(02-11-2005) U2 Grammy Update -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Grammy Update

Today on her music report, DJ Kat Corbett of Los Angeles radio station KROQ announced that U2 will perform "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own" at Sunday's Grammy awards. Additionally, in its commercials for the show, CBS is saying that U2 will perform during the first hour of the telecast.

U2 is nominated in three categories for "Vertigo"--Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal, Best Rock Song and Best Short Form Music Video. The Grammys air Sunday at 8 p.m. local time on CBS. For more information visit www.grammy.com.

Jim Morrision wouldn't have written a tune like "City of Blinding Lights", but that aside, they should play whatever they want. if they want to push the new single, then play it.

This doesn't make sense. "Sometimes..." is not nominated. Usually the nominated song is performed. Furthermore, the new single in the U.S. is ABoY. Why abandon this song for "Sometimes" which hasn't been released in the U.S. as a single and might not be for a while?

doctorwho said:
Why abandon this song for "Sometimes" which hasn't been released in the U.S. as a single and might not be for a while?

Cuz its an incredible tune...its gonna blow everybody away.

I can't wait

ABoY was released yes, but Sometimes was just released on Feb 7 to US radio and is already on the Hot AC top 20!!

It's going to be huge, yes huge. It should be their 1st number one off the album and it will be number one in multiple formats.

I love "One", but after seeing the video and the passion that we will all see with the live performances, Sometimes may be my all time #1!!

As for the critics and the high note issue, WHAT!! He hits notes the way he always has...in the moment. Sometimes he hits the accurate perfect key, but does it matter? He ALWAYS delivers it with passion that most performers don't have. Names to note for passion...
Jim Morrison although usually drug hindered passion
Mellissa Etheridge, Bob Marley, Otis Redding, Eddie Vedder, even in his own soft way...James Taylor.

spencr00 said:

Cuz its an incredible tune...its gonna blow everybody away.

I can't wait

Exactly. I was hoping they would play Sometimes. I have the good fortune to have the live performance of it from SNL last year on tape and it's unbelievable the emotion Bono pours into that song. I don't think he'd pour the same into Vertigo, ABoY or CoBL.

The audience will be stunned, guaranteed.

Who cares what they play! After 4 years I have a great reason to watch the grammys :hyper: :hyper: As far as I'm concerned Sunday night is a religious holiday!

U2 are my favourite band of all times and I don't care what they play. I'm glad just to be able to watch them again and it will be a pleasure to see them performing to one of their new songs.

Greatest U2 song of all time!
Greatest song ever!

Im watching the video, and there are no words that can describe the inmense emotion that Bono pours into it
Its unbelievable....

You are correct, this is gonna blow everybody away....at the grammys and afterwards
It may be their first U.S #1 since 87'

Oh God what a masterpiece!

I was wondering if any fans are going to the Grammy's to watch their fav musician's walk down the red carpet? I would love to be there but I have never gone to any of the Grammy shows or Oscar shows. I am hoping to find some U2 fans who are willing to go and wait in the crowd? If anyone is interested please let me know. Ultraswt67@aol.com :wink: :wink:

Wow, I was sure they would play "Vertigo." Don't the artists almost always perform a song that's been nominated for an award that night?

Rachel D. said:
Wow, I was sure they would play "Vertigo." Don't the artists almost always perform a song that's been nominated for an award that night?

I've watched few grammy shows, when I had an interest, and I truly can't recall any performer doing a song outside what they were nominated for. But to be honest, I only watch what interest me.
I've seen non- nominated performances by various artist and if they should allow U2 another slot besides the nominated song, then that would be gravy. Of course there is the involvement with the charity relief song, but unless they (U2) just take over the stage like they did on SNL, :up: then I don't see any additional songs besides Vertigo. Even if they take over, it would problaly be cut to commercial because of time restraints...
Rock on anyway, I say, I'd love to be wrong ..:rockon:

Coldplay performed Politik...and that song wasnt nominated for anything (the whole album was nominated, I know), but Clocks was the song that they were nominated for

Love "Sometimes," but not singing "Vertigo" just doesn't make sense! "Vertigo" is an awesome song in it's own right! Either way, yay!

Back
Top Bottom