(05-19-2003) Bono and Gorbachev Take a Picture and Speak - Yahoo *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030519/i/1053355789.4160946247.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono and Gorbachev Mix It Up in Italy

MILAN (Reuters) - Bono Vox, singer and leader of the Irish rock group U2, will participate today in the intense activities of The World Political Forum "towards a New Civility,"at the Center of Congress in Turin, in conclusion of the International Fair of the Book that closes today in the Piedmontese capital.

It is announced on the actual site (www.thepoliticalforum.org) the same Forum, promoted from an idea of the former president Russian Mikhail Gorbachev and dedicated to the study of the problems of the world governance facing the challenges of the globalization.

The World Political Forum, forum of the World Politics "towards a new civility,"is born officially today in the Center of Congress of Turin. The first work session itself will happen next October in the monumental complex of Bosco Marengo, in the province of Alessandria. "The desire to want the Forum in Italy, and in Piedmont particularly, came from the same author: the Nobel Peace Prize Mikhail Gorbachev," the site says.

The proposal convinced some promoters - the president of the Region Piedmont Enzo Ghigo, the president of the Foundation for the Book, the Music and the Culture Mercedes Bresso, the president of the Province of Alessandria Fabrizio Palenzona - and gained the immediate support of high profile sponsors.

"The objective of the Forum, perhaps difficult but not impossible - the president of the Region Piedmont explains Enzo Ghigo - is actually that to succeed itself like innovative solution to the of there and beyond the diplomatic mediations, I individualize concrete solutions and politically passable to advise who has in the hands the future of the peaceful cohabitation between the people. And actually this its appearance of internazionalit? and reticolarit? finds the actual earthly ideal of cultivation and of growth in the international vocation of the Piedmont: a region that with the strong investments that is realizing in the technological innovation, in the net of infrastrutture and in the advanced formation, next day day is gaining the role that it deserves between the regions of Europe that changes".

Bono Vox, as it reads on the site, is part of the committee of the founders of the Forum. And in conclusion of the intense activities, he will interview the president Mikhail Gorbaciov, an interview that will be part of a series called "What's so hard about peace" pro joined from The Community. com of Los Angeles and WorldView Rights of Oslo under the direction of Davis Guggenheim who time after time compares characters in the world of music and of show and nominees of the World Peace Prize

The project involves, for now, besides Bono and Gorbaciov, also Peter Gabriel, Michael Douglas, Paul Simon, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Jospeh Rotblat, Jos? Ramos-Horta, the Dalai Blade and Aung San Suu Kyi.

1053355789.4160946247.jpg

Irish rock star Bono of U2 and former Soviet President Mikhael Gorbachev give a press conference at the World Political Forum in Turin, Italy May 19, 2003. Gorbachev, who established the Forum, said its main purpose would be to restore dialogue as the only means of solving global issues and creating a new, fair and safe world order. REUTERS/Claudio Papi

1053356949.3624058958.jpg

Irish rock star Bono of U2 (R) walks arm-in-arm with former Soviet President Mikhael Gorbachev during a press conference at the World Political Forum in Turin, Italy May 19, 2003. Gorbachev, who established the Forum, said its main purpose would be to restore dialogue as the only means of solving global issues and creating a new, fair and safe world order. REUTERS/Claudio Papi

Last edited:
WOW! Thanks Carrie, you beat the PLEBA girls;) He looks so cool and so gorgeous! :love: I had no idea this was going on!

U2Kitten said:
WOW! Thanks Carrie, you beat the PLEBA girls;) He looks so cool and so gorgeous! :love: I had no idea this was going on!

Cool! You know I have to keep up somehow! I have to post it here anyway! :wave:

Thanks for the pics and the news Carrie!
I had heard he was going to be in Italy before the Modena concert, but I just didnt know where! He looks great!

:wave: Hi Carrie, as always the first one with the news!

I can't keep up with Bono these days, he's everywhere.

I'm beginning to fear that the new album is going to be instrumental....;)

Edge(on the phone):"Bono, where are you? We're all at the studio waiting.

Bono:"Uhm, I'm in Turin with Gorbachev."

Edge: "Where?!! :confused: :faint:

Poor Edge...
Sorry, my imagination is getting the better of me...:wink:

And PRESIDENT REGAN CAME UP TO ME! with his buddy MR GORBACHEV!! and I can SEE THOSE FIGHTER PLANES!!!

Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky, Croke Park, 1987

How things change ;)

I found this article on Yahoo Italia, I tryed my best to translate it, I know some of it isnt perfect, anyways thought I would share it :

MILANO (Reuters) - Bono Vox, cantante e leader del gruppo rock irlandese U2, parteciper? oggi ai lavori di The World Political Forum "Verso una Nuova Civilt?", al Centro Congressi Lingotto di Torino, a conclusione della Fiera Internazionale del Libro che chiude oggi i battenti nel capoluogo piemontese.

