San Jose #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a moment, I thought it wasn't done. Night people! :wave:

SAP Center at San Jose - San Jose, CA - May 8, 2018

---------- Winter Beats ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - Beautiful Day
05 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
06 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
07 - Red Flag Day
08 - The Ocean
09 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
10 - Cedarwood Road
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
12 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
13 - Until the End of the World / Allen Ginsberg’s America (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
14 - Elevation
15 – Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
16 - Desire
17 – Sympathy for the Devil (snippet) / Acrobat
18 – Landlady (snippet) / You're the Best Thing About Me
19 - Staring at the Sun
20 – This is Not America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
21 - Get Out of Your Own Way
22 - American Soul
23 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
24 – One / Invisible (snippet)
25 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
26 - 13 (There is a Light)

Dcu3plXWsAEkBBC.jpg:large

How long has it been since they performed at least 8 songs off the latest album at a show? Popmart? Im not counting LIAWHL. That stat alone is impressive. I only wish Horses had been included tonight otherwise I can’t complain too much about that setlist.

Last edited:
For a moment, I thought it wasn't done. Night people! :wave:

Yeah it almost felt like they were going to come back for one more, which would've been weird given how they all exit during 13. It's not like they walk off in a huddle and can suddenly run back on and go "YEAH SAN JOSE THANKS FOR GIVING US YOUR FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL!"

13 as a closer is beautiful and super subtle. It also is a super confusing way to end. Not sure what I'd do differently, though. Maybe end the main set that way and then close with something peppier.

I listened for the MRI bit in the intro tonight and it gave me chills. I mean, Jesus. "Hello, welcome to my near death experience."

Also, accidental rail is the best rail. Much better show than night 1, and only partly because of where I was. Felt much tighter.

13 as a closer is beautiful and super subtle. It also is a super confusing way to end. Not sure what I'd do differently, though. Maybe end the main set that way and then close with something peppier.

I listened for the MRI bit in the intro tonight and it gave me chills. I mean, Jesus. "Hello, welcome to my near death experience."

Also, accidental rail is the best rail. Much better show than night 1, and only partly because of where I was. Felt much tighter.

It is odd that it definitely felt tighter, even though they did mess up more than yesterday.

It was cool to hear Gloria again.
Bummed they didn’t play Horses.

I liked the first night more betterer

It's a great fucking show guys. I always hear people talk about the Vertigo tour as a special tour because of how cool it was and how much energy there was. I never got to go to any of the Vertigo shows, but this felt like everything I've heard.

Tulsa wasn’t perfect. Especially at the end.
Those 92 performances were so much better.

When Bongo would send the kiddos off to school in the winter he'd always ask before they left..."Do you need gloves"

"Cover these hands its god damn freezing
you know these hands will freeze today..."

Back
Top Bottom