How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure but is the Atlanta show at the Infinite Energy arena the smallest stop of the group of stops? It holds a grand total of 13,000 for concerts.

For a metro of almost 6 mil and fans traveling in for a show its a head scratcher. Phillips arena must have been booked up.

With that small capacity it would be near impossible to get a ticket at a decent price, or a ticket at all.

Phillips Arena is undergoing a renovation over the next year. The arena will still be in use but probably wouldn’t work with with the stage. I applaud them for playing the smaller venue since they haven’t been here since 360. Just wish they hadn’t screwed up the ticket process.

I think this change of opening the sales to everyone (so with only VF on day one) is that they likely had thought that all shows would be sold out by the end of the day. So this change is likely a last-minute one.

No I believe I saw somewhere (probably the list on the TM page of on sale times for all the various presales) that the Verified fan thing was only for the first day or so, was having a conversation with my friend yesterday who got wait listed for Boston about that fact. I am pretty sure the sales were always planned to open up to anyone after a certain time. Makes sense, cause if they sell out, the Verified thing in theory (definitely not in practice) keeps the bots away from the tickets, and if they don't sell out, the bots won't be interested in the tix due to lower demand.

Well, let's see. . .

I bought a $300 seat for 360 St Louis . . . one for I&E Phoenix, one both for Miami and Tampa JT30.

The rest of the time I get GA or cheaper lower or higher level.

I like to mix it up.

So far this upcoming tour, I'm GA for St Louis.

It's great to see them from different angles high and low.

Appreciate that - it's helpful to think of it as a chance to see shows from different angles. Without getting too personal or presumptuous, it seems you have the means to do this for several cities and I'd imagine that's true of a lot of people who see U2 (and travel to see U2). But it still seems remarkable to me that the casual fan, who appreciates their music but by no means would travel to see them, will spend upwards of $1,000 for two tickets and a night out on the town...

It looks like Atlanta is starting an open sale at 10a ET this morning. And there is yet another Citi presale opening up at the same time. This will be the 4th Citi presale for this show. Makes no sense.

Appreciate that - it's helpful to think of it as a chance to see shows from different angles. Without getting too personal or presumptuous, it seems you have the means to do this for several cities and I'd imagine that's true of a lot of people who see U2 (and travel to see U2). But it still seems remarkable to me that the casual fan, who appreciates their music but by no means would travel to see them, will spend upwards of $1,000 for two tickets and a night out on the town...

Yeah, it does mostly depend on means and opportunity no doubt.

I kind of make my entertainment budget all about U2 the years that they tour and pretty much skip everything else for the year to justify what I spend for their concerts. So it's also about priority for me.

Would I rather spend $50 a ticket to see 6 other acts for the year or see U2 once for $300. Well, for me, it's U2.

I also might fly to a city where I know someone so I can room and board for free while in town, or cash in some Skymile points for a cheap round trip ticket, etc.

So I'm not rich, it's all about priority, a bit of manuevering and cutting corners to make it happen I guess.

General sale at 10am was saying no pairs available for Uniondale,Newark and Washington .
They have hardly sold out ?

Can only pull up $330 Mezzanine tickets in Newark - no luck for other EST cities. It seems that Boston and MSG are still selling through Verified Fan.

Can only pull up $330 Mezzanine tickets in Newark - no luck for other EST cities. It seems that Boston and MSG are still selling through Verified Fan.

707 listings up on Stubhub for MSG .
Verified fans indeed.:angry:

Wanted to check on prices and how many tickets where still there, could not get passed this verified fan stuff. Just said unlock on everything. Trying to register for verified fan only gives me montreal 6/6 to sign up for. :crack::huh:

Yeah .. and i don't get why give people more hoops to jump through since it seems tickets still end up with scalpers...

Just checked general sale for Bridgestone Arena-Nashville. There seems to be very few Standard sale tickets. I have seen a few Citi preferred tickets but the majority are verified resale tickets.

707 is actually much less than it would normally be.

So it's having some effect there, even if it's generally been a clusterfuck.

Perhaps that's the goal - make it such a mess that the scalpers give up.

You'd think casual concert goers and fans gives up faster than the scalpers though.

Yes, for MSG there are still "locked" tickets for people with a Citi code. I thought it was supposed to be a free-for-all beginning this morning.

707 is actually much less than it would normally be.

So it's having some effect there, even if it's generally been a clusterfuck.

Perhaps that's the goal - make it such a mess that the scalpers give up.

1500 tickets ,thats alot considering that most of the tickets are over 300 bucks.

Those scumbag scalpers will never give up ,they will keep buying tickets .
Is there even a method to their mass buying ,they seem to be selling the 40 bucks seats for below face value in a good few venues.
Those scumbags seem to just buy up tickets so as to take them off the open market even if they wont make any money on them.

There seems to be a slight disconnect:

U2s goal: “we want to release some mainstream pop sounding songs to get on a radio a get 14 year old Johnny and Jenny to be fans.”

U2s expectation:”okay little Johnny and Jenny, fork over $500 each to come see us!!”

U2s goal: “we want to release some mainstream pop sounding songs to get on a radio a get 14 year old Johnny and Jenny to be fans.”

U2s expectation:”okay little Johnny and Jenny, fork over $500 each to come see us!!”

Good point.

General sale at 10am was saying no pairs available for Uniondale,Newark and Washington .
They have hardly sold out ?

All these venues are now showing loads of tickets available ,especially seats behind the stage.
Ticketmaster up to their usual tricks .

Bono's "...and by now you've all given us 500 pounds..." bit sounds a bit quaint now, doesn't it?

One person at one of their shows will spend much more money on their ticket than what it cost to get the band started.

Ticketmaster up to their usual tricks .

Um, yeah . . .

Don't be surprised if they flip the stage orientation a couple of days before the concert.

Happened at both the Phoenix and Chicago shows I attended for I&E.

Those behind the stage now, may have front row seats by concert time.

How else are they going to sell those "bad" seats?

Um, yeah . . .

Don't be surprised if they flip the stage orientation a couple of days before the concert.

Happened at both the Phoenix and Chicago shows I attended for I&E.

Those behind the stage now, may have front row seats by concert time.

How else are they going to sell those "bad" seats?

???

Are you sure you didn't misread your ticket locations? Seems this would have been a much bigger deal...

That's not how it works... The main stage is placed where it's placed for a reason.

That's good, I guess. I know of several people who will be interested in going but likely had no idea about the VF thing.

How hard is it for TM/LN/U2 to get their shit together and give accurate information before tickets go onsale? This shit isn't new, nor is it brain surgery.

Unreal.

So true. Tiring but true.

MSG is showing "sold out" now. Boston has been nearly so for the last day. Not sure why they are not putting up notice of a show 2 for these yet.

Back
Top Bottom