(02-11-2003) Bono and Edge Perform "Hands" on Today Show on 2/26 - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(02-11-2003) Bono and Edge to Perform "Hands" on Today Show 2/26 - Interference.com

http://www.interference.com/

Bono and Edge to Perform "Hands" on Today Show

Bono and Edge are scheduled to perform the Golden Globe-winning, and now Oscar nominated song "The Hands That Built America" (theme from Gangs of New York) on Wednesday February 26th on the Today show.

The Today show is broadcast weekdays from 7am-10am EST on NBC. Please check your local listing for channel information.

Thank you Like02, sue4u2 and wertsie!

Last edited:
TheRealThang_101 said:
well i hope they let us know exactly what day it is on, cause i dont wanna miss it, U2NEWS youve gotta keep us posted..

Awww! :hug: Will do! I promise!! I try my best for you guys!!! :heart:

It was just Bono and Edge at the Golden Globes...now it's just them performing it...

Does anybody know what Adam and Larry have been up to lately? Or is it in a past news article that I missed? :reject:

Ah, maybe I'm just too nosy, eh? LOL ;)

U2_crazy09 said:
I can never get enough of my hero Bono!!!!!! Can't wait to see him on the upcoming show!! YAY!!! This made my day!

Neither can I. :D.

Get to hear "Hands" live for the first time-this is exciting, I'm curious to hear how that song sounds live.

This is kinda like late November-early December of last year, when there was a U2 T.V. splurge during that time, now it's happening again here.

So let's see, I'm gonna have to watch for their "Today" show appearance, watch the Grammys, watch the Oscars, watch the R&R Hall Of Fame ceremony...

I'm gonna need some tapes.

Angela

On rockontv.com it now says that the appearance is on the 26 of february with the description:

"Bono sings 2 songs from the movie, "Gangs Of New York."

So far no update on the Today show website.

$35 DC-NY bus, here I come

I wanna know now when it is exactly. :no: :scream:

I am SO gonna be there. :hyper: :hyper:

Last edited:
BC, the whole band is going to be performing at the Oscars. There's no truth to the silly rumors that Adam and Larry have been checking out the UFO's. I can't wait! I normally don't watch the Oscars because they're usually boring as hell. Not this year!!! Ooh, la-la!!!!:drool: :evil: :censored:

This is such awesome news! Cannot wait to see this! Definitely a perfect opportunity for a sick day from work :yes:

U2log now lists the airing of the show as Feb 26. It's going to be taped on the 20th. Maybe they aren't going to actually be in NYC to play it.

I looked on the Today shows web site yesterday and it made no mention of U2 on the 20th. Their site is only 1 week ahead so maybe next week it will show when they are actually going to be on.

*ponders life without a tv vs. life with a tv*

this will show up on the internet sometime after it airs on tv, right?

sue4u2 said:
Thursday Feb 20th. NBC's Today show. I've already taken time off. What a dream..

HOT DAMN!!! That's my birthday! What a present!!
*spontaneously goes into PLEBA mode*
*is scandalized at the stuff I write in public*
:drool: :drool: :evil: :censored: :silent: :hyper:

Now that my hopes of seeing Bono and Edge live are shot to hell. I think I understand that to actually have them live would be mean shutting down that entire section of New York and surrounding streets. We all know the masses of people that would flood in to see them. Since there is a terrorist alert "code orange" any concert or gathering in Rockafella Plaza is out of the question. The today show usually has a concert in the Plaza every Friday, but there hasn't been on in 2 weeks now. Untill the "orange" or whatever other color- are lifted, you won't see anything happening in New Youk untill the grammys.
I don't mind watching a taped broadcast of Bono & Edge, at least its something new. Still can't wait, and still taking the personal time off work to watch.. On the 26th that is.

U2LoverBMP said:
The show is going to be on Febuary 26 at 7am *YAY*

Oh is this confirmed? :confused: I really don't know if it's gonna be taped on the 20th and aired on the 26th, but I hope they're just gonna be there on the 26th. I can definitely go then! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom