(03-13-2006) More on Bono and 'Enough Rope' -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
More on Bono and "Enough Rope"

Ed. Note: The producers of "Enough Rope" were kind enough to pass along the following synopsis of Bono's interview with show host Andrew Denton.

ENOUGH ROPE is Australia’s premier talk show and has a reputation for lengthy and candid interviews.

In a wider ranging and lengthy interview, of the type Bono rarely gives, he speaks freely about his double life as a Rock Star and campaigner. Bono expressed on behalf of the band how “deeply sorry” they are about postponing the Vertigo tour, and announced it will return to Australia in November. Bono said that it will be “better..cause it will be the only time…we get to play these songs for a long time...and the band member who’s life has been turned upside down ..he will be on fire, you know as opposed to having a cloud hanging over him so they’ll be amazing shows.”

On his “other life” Bono openly discusses meeting world leaders such as Mikhail Gorbachev, George W Bush his friendship and admiration for Sir Bob Geldof. Bono also talks enthusiastically about the opportunity our generation has to change the path of world history, and discusses the power we all have to make our politicians listen.

The full transcript will be on our website hopefully by Tues lunchtime Australian time

For more information on "Enough Rope," including how to access transcripts, visit the show's website.

Thanks Calli!

I am listening for the 2nd time! Excellent interview indeed. Sitting here listening to Bono talk among other topics, I can really feel the pride he feels when talking about the U2 fan base. Wow. And he says the shows they will make up in Nov. will be phenomenol, that the band member who is having a very difficult time right now will come back with a vengeance, like never before, unforgettable performances. Really makes me feel good AND proud to be a U2 fan.

the only thing I was concerned during the interview was Bonos coughing! He must be smoking heavily, unless hed a cold....But I doubt it!

^ me too... that was definitely a smoker's cough (I used to cough like that until I stopped) I wish he could find the strength to stop. I am sending him some "stop smoking vibes" right now :) :wink: :) really - I am

Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good interview except I thought it was strange that he was so guarded with Andrew who often brings out the best in people and makes them relax. Maybe because it was so rushed??

They certainly covered a lot of ground and I loved Bono's little impersonations!

Jeepers creepers, B.....Just because you told us at the Grammys you've gotten your dad out of your system, that doesn't mean you can squander his "gift". You're not gonna get another chance at another Great Voice.

Sheesh.......:ohmy:

^ Thanks U2DMFan!

And as regards the cough... well, have you ever entered a TV studio? The air is soooooo dry there that sometimes it is impossible not to cough, especially if you're not used to that!!

Back
Top Bottom