(03-10-2003) Bono: The 3-Hour Eater - The Observer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.observer.co.uk/

Who eats what and where?

Sanjiv Bhattacharya asks top Hollywood ma?tre d's and waiters
Sunday March 9, 2003
The Observer

Dinner- Medium or rare?

Bloody meat is the hot dish in LA right now. 'Kevin Costner and Elizabeth Hurley like their steak rare,' says Celerino Agostino, the executive chef at Ago.

'We're selling more meat. More rare steaks.' This taste for flesh has also been noted at the equally starry Chaya Brasserie. 'A few years back it was sea bass,' says Lawrence, the manager, 'but now, it's all ribeye, filet and venison.'

Where should I blag a table?

At Ago, Chaya Brasserie, Mr Chow, Morton's, Spago, Alex, Mastro, the Ivy. In Hollywood, food is not the most important factor: the hot spots enjoy a brisk trade in A-list clientele. Stars flock to these places, because other stars flock there - it's the flesh at the table rather than on the table that gives these places their buzz.

Agostino is not in the least offended: 'I know they come here for the atmosphere, it's a great sport to spot people when you're having dinner.'

Do the stars actually eat?

According to Agostino, there are a few who like their food: 'Richard Gere was in last night for our frutto di parma with buffalo mozzarella. Michael Caine likes the grilled langoustines with tomato penne. But the best eater is Bono from U2 - he'll come in here at 12.30pm and leave at 3.30pm, and go from appetiser to dessert to coffee. The Rolling Stones aren't so thorough. They just pick and poke, you know.'

Bono the best eater... What a shock. BTW, I'm starting to see the Hewson traits in Bono. He's got a lot of work to do in order to regain/keep that rock star figure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom