they get all 8 in. (heck you could even argue teams 9 and 10, South Florida and Seton Hall are deserving consideration, but they won't get in)

the big east is ridiculous. good teams that would probably make the tourney if they were in other conferences won't even make the NIT because of how tough their conference schedule is.

was a good two games... was on the baseline closest to cinci & notre dame's bench about 15 rows back, so the seats were pretty good.

my plan when i left work at 4 was to hit up one of the bars on 33rd street between my subway stop and the garden until my gf got out of work... that plan was shot to hell, as the bars were overflowing with angry syracuse fans.

that's why the night games at the big east tournament always have crazy crowds... they sell a lot of day passes, so a lot of the people have tickets to all 4 games, so they go to the 12 and 2 games, then kill the hours inbetween by getting shit faced, and are fairly loaded up by the time the 7 and 9 games come along.

ugly games, especially the second one, but saved by the fact that they both came down to the final minute. i thought the huggins memorial was going to be a blowout after the first 10 minutes and i'd get to leave at half time and go to bed... alas, was not to be.

Random observation: Georgetown's Princeton offense looks so much nicer with Greg Monroe in the pivot instead of Dr. Hibbert.

Kansas is the No. 1 overall seed, yet they are in the toughest region, IMO.

Duke has an easy road.

Syracuse got screwed.

Right now, here is my Final Four:
Kentucky
Duke
Georgetown
Kansas St.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom