(06-23-2006) ZOO TV On DVD - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a shame they didn't want to include Bad, Desire, and Ultraviolet -- considering that setlist was more representative of the ZOO TV experience as a whole.

nathan1977 said:
It's a shame they didn't want to include Bad, Desire, and Ultraviolet -- considering that setlist was more representative of the ZOO TV experience as a whole.

Desire is on mate , but it's the only song that wasnt performed on Syndey , that's on the dvd :|

Holy shit this is awesome! Coincedentally, while moving out of my apartment today, I dropped my copy of ZooTV Sydney and a chunk of the tape broke off! Thank God for ZooTV DVD!

:hyper:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, :wink: OH YES

Come on, well chuffed

Zooropa, i thought it was all over

Was just speaking to a girl i work with about it, SHE WAS 2 when it Zoo Tv tour was about, OH my GOD, Im only 26.

Im getting scared ( i know i was only 12 but i had a mother who drilled u2 into my makeup)

LyricalDrug said:
Will it be in widescreen format?

I think not, since it was never filmed in widescreen.
Nevertheless, repeat all those smilies here!
:combust:
:dance:
:drool:

*had secretly hoped for the entire ZooTV special documentary*

dazzledbylight said:
wooooooo hoooooooooo!!!
I never got to see the VHS {just the 90-00 UTEOTW which was enough to WISH for the whole thing.........so....

:love: :dance: :drool: :drool: :dance: :love:

But it's not from this dvd , that video was in 92 , Outside Broadcast leg . This one is from november 83

It IS about time!!!! ZOO TV broadcasting again! All Right!! :applaud:

While it's great they are finally releasing this on dvd, I can't help but feel they've missed oportunities to really make the dvd great.

Unfortunately, whatever caused them to edit out Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World (which was seen in the original cable tv broadcast) from the original home video release has not been resolved and we are still left with an incomplete concert.

They are giving us 2 songs from the Zoo TV special that aired on MTV and Fox in late November 1992, but not the full special. It ran for 1 1/2 hours on MTV (about 65 minutes minus commercials) and 1 hour on Fox (about 47 minutes minus commericals) so they easily could have and should have included this special instead of just excerpting 2 songs from it. By including the full special it would have given a better overall idea of what the Zoo TV and Zooropa tours were like.

There are whole generations of U2 fans that only saw Zoo TV from the Sydney home video and have the wrong impression on many things that that video conveys. This concert was the 4th to last show on the entire February 1992 to December 1993 and the songs Dirty Day, Lemon and Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car were only played in the final 10 shows of the 157 date tour. Macphisto only existed in the 1993 shows while I get the impression many fans believe that character was a constant on the Zoo TV tour.

It's nice they included the 2 songs from the Manchester June 1992 concert that appeared in the long out of print home video Stop Sellafield, but apparently the documentary footage of U2 included in that video is not contained on this dvd. Including these 2 songs also shows fans who weren't there how the Zoo TV arena shows were in comparison to the stadium shows.

Last edited:
Waaaay Ovvvverdue!!!

For all of us who have been petitioning for this for years, this is our day, and they're even including Trying to Tghrow Your Arms Around the World on the bonus disc. Now we just need POPMART and Red Rocks.

Yay!! Great news. I've wondered whether Zoo TV would make it onto dvd! I don't really mind if it won't be representative of the Zoo TV tour as a whole - I've only seen Zoo TV Sydney, but I think it'd be hard to improve on! Now, i'm hanging out for Popmart!

toreurke said:

1983 you say? Hmm... :hmm:

:hug:

You see what happens when we mix a great wine with the net .

So kids dont have wine on lunch , when after you go to write somethin open , ol raiit :wink:

Back
Top Bottom