(07-08-2003) Bono To Get Disobedient? - Miami Herald *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.miami.com/

Bono May Join Civil Disobedience Campaign

DUBLIN, Ireland - Irish rock star Bono threatened Tuesday to join a campaign of civil disobedience if rich countries don't do more to combat world poverty.

"The people I represent - the activists from my community - will take a very, very different tack in the next few years if these trends are to continue in Africa," the U2 frontman said at the Dublin launch of a U.N. report which warned that international programs to help poor nations out of poverty are failing in many countries.

"I am ready to march with my activist friends in campaigns of civil disobedience," he added. "We are about to get very noisy, we are about to bang a lot of dustbin lids. This issue is the defining issue of our time and some of us are ready to really work on it."

Interesting....the US needs another leader with the passion to fight poverty like Bobby Kennedy. I just don't see any of that in Bush. That's one of the many things I love about Bono, he has the ruthless fighting spirit similar to Bobby's. Keep up the good fight Bono! I'm with ya all the way.

Hmm you made an interesting inference there u2&politix.
I never really thought about it, but you're right. I see a similar spirit that was in the politics and beliefs of Bobby Kennedy. I'll bet that Bono was a great fan of him back in the day.

I'll be pounding my dustbin alongside Bono...and smashing Bush's face with it if things don't change....

(and I'm a republican :reject: )

Well, I'll keep voting even if it doesn't always work. I'll bang a few dust bins, while I'm at it. and Bush doesn't need to have his face smashed into a dust bin, he's perfectly capable or running smack into one all by him self. Let's just hope this isn't the case with the funding.

Back
Top Bottom