eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to recap we're all signing up for al tot of pre sales, but nobody really knows what's going on. It's confusing of course because we all assume they will add more dates... I guess not on same day like old days... they'll wait and do another round of verified fans?

Just subscribed! I’ll be at work on Tuesday when the presale starts. My wife works from home so I guess I’ll have her purchase the tickets. Do they text you the presale passcode?

If you just subscribed, I think your presale is Wed. You should be iNNOCENCE group. Only eXPERIENCE group is on Tues.

Does renewing my U2 subscription guarantee that I will get a code to try for tickets? Or do I still need to be "verified"?

In my experience trying to purchase Springsteen & Dead & Company tickets, the Verified Fan process is a scam. Never was "chosen" to haven an opportunity to buy tickets for either. Meanwhile, plenty of tickets on Stubhub and other secondary markets. I don't want to renew my U2 subscription if they can just say I am not "verified."

Thinking about getting tix for Chicago. What are the chances the extra shows they add on for cities are beforethe currently listed show, rather than after?

Does renewing my U2 subscription guarantee that I will get a code to try for tickets? Or do I still need to be "verified"?

In my experience trying to purchase Springsteen & Dead & Company tickets, the Verified Fan process is a scam. Never was "chosen" to haven an opportunity to buy tickets for either. Meanwhile, plenty of tickets on Stubhub and other secondary markets. I don't want to renew my U2 subscription if they can just say I am not "verified."

The answer is maybe- renewing and becoming a Verified Fan gets you a chance of a presale code- on the T&C's the wording it says there is no guarantee you'll get a code. Whether they do lottery or some other method I've no idea. This is one of those times I'm glad I live in Europe where such things like Verified Fan doesn't exist!

It's my understanding that the "lottery" for an access code only applies to the general sale on TM, not to the fan club pre-sale. (LV, Duluth GA, Philly and Montreal are all being sold through other outlets - not through TM - but I think the same policy applies)

If you just subscribed, I think your presale is Wed. You should be iNNOCENCE group. Only eXPERIENCE group is on Tues.

I was a fanclub member last year and during Vertigo tour. Membership lapsed between 360 and SOI but have been an active member since. When the new tour info was announced, I renewed immediately to extend membership to 1/2019.

Unfortunately, I'm still in INNOCENCE group. I assume the Innocence vs Experience cutoff is at least 2 years... or perhaps I should email u2.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like from the FAQs, you are not guaranteed to get a code. Not sure what an "opportunity" to enter a presale means - whether the opportunity is via lottery or a code.

Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale?
All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale.

When will I find out if I have access to the Subscriber Presale?
Plan to hear from us the evening before the start of the Presale. You’ll receive an email with more details about the Subscriber Presale and how to prep for your purchase.

Q - If I renew my U2.com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for presale tickets?
A -In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.

The "receive an opportunity" language is basically just cover their ass language. Meaning "you'll get the link to the presale but we are NOT guaranteeing you'll get tickets."

On another note (I asked this in a different thread before remembering about this one) - When they first announced the tour I completed the verified fan setup. (and it shows completed in my profile)

However when I logged into U2.com today, on the front page, I see where it says "Registration for the presale has ended" - am I correct in assuming the "registration" just means "completing your verified fan setup?"

Just want to make sure there wasn't an ADDITIONAL step to register after everything is linked and setup with TM's verified fan thing.

I am hating so much about this presale. I'm trying to get four tickets so our fan club code is pretty useless. I'm trying to buy the tickets even though my husband, who's phone number is attached to the TM account, is going to be out of the country and probably won't get the code. I'm trying to figure out how to have both of my kids finally see U2 with us -- only brought the older one on the JT tour.

So we have the U2 fan code, we have a Citi card for that presale. Any advice on how we can make this work besides drinking alot of wine and crossing our fingers?

You should consider GA. How old are the kids? On i+e, we brought our 13 and 15 year old sons (and saw several kids under 10!), and found the GA floor to be remarkably family-friendly, with room to move around, and fantastic views even if you're not six feet tall. No need to queue up for days, either.

Here's my plan this time around: Get two GAs in the fan club presale, then hope there are GAs available in the Citi presale or general sale. If all else fails, we had fantastic luck with day-of-show i+e GA drops on the Ticketmaster app. Basically got four GAs for each of the four Boston shows that way.

You should still cross your fingers, though. :)

Kids are a little too young for GA -- 8 and 5. The older one might have a good time down there though, especially considering how much easier it was to get a good spot in GA with the i+e tour. So the plan is to buy two GA or at least two tickets today and then go from there. We may have to be split up, which would kind of such but be OK. My husband loves GA way more than I do so we can be down there with our older one and I'll be in a seat with the younger one.

Hoo boy--that was quick. On the phone TM app, 10:02, 2 GA tix for Boston, mobile tix, can transfer if i want, went so fast , didn't even look to see if i could do hard tix, but not CC entry only

Got 2 GA for Newark. Shut out DC. Seems no GA floor there at all or none by 10:01am. In fact as I type this at 10:09am, seems no non-VIP package seats at all anywhere in arena for DC. Probably a TM issue

BTW - Newark tickets are hard tickets to be mailed so what's the point of this whole charade of TM verified.....stubhub will have huge inventory in minutes if not already

Last edited:
Got 2 GA for Newark. Shut out DC. Seems no GA floor there at all or none by 10:01am. In fact as I type this at 10:09am, seems no non-VIP package seats at all anywhere in arena for DC. Probably a TM issue

Yup, DC presale sucked. Got in right at the beginning, and could not get GA unless I selected redzone.

Hoo boy--that was quick. On the phone TM app, 10:02, 2 GA tix for Boston, mobile tix, can transfer if i want, went so fast , didn't even look to see if i could do hard tix, but not CC entry only

Yes, extremely quick and easy. I also got 2 GA for Boston via the TM website, chose US mail for an additional $4.50, so it looks like hard tickets this time around. :up:

Kids are a little too young for GA -- 8 and 5. The older one might have a good time down there though, especially considering how much easier it was to get a good spot in GA with the i+e tour. So the plan is to buy two GA or at least two tickets today and then go from there. We may have to be split up, which would kind of such but be OK. My husband loves GA way more than I do so we can be down there with our older one and I'll be in a seat with the younger one.

Sorry just seeing this.... Buy the GAs in the presale, as there is no guarantee there will be any available in general sale. MUCH easier to buy seated tickets in the general sale.

Was in for MSG as soon as they started sale and couldn't get any GAs on the app or browser. Boo. So much for that presale, but I've really never had GA luck once we stopped sending in the paper requests with a certified check for the presale.

Was in for MSG as soon as they started sale and couldn't get any GAs on the app or browser. Boo. So much for that presale, but I've really never had GA luck once we stopped sending in the paper requests with a certified check for the presale.

Keep trying, more may appear, you never know...

Sorry just seeing this.... Buy the GAs in the presale, as there is no guarantee there will be any available in general sale. MUCH easier to buy seated tickets in the general sale.

Yep, tried it and failed. I guess that's what I get for trying to buy GA for Madison Square Garden. Oh well. Got two tickets so we're in the building and will just leave the kids with the grandparents.

It was good advice! If only it worked. :sad:

Yup it's a joke. I wanted lower bowl on the side and have been refreshing the page for 17 minutes and it keeps offering me the same seats in upper level 211. It's such a joke. And I see tickets in the lower level on the side are all on stubhub now going for at least double face value.

Yes, extremely quick and easy. I also got 2 GA for Boston via the TM website, chose US mail for an additional $4.50, so it looks like hard tickets this time around. :up:

Same here.
Hard tix, good souvenirs. See you in GA.
Now we wait for additional shows to be announced,

Got in right at 10:00. Tried for GA, came up nothing available. Hit refresh multiple times with the same result. Tried red zone, nothing available. Refreshed multiple times and finally 2 popped up. I see a bunch of overtime in my future.

Same here.
Hard tix, good souvenirs. See you in GA.
Now we wait for additional shows to be announced,

We'd like to bring our kids again this tour, so hoping I can snag two more GAs in the Citi presale on Thursday - though I'm not optimistic...

We'd like to bring our kids again this tour, so hoping I can snag two more GAs in the Citi presale on Thursday - though I'm not optimistic...

How does this all work with ticket limits? Can I only buy two more tickets in the Citi presale for a total of four presale tickets? Or can I buy four tickets with the Citi presale even though I already have two in hand? If I use the code in the U2 fan club presale, will I even be able to get a Citi presale code? I think your plan is my next option but who the hell knows.

How does this all work with ticket limits? Can I only buy two more tickets in the Citi presale for a total of four presale tickets? Or can I buy four tickets with the Citi presale even though I already have two in hand? If I use the code in the U2 fan club presale, will I even be able to get a Citi presale code? I think your plan is my next option but who the hell knows.

From the MSG event page on TM:
Ticket Limits
There is a 2 ticket limit for the Fan Club Presales. There is a 4 ticket limit for the Citi Presales. There is a 4 ticket limit for the Verified Fan Onsales.​

Sounds like you could try for four in the Citi presale AND four in the general sale. Just my interpretation...

So chances of any GA tickets still being available for tomorrow's presale group is pretty much nonexistent, right?

There should be a separate allotment of GA set aside for tomorrow. (Say 500 GA today, 500 GA tomorrow, 200 for Citi presale and 800 for general sale or something like that).

But we won't know for sure till tomorrow.
And of course the city will factor in. NYC will be tough tomorrow for sure, but places like Nashville and St Louis should definitely have GA tomorrow.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

I see Ticketmaster is sending some venues’ tickets through AXS. I’m hoping for Vegas- do I have to create a AXS account? How does that work with the TM verified fan thing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom