(12-05-2002) Bono Not Bleeped on Today Show - TV Guide Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.tvguide.com/

OH, [BLEEP]!: Today show censors were apparently asleep at the wheel this morning. During Katie Couric's interview with Bono and Ashley Judd about their Heart of America tour, Bono said "bulls--t" and it wasn't bleeped out. What is the world coming to?! Think of the children!

OH BLEEP THIS!!!

This person from TV Guide needs to get over it! It might not have been bleeped out on the east coast because it was live (DUH!), but it was bleeped out for the Central Time Zone watchers, and I'm sure for the viewers in the later time zones. WHO CARES! There are worst words than that! And besides, Bono was in the moment and was passionate with what he was talking about!

:bono: GO BONO!!!:dance:

Re: OH BLEEP THIS!!!

Allegra said:
This person from TV Guide needs to get over it! It might not have been bleeped out on the east coast because it was live (DUH!), but it was bleeped out for the Central Time Zone watchers, and I'm sure for the viewers in the later time zones. WHO CARES! There are worst words than that! And besides, Bono was in the moment and was passionate with what he was talking about!

:bono: GO BONO!!!:dance:

No kidding.

Oh, my god, Bono said the s-word! *Gasp*

Like that person from TV Guide's never swore before.

At least now I understand why Bono was bleeped out here (I live in the central time zone).

Angela

Re: OK

Allegra said:

It sure didn't seem to come across that way! I don't know who this reporter is or how he usually writes, but...whatever...

I know! At first I thought the guy was getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Ridiculous. But it actually is a joke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom