eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this Eli? That makes a lot of sense if you're actually Eli Manning.

I hate stadiums so much. I enjoyed POP. I've enjoyed football games. But arena -- smaller the better -- is always so much better to me in every way.

Amen. 360 was the best stadium concert I've ever seen - but it didn't come close to i+e.

Is this Eli? That makes a lot of sense if you're actually Eli Manning.

I hate stadiums so much. I enjoyed POP. I've enjoyed football games. But arena -- smaller the better -- is always so much better to me in every way.
Let me rephrase...

The Innocence/Experience stage setup is amazing, and is the best GA experience going considering how low the cost is, how great the views are from all over the floor, and how stress free it is for everyone but those who can't enjoy themselves unless they get doused in Bono sweat.

But generally the onsale process is much less stressful for stadiums, and the sound differences at this point are negligible.

So yea I'd prefer a stadium gig over a normal arena gig, but the Innocence stage setup is tremendous.

Last edited:
Immediate sellout of NYC2 once it hits general onsale? Uh huh, sure. Plenty of "verified resale" tix available.

i still see starndard admission tickets for sale 82 bucks in 400 and others... just saying.

i still see starndard admission tickets for sale 82 bucks in 400 and others... just saying.

I feel like TM/LN is holding back GAs because they think fans will panic and buy a higher priced seat now, then they can release GAs for quick sale later. If they did the opposite, they'd be stuck with the higher priced seats close to the shows.

It really depends on the venues themselves and what kind of production the band presents.

Really, neither stadiums or arenas are ideal places for listening to music. The bigger the venue, the more it becomes the overall spectacle and experience which means a lot of factors barely or totally unrelated to the music come into play.

For me living in Southern California, I really can't stand seeing any kind of concert at either the Rose Bowl or Dodger Stadium, mostly due to the horrible logistics of simply getting in and out of the area and the dreadful acoustics. The 2009 360 Rose Bowl show just didn't connect with me no matter where I stood in the pit or further back on the field. On the other hand, the 2011 360 show I saw at Anaheim Stadium was pretty enjoyable because it's a much easier show to get in and out of and there's a lot better parking. Plus, it's a bit smaller stadium and seems to have better acoustics.

The best U2 shows I've seen have been mostly at the now-gone LA Sports Arena (War, UF, JT and ZooTV tours).

Let me rephrase...

The Innocence/Experience stage setup is amazing, and is the best GA experience going considering how low the cost is, how great the views are from all over the floor, and how stress free it is for everyone but those who can't enjoy themselves unless they get doused in Bono sweat.

But generally the onsale process is much less stressful for stadiums, and the sound differences at this point are negligible.

So yea I'd prefer a stadium gig over a normal arena gig, but the Innocence stage setup is tremendous.

That's fair. The last U2 show I saw was Joshua Tree at Gillette and it was the least fun I recall having at at U2 show. I could go into why -- but that just sounds like white guy whining.

It just reminded me how much fun I had on the I/E tour, Elevation, Vertigo -- all 3 of those were mindblowing and so enjoyable...

I never found getting tickets hard for any show really... this current one has been hardest, but I got them. Most of us got them.

And price wise it's the same really. The price points seem same. Obviously views are worse the bigger the venue, so that's a huge factor to me.

I recall us all being just as stressed out for stadium shows selling out in 10 minutes because they know there would only be 1 or 2 shows

Anyway, I'm just surprised at this opinion. But unlike 2017 -- I will actually be okay that we don't agree fully 100%. Remember those days?

Last edited:
I feel like TM/LN is holding back GAs because they think fans will panic and buy a higher priced seat now, then they can release GAs for quick sale later. If they did the opposite, they'd be stuck with the higher priced seats close to the shows.

That may have been the case for the first round of shows but at least for as big a market as LA, you can still get Red Zone and GAs for the 2nd show over 2 hours since the presale started.

As someone would got a GA seat at 8 night of show at MSG night 4 -- they for sure do this and release more depending on a lot of stuff. You're not wrong I bet.

One day I'd love to hear from the people that work at these places how it all works. Laws?

As someone would got a GA seat at 8 night of show at MSG night 4 -- they for sure do this and release more depending on a lot of stuff. You're not wrong I bet.

Agreed, I scored GAs to each of the four Boston i+e shows on the day of. It just seems like they're holding back more this time around, especially since there should have been fewer (verified) buyers until this afternoon's free-for-all. Hoping that's true, and we can get what we need in June.

One day I'd love to hear from the people that work at these places how it all works. Laws?

Paging Headache...

Agreed, I scored GAs to each of the four Boston i+e shows on the day of. It just seems like they're holding back more this time around, especially since there should have been fewer (verified) buyers until this afternoon's free-for-all. Hoping that's true, and we can get what we need in June.

Paging Headache...
You rang?

So generally speaking... No, they do not hold GA tickets, or any tickets, specifically to get people to buy other seats and then drop them later on.

That would be illegal.

When tickets go on sale, a certain amount of holds are put aside - band, promoter, management, arena staff, sponsors (of the tour, the promoter and the venue), fan club holds, contest holds, etc etc. There are also tickets that are bought through fraudulent means (stolen credit cards, etc) that are returned to the pool, but these are relatively small.

If any tickets are left in the pool come show time, they are given back to the box office/Ticketmaster (depending on how late they're kicked back) and released to the general public.

This is why sometimes drops are plentiful, and sometimes they're a trickle, non existent, or ABSOLUTELY last minute by stopping at the box office after the opener has already gone on and stumbling ass backwards into one.

Depending on the show, location, etc. half the seats in the arena could be spoken for before a single ticket goes on sale in the general.

Last edited:
Ticketmaster is acting crazy lately. Currently I can't even sign on using my desktop. It says my ticket cost 64 bucks on desktop this morning, on app it's cheaper at 59.

Last few times I tried to buy tickets -- I couldn't get on -- my friend could -- then eventually I could. this morning it wouldn't let me do anything on App -- erased my favorites I saved... told me it was all sold out on desktop.... 10 minutes into it using firefox instead of chrome, it worked...

It's been a shitshow with the website itself. It's acting weird. Somehow a shitty site got worse.

So generally speaking... No, they do not hold GA tickets, or any tickets, specifically to get people to buy other seats and then drop them later on.

That would be illegal.

When tickets go on sale, a certain amount of holds are put aside - band, promoter, management, arena staff, sponsors (of the tour, the promoter and the venue), fan club holds, contest holds, etc etc. There are also tickets that are bought through fraudulent means (stolen credit cards, etc) that are returned to the pool, but these are relatively small.

If any tickets are left in the pool come show time, they are given back to the box office/Ticketmaster (depending on how late they're kicked back) and released to the general public.

This is why sometimes drops are plentiful, and sometimes they're a trickle, non existent, or ABSOLUTELY last minute by stopping at the box office after the opener has already gone on and stumbling ass backwards into one.

Depending on the show, location, etc. half the seats in the arena could be spoken for before a single ticket goes on sale in the general.

This is what I thought happened but since there are so many presales -- got to be decided what is up for grabs before general sale.

That would be illegal.

What would be illegal about it though? Not saying it isn't, just curious. It seems like there have been more than a few buyers for the E&I tour presales that have snagged GA tickets well after the initial onsale time the last few weeks. Why is that?

I think it's absolutely rigging of demand, and many casual ticketmaster/AXS users panic and just buy whatever seats they can. The Stones pulled this garbage on their NA tour in 2015. Amazingly, almost nothing was available when the public onsale started, yet they were offering stupid expensive VIP floor seats for $600 or whatever. A few days later, those same tickets went back into the standard pricing pool at $300- something. Either Ticketmaster was jerking with demand and available inventory, or they were directed to.

The same thing is going on with this tour, but from how many are getting shut out you'd think the demand is 2x what it was for the I&E leg. Even though they're having trouble selling out 1-2 dates in the huge markets, it seems a much larger chunk of U2.com members got shut out. I'd highly encourage anyone who did to wait, there will be tickets out there, and if you're persistent they'll probably do the usual GA drops as the show nears.

I'd have more respect for how Ticketmaster/Livenation and the bands that are in bed with them do business, if they just admitted they don't give a bleep about the fans. Put every seat in the building on eBay and get it over with.

TM will always try to sell the expensive tickets and they always undersell GA tickets until exact stage dimensions are known- then GA tickets get released

. Equally they will try and sell tickets at full price and will reduce them if they don't sell- we got pit tickets for Taylor Swift's 1989 tour for 70 euros for Cologne

Look @ the 3Arena shows in 2015 there was GA drops every day on show day & tixs were selling for crazy crazy ££££££ on 2nd sites even this JT @ C.Park there was drops the Friday night before & the Sat morn on show day.
Even when The Boss & ESB played Croke they made a big thing of selling 160,000 tixs in 1 day then in the wks leading too the shows you could get every section for both nights

What would be illegal about it though? Not saying it isn't, just curious. It seems like there have been more than a few buyers for the E&I tour presales that have snagged GA tickets well after the initial onsale time the last few weeks. Why is that?

I think it's absolutely rigging of demand, and many casual ticketmaster/AXS users panic and just buy whatever seats they can. The Stones pulled this garbage on their NA tour in 2015. Amazingly, almost nothing was available when the public onsale started, yet they were offering stupid expensive VIP floor seats for $600 or whatever. A few days later, those same tickets went back into the standard pricing pool at $300- something. Either Ticketmaster was jerking with demand and available inventory, or they were directed to.

The same thing is going on with this tour, but from how many are getting shut out you'd think the demand is 2x what it was for the I&E leg. Even though they're having trouble selling out 1-2 dates in the huge markets, it seems a much larger chunk of U2.com members got shut out. I'd highly encourage anyone who did to wait, there will be tickets out there, and if you're persistent they'll probably do the usual GA drops as the show nears.

I'd have more respect for how Ticketmaster/Livenation and the bands that are in bed with them do business, if they just admitted they don't give a bleep about the fans. Put every seat in the building on eBay and get it over with.
If it were found that Ticketmaster was purposefully holding back cheaper seats in order to drive people to the expensive seats, without notifying the customer of such, they'd leave themselves open to a nice class action lawsuit.

Building holds
Band holds
Marketing holds
Promoter holds
Sponsor holds
Season ticket holder holds
Fan club holds
Logistical holds (sightlines/stage size/etc)

These are what make up the "ticket dumps"

They happen at random, and sometimes not at all. This is why there's no rhyme or reason as to when tickets drop or how many tickets are in each drop.

Tickets won't go on sale until after summer? What, not for over half a year?

Unless Adam has got confused and means the Southern summer.

My guess is he was jet legged and probably wanted to say they'd have gigs after summer.
There are rumours about them playing in SPA and ITA in September, so it would make more sense.

He also mentioned they worked with Ryan Tedder for the first time, although they had worked together for the SOI, so clearly he was a bit "confused".

Its already been officialy said the dates are too be released between 1stJan / 31st March for EU so im sure they be in EU Aug/Sep/Oct time same as 2015

If it were found that Ticketmaster was purposefully holding back cheaper seats in order to drive people to the expensive seats, without notifying the customer of such, they'd leave themselves open to a nice class action lawsuit.

And lord knows Ticketmaster doesn't want another class action suit and have to give out $2.25 vouchers that eat into their $52.35 service fee on a $325 U2 ticket.

image.thumb.png.3e9b20928cc33082b02297f8fac10a16.png

Back
Top Bottom