(10-23-2006) The Hunt Is On! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interestingly, none of the songs we've seen lyrics for so far have been "automatics" for this release besides Beautiful Day. Sweetest Thing, Walk On, and SYCMIOYO aren't really surprises, but I'd figure we'd see WOWY, Pride, etc lyrics first.

The Austrian site took the banner down again. Ironic that I can't see it given that I'm in Austria and have several copies of that newspaper lying around. Nobody's said which lyric they quoted, does anyone remember?

I think it will be 16 letters, for the 16 old singles. But it would be really cool, and probably cause a huge freak-out on these boards, if they posted lyrics from the new songs.

EDIT: I feel dumb, but I reloaded my browser. To answer my own question, it's "You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been"

2nd EDIT: And it's gone again. Tricky, tricky. I guess that's another disapearing ad alert.

Last edited:
For triplem.com.au, it looks like you have to pick a city to be "locked in." Does anyone know if the pages are substantially different - that is, if we might miss the ad? I picked Adelaide. Let's make sure we've got them all covered.

Varitek said:
For triplem.com.au, it looks like you have to pick a city to be "locked in." Does anyone know if the pages are substantially different - that is, if we might miss the ad? I picked Adelaide. Let's make sure we've got them all covered.
I picked Sydney, which looks like this:

triplemxe6.gif

(screenshot resized)

Though, if you wanted to switch cities, you'd probably just have to clear your cookies. So far no sign of a banner.

And as for the clues we've gotten so far, I'd be so amused if it turned out to be:

LOU REED'S HOUSE

:der: :tongue:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I picked Sydney, which looks like this:

triplemxe6.gif

(screenshot resized)

Though, if you wanted to switch cities, you'd probably just have to clear your cookies. So far no sign of a banner.

And as for the clues we've gotten so far, I'd be so amused if it turned out to be:

LOU REED'S HOUSE

:der: :tongue:

you can go down the bottom and select a different city....

and yer it sounds like something to do with that crazy little island owned by america ;)

That us mp3.com has nothing now...and I can't even get the UK Channel 4 site to open.

L, o, u, u. Maybe Honolulu and something added to it?

deirdre said:

is it there now on the 1st page? I'm looking but don't see it,
it seems as if that one wasn't up very long

It's not there now, but I went to the 'Rock & Pop' page, and it was there on Tuesday. I believe someone posted on that site this link:
u201storytt5.jpg

U2girl said:
That us mp3.com has nothing now...and I can't even get the UK Channel 4 site to open.

L, o, u, u. Maybe Honolulu and something added to it?

I never saw a banner on mp3.com or can I get the UK site opened either..........:scratch:

I see it now, in between the blue tabs at upper left part of the site. /telegraaf, telesport etc.

"Once you think you know the answer to the question come back here to enter the competition." There will probably be a separate part of the U2.com site once all the letters are given.

Does it have to be a sentence from all the letters? Then maybe that second Japanese site O counts too :confused:

o god,
so we do have to browse into the site. just when you thought opening ALL of the sites and looking for the clues on the main page was time-consuming already, this came.
but am weirdly having fun though :(

it's just, for instance, for the dutch site. i wouldn't have known that the clue was behind the prive and i-mail tabs because i don't speak the language. i mean, the clue on the japan sites was on the main page.

am so glad that we here have so many people from all parts of the world and speak so many languages....

so HONOLULU, HAWAII seems to be the obvious answer.
but we've had quiet many letters and lyric excerpts during three days. perhaps the final sentence could be longer, perhaps ALOHA STADIUM, HONOLULU HAWAII :):)

oh, and i completely missed the one on the Austrian site. is it on the front page?

Last edited:
Hot Press now have their banner showing.

Highlighted letter is 'S' - lyric - "See the (s)tone set in your eyes". The banner is on the homepage.

it's just in the posting at the bottom of the page - a random comment from a poster. The actual editorial content from the site doesn't say anything about it a fake. So there is nothing official yet. It looked real to me but with photoshop and everything today it's hard to say!

mp3. com/news/stories/6877. html

yes, stadium, right...me bad

still thinking...where does U2 go?
for most of us...
straight to the soul...
<The Goal is Soul>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom