(03-23-2004) 'One' One of 50 Best Videos Ever! -- Q *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/images/s_One.jpg[/SIMG]
'One' One of the 50 Best Videos Ever!

Just a few months after selecting "One" as "The Best Song Ever!", Q magazine has ranked the Mark Pellington-directed video for the song number 47 on its list of The 50 Best Videos Ever.

Of the video, Q says:
Bono's mob get arty. Too arty for MTV, mind.

Plot: A deceptively simple art film, intercutting footage of buffalo roaming the plains and still images of flowers slowly draining of colour. David Wojnarowicz's photograph of buffalo falling off a cliff provided the inspiration. Eventually, though, it was replaced by a video of Bono singing in a bar.

s_One.jpg

Behind The Scenes: An earlier "band in drag" video was shelved when U2 remembered the single's proceeds were going to AIDS charities.

Q's top five videos are:
5. Beastie Boys "Sabotage"
4. Electric Six "Gay Bar"
3. Michael Jackson "Thriller"
2. Fatboy Slim "Weapon of Choice"
1. Johnny Cash "Hurt"

The entire list of The 50 Best Videos Ever can be found in the April issue of Q with Kurt Cobain on the cover.

-- Q

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen that video :sad:

I NEED TO SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody has it? On your PC ? to send?

Last edited:
bratty_cat said:
I think all of the One videos are on 'The Best of' DVD. Haven't watched it in a while...

This one isn't...
Only on the Achtung Baby VHS...

yeah it's interesting that of all the u2 songs they'd pick for a top 50 video list they'd pick a song that had about 500 different videos :shrug:

then again, they have made some very dodgy videos in their day...

i would have to agree100% with their first 3 video selections, though... especially placing "Hurt" as the #1 video of all time. great choice.

There are three videos to ONE, but the black and white video shot in Berlin is absolutely amazing, the best video I have ever seen. Goes perfect with the song as well, Corbijn did a brilliant job. The other two videos are less interesting, they were made only because the original got pulled because of the material (drag queens).

I believe only the other two versions are on the 'Best Of' DVD but there is discussion of the "buffalo" version on the 'Story of One' featurette. In my opinion, the drag queen video is actually a lot better then the 'Bono in the bar' version; a lot deeper and more intresting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom