(11-25-2004) More on the New U2.com Memberships -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a response back from Fanfire, the folks who are handling the Propaganda/U2.com conversions. Rest easy, there will be a solution for all of us, even if you never get your letter. Here you go!...

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your email. At this point we have to cross reference our list of current Propaganda members to verify that you are in fact entitled to our discount. Once we are able to verify your status we will contact you with a promotional code to use on U2.com for your 50% off the membership. Due to the overwhelming amount of individuals who have moved since there initial
membership, it may take a few days for us to get back to you. We are handling these cases as quickly as possible and we do appreciate your
patience.

Sincerely,
Rob
Fanfire CS

Wow...I seriously just came to this thread to post the exact same response from Fanfire that you just posted. Great minds think alike, eh?

-Mike

Yup! Well, I think we should all wait it out until the bugs are fixed... maybe another week or two. I'm sure the people over at U2.com are trying to work these problems out (or else they'll have to continue to face the wrath of us fanatics).

I just want to know what the exclusive content is within the site. Are the videos full length or just clips? Are the audios/videos savable or streaming only?

Also, keep in mind that you don't have to be a long time Propaganda subscriber to be a long time fan. I have been a fan since the mid eighties, but never subscribed to Propaganda. Of course I regret it now, but at the time it didn't seem important. I had the music and that is all I cared about. Of course I missed the two "exclusive" cds... which I hate myself for.

But you older subscribers do deserve your props and extra benefits. That is only fair. Just be careful not to say that you had to be a subscriber to be a long time fan.

jimbo913 said:
I just want to know what the exclusive content is within the site. Are the videos full length or just clips? Are the audios/videos savable or streaming only?

Streaming.

And if you do the $40 subscription thing, you get full-length videos.

If not, you get 30-second clips.

I was able to save the videos from the free site by finding them in my temporary internet files folder. I wonder if they would work the same way for the full length ones. I know most people could care less for these files, but for me they are a main incentive to join the site. I want some exclusive music files and videos. :drool:

Thanks for your response, at least I know what to expect.

I urge everybody to read my post in the thread above, about my experience with FanFire. It is long amd I hope it will be educational for all.

Fanfire actually called me today... with my Propaganda address from college, circa 97... but at least they called me.

Do we know if u2.com is doing it the old letter way, or just throwing us to the wolves with the website?

To weeks and counting, no propaganda letter here in Chicago

One week and counting no word-email from Fanfire / U2.com

How long......to sing this song.......How long???

Same here, SteveGed. They should really update the Prop Web site, or at least make the Prop page on U2.com more detailed in information. I mean, do they really expect everyone to receive that letter in the mail without error? Wishful thinking on their part. They're going to get a lot of returned mail.

email Propaganda at: info@numb.ie

trust me it works, got a reply within a couple of hours....however their reply was not to my liking....I had problems with the U2 site accepting my credit card, a normal Mastercard, and their response was "use another credit card"....shameful!

Last edited:
I finally got a response back from somebody I emailed at orderhelp@fanfire.com. It looks like Fanfire is handling situations for former Prop members who haven't received the letter --- like me. The gentleman who emailed me back said he did his research and even gave me the access code to get my 20 dollars off and to subscribe to U2.com as a former Prop member.

Just supply them with your current and former addresses and, if you have it, your Propaganda ID number. They'll help you out!

elevation1975 said:
I finally got a response back from somebody I emailed at orderhelp@fanfire.com. It looks like Fanfire is handling situations for former Prop members who haven't received the letter --- like me. The gentleman who emailed me back said he did his research and even gave me the access code to get my 20 dollars off and to subscribe to U2.com as a former Prop member.

Just supply them with your current and former addresses and, if you have it, your Propaganda ID number. They'll help you out!

Thanks. How long did it take them to get back to you? I emailed them about a week ago, but they havent responded yet.

I emailed both Principal and Fanfire. Fanfire took a little over a week to get this done, Principal has not done much. I'd try both --- just keep bothering them.

ewen said:
email PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT at info@numb.ie, you might have better luck.

I did. See my post in the other thread. They replied quickly with the terse, vague response of "Did you notify Terri Panero of your change in address?" I responded yesterday morning, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. But like elevation1975 said, I should probably just keep pestering them and fanfire.

mr_perfect said:
this is so weird...I called Fanfire Monday night and had my prop code emailed to me Wednesday morning...

I think it has a lot to do with who you get on the phone. The woman I got had no clue what was going on. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I call.

I think it's best to have it in writing from Fanfire. Terri Panaro is a goner, I think. I've been emailing her since 1995 with change-of-address stuff, but now I get no response.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I think it has a lot to do with who you get on the phone. The woman I got had no clue what was going on. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I call.

Aaaand I did. I called a couple hours ago, and it took about 5 minutes to give them my info and have them tell me they'd email me my code.

Stay tuned for the next part of my thrilling saga, where I actually receive the email and purchase my discounted membership.

Hallelujah, they (fanfire) said they would email me a week and a half ago. Still have nothing. I received replies twice from a guy named Chris and so far he has not replied back with any kind of resolution. I think Im going to call next week and lay it down. I still have a copy of an email Teri Panero sent me in 2002 after my address change in December. Im thinking next week is the time you should call fanfire since the holidays are in full swing the next week. Im not sure the email thing is working for all of us.

Ah, wonderful. Well, I do know some folks who have gotten their codes this way, so I'm still hopeful that it will work for me, too.

And I really, really hope I don't have to call to resolve this next week. I have finals and, frankly, I won't have time to deal with this, again, some more.

I have spoken to them on the phone 5 times over 14 days, each time they promised to e-mail me the code, except the time they told me they would call me with it and still nothing. Really irritating.

Back
Top Bottom