How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh... I mean, they do to an extent and they don't to an extent.

Obviously this method not only increases revenue, but also increases the chances of egg on ones face if a show ends up selling poorly even after the prices drop.

I also don't happen to agree with this method, but if it wasn't making the acts and LiveNation money, they wouldn't be doing it.

T Swizzle's issues with being the best at everything seem to be unrelated to the ticket issue - although there are some points this person makes that certainly could be applied to later day U2...

Agreed!

Mmm not a fan...that said tickets for Swift's UK shows are not selling that quickly- but at the prices they're after I'm not too suprised

If something sells out immediately, that's means lots of money was left on the table, and into the pockets of scalpers.

Live nation is taking the "can't beat em join em" approach. You don't see resellers selling out of tickets... They have inventory right up to and even after the show. It's just how it's done to maximize profit.

Does anyone have a sense for if and when official pricing on TM might come down for slow moving markets?

Call me crazy, but St. Louis looks like a strong candidate for discounting - -I'm surprised that the very top row for several sections at slight angles from the stage / video board are priced @ $106 plus fees.

Does anyone have a sense for if and when official pricing on TM might come down for slow moving markets?

Call me crazy, but St. Louis looks like a strong candidate for discounting - -I'm surprised that the very top row for several sections at slight angles from the stage / video board are priced @ $106 plus fees.

That's around the average price for a ticket, so I don't think those will be cut in price. If there is any price cutting, it will be with the $325 and $171 dollar tickets. Or those ticket packages with special things that are even more expensive.

Just sat down to read my copy of From The Ground Up (U2 360 Tour Official Photobook) and came across this:

The Edge:

"There was also the issue of the fans, especially the younger ones. We were very aware that with gigs of a certain size, the tickets were being resold at incredibly high prices, which felt wrong. It felt like our fans were being ripped off. But we were also aware that the younger, college-student age fans, couldn't afford tickets at all. So by doing outdoor concerts, by completely fulfilling demand -- which you do in pretty much every city where you play a big stadium -- it just kills the secondary ticket market. So we were able to offer thousands of tickets at around $30, and suddenly they're affordable for the younger U2 fans, and then you really see the difference in the crowd."

I'd like to hear his comments on the arena shows and ticket pricing.

Just sat down to read my copy of From The Ground Up (U2 360 Tour Official Photobook) and came across this:

The Edge:

"There was also the issue of the fans, especially the younger ones. We were very aware that with gigs of a certain size, the tickets were being resold at incredibly high prices, which felt wrong. It felt like our fans were being ripped off. But we were also aware that the younger, college-student age fans, couldn't afford tickets at all. So by doing outdoor concerts, by completely fulfilling demand -- which you do in pretty much every city where you play a big stadium -- it just kills the secondary ticket market. So we were able to offer thousands of tickets at around $30, and suddenly they're affordable for the younger U2 fans, and then you really see the difference in the crowd."

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If there was a book now. It would read " yeah we were sick of the secondary market ripping off our fans so we started to do it ourselves " [emoji23][emoji23]

The Edge:

How the heck does the band "see the difference in the crowd" when those $30 seats are about three miles away from the stage?

He meant "you really see the difference in the cloud", because that's where those with $30 tickets are sitting.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

if there was a book now. It would read " yeah we were sick of the secondary market ripping off our fans so we started to do it ourselves " [emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_9282.JPG

He meant "you really see the difference in the cloud", because that's where those with $30 tickets are sitting.
How the heck does the band "see the difference in the crowd" when those $30 seats are about three miles away from the stage?
You didn't know? Larry spends an hour before every show selling hot dogs in the 400s

And not just any hot dogs... Avocado hot dogs, a millennial delicacy

Last edited:
My opinion is that U2 aren't to lower the prices anytime soon. They're gonna try to use their performance on the Grammys to generate some interest at the current prices, and to try to push GOOYOW as a single. I wouldn't look for prices to drop until about 2 months before the show, at the earliest.

Also, European dates are rumored to be announced on the 16th, so next Tuesday.

Did everyone got GA's today? I'm curious to hear if there may be any chance for the innocence group tomorrow to get GA's.. (Although I spent hundreds of euros on U2.co memberships the last years, I'm in Innocence)

Did everyone got GA's today? I'm curious to hear if there may be any chance for the innocence group tomorrow to get GA's.. (Although I spent hundreds of euros on U2.co memberships the last years, I'm in Innocence)

I got 2 GA for Hamburg. No issues. by 10:05am I had the tickets.

Seems like the GA tickets for the fanclub member sold like hot cakes. Got mine for Copenhagen at like 10.01 am or so. Got in directly luckily.. seems it was an harder ordeal for Paris, Amsterdam and such.

YEs... got in at 10:15: 0,00000000 tickets available

That queuing system Ticketmaster Netherlands uses is garbage.
What time do you realistically have to get into the queue at to even have a shot at getting a ticket ??

YEs... got in at 10:15: 0,00000000 tickets available

I sorry to hear that. I wish U2.com had another group in addition to the experience, and innocence groups, one that would be for members that have been payed in full each year since the start of U2.com. Looks like that would really help the hardcore fans in Europe where demand is stronger.

I sorry to hear that. I wish U2.com had another group in addition to the experience, and innocence groups, one that would be for members that have been payed in full each year since the start of U2.com. Looks like that would really help the hardcore fans in Europe where demand is stronger.
They had 3 tiers of seniority for the 360 tour and inexplicably did away with that approach thereafter.

Yea I don't know what they're doing. They change it every tour. The three tiers worked very well.

indeed. Or why not throw ALL tickets in the house in fanclub-presale? In that way all paying u2.com members would be able to get tickets... what's wrong with that?

I did not extend my membership in December 2015, after paying almost 10 years in a row.... I started January 4th 2017, extended early this year. Since the date counting is 24th of December 2016, I'm screwed... Guess I had more chance in the Experience group...stupid me.

Anyone had any luck in buying tickets for Berlin today? I pre-ordered the album via Universal retailer before 30th November last year, I was mailed the code for the special Universal presale last week. Today is the presale and ticketmaster.de says my code has already been used. How come as I bought no tickets so far??? I didn't give the code to anyone. :(

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck in buying tickets for Berlin today? I pre-ordered the album via Universal retailer before 30th November last year, I was mailed the code for the special Universal presale last week. Today is the presale and ticketmaster.de says my code has already been used. How come as I bought no tickets so far??? I didn't give the code to anyone. :(

Yes, two seats :( We wanted GA! But the captcha kept refreshing and we got seats instead of GA.

Back
Top Bottom