E' quanto annuncia nel proprio sito (www.thepoliticalforum.org) lo stesso Forum, promosso da un'idea dell'ex presidente russo Mikhail Gorbaciov e dedicato allo studio delle problematiche della governance mondiale di fronte alle sfide della globalizzazione.

The World Political Forum, forum della Politica Mondiale "Verso una nuova civilt?", nasce ufficialmente oggi al Centro Congressi del Lingotto di Torino. La prima sessione di lavoro si terr? il prossimo ottobre nel complesso monumentale di Bosco Marengo, in provincia di Alessandria. "Il desiderio di volere il Forum in Italia, e in Piemonte in particolare, ? venuto dallo stesso ideatore: il premio Nobel per la Pace Mikhail Gorbaciov", dice il sito.

La proposta ha incontrato l'adesione convinta dei promotori - il presidente della Regione Piemonte Enzo Ghigo, la presidente della Fondazione per il Libro, la Musica e la Cultura Mercedes Bresso, il presidente della Provincia di Alessandria Fabrizio Palenzona - e l'immediato sostegno di sponsor di elevato profilo.

"L' obiettivo del Forum, forse utopico ma non impossibile - spiega il presidente della Regione Piemonte Enzo Ghigo - ? proprio quello di riuscire a proporsi come soluzione innovativa al di l? e oltre le mediazioni diplomatiche, individuando soluzioni concrete e politicamente percorribili da suggerire a chi ha nelle mani il futuro della convivenza pacifica tra i popoli. E proprio questo suo aspetto di internazionalit? e reticolarit? trova il proprio ideale terreno di coltura e di crescita nella vocazione internazionale del Piemonte: una regione che con i fortissimi investimenti che sta realizzando nell'innovazione tecnologica, nella rete d'infrastrutture e nella formazione avanzata, giorno dopo giorno sta conquistando il ruolo che merita fra le regioni dell'Europa che cambia".

Bono Vox, si legge sul sito, fa parte del comitato dei fondatori del Forum. E a conclusione dei lavori intervister? il presidente Mikhail Gorbaciov, un'intervista che fa parte di una serie denominata "What's so hard about peace" (Perch? la pace ? cos? difficile) prodotta congiuntamente, da The Community.com di Los Angeles e WorldView Rights di Oslo per la regia di Davis Guggenheim e che vede volta per volta a confronto personaggi del mondo della musica e dello spettacolo e Premi Nobel per la Pace.

Il progetto coinvolge, per ora, oltre a Bono e Gorbaciov, anche Peter Gabriel, Michael Douglas, Paul Simon, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Jospeh Rotblat, Jos? Ramos-Horta, il Dalai Lama e Aung San Suu Kyi.

MILAN (Reuters) - Bono Vox, singer and leader of the group irish rock U2, will participate today in the intense activities of The World Political Forum "towards a New Civility", at the Center of Congress in Turin, in conclusion of the International Fair of the Book that closes today in the Piedmontese capital.

It is announced on the actual site (www.thepoliticalforum.org) the same Forum, promoted from an idea of the former president Russian Mikhail Gorbaciov and dedicated to the study of the problems of the world governance facing the challenges of the globalization.

The World Political Forum, forum of the World Politics "towards a new civility", is born officially today in the Center of Congress of Turin. The first work session itself will happen next October in the monumental complex of Bosco Marengo, in the province of Alessandria. "The desire to want the Forum in Italy, and in Piedmont particularly, came from the same author: the Nobel Peace Prize Mikhail Gorbaciov", the site says.

The proposal convinced some promoters - the president of the Region Piedmont Enzo Ghigo, the president of the Foundation for the Book, the Music and the Culture Mercedes Bresso, the president of the Province of Alessandria Fabrizio Palenzona - and gained the immediate support of high profile sponsors.

"The objective of the Forum, perhaps difficult but not impossible - the president of the Region Piedmont explains Enzo Ghigo - is actually that to succeed itself like innovative solution to the of there and beyond the diplomatic mediations, I individualize concrete solutions and politically passable to advise who has in the hands the future of the peaceful cohabitation between the people. And actually this its appearance of internazionalit? and reticolarit? finds the actual earthly ideal of cultivation and of growth in the international vocation of the Piedmont: a region that with the strong investments that is realizing in the technological innovation, in the net of infrastrutture and in the advanced formation, next day day is gaining the role that it deserves between the regions of Europe that changes".

Bono Vox, as it reads on the site, is part of the committee of the founders of the Forum. And in conclusion of the intense activities, he will interview the president Mikhail Gorbaciov, an interview that will be part of a series called "What's so hard about peace" pro joined from The Community. com of Los Angeles and WorldView Rights of Oslo under the direction of Davis Guggenheim who time after time compares characters in the world of music and of show and nominees of the World Peace Prize

The project involves, for now, besides Bono and Gorbaciov, also Peter Gabriel, Michael Douglas, Paul Simon, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Jospeh Rotblat, Jos? Ramos-Horta, the Dalai Blade and Aung San Suu Kyi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom