Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't like having the next round of presales at the same time instead of broken up. Red Hill same time as the bundle presale? Garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
I got a GA for Philly by about 10:10, having started at 10 on the dot. One friend got 2 GAs at 10:40, and another got 2 around 11, which is just amazing to me (this friend ended up getting 6 disparate tickets altogether).

Last edited:
Chicago,new jersy,boston, toronto and Philadelphia all showing sold out on u2.com how are the other shows selling?

I don't like having the next round of presales at the same time instead of broken up. Red Hill same time as the bundle presale? Garbage.

Europe pre sales are still split into different days,is this not the same in the states?

Chicago,new jersy,boston, toronto and Philadelphia all showing sold out on u2.com how are the other shows selling?

The other shows have been selling great. Had a quick glance and the weakest seller seems to be Pittsburgh, but other than that much better than what I expected.

Man, that's incredible. Surely there should still be some GA drops up to the sold out show's date.

Yeah, Soldier Field looks nearly completely sold out. Only perhaps a few hundred seats scattered about left.

EDIT: Oh, that's with resale on. Turned off, there's maybe under 50 tickets left, except for the far right seats where a good amount remain.

Last edited:
Man, that's incredible. Surely there should still be some GA drops up to the sold out show's date.

Yeah, Soldier Field looks nearly completely sold out. Only perhaps a few hundred seats scattered about left.

Count on periodic drops between now and the show, especially on the day of the show. I bought four GAs for EACH Boston i+e show day of... all through the TM app.

Don't believe that the current availability on the TM map means all the gray seats have been sold - only that they're not available right now. Many have been sold, sure - but many are also being withheld for a variety of reasons.

Good luck to everyone who is trying for tickets today. :up:

The 'I Am Not A Robot' thing is an absolute pain in the arse! :doh:

Count on periodic drops between now and the show, especially on the day of the show. I bought four GAs for EACH Boston i+e show day of... all through the TM app.

Don't believe that the current availability on the TM map means all the gray seats have been sold - only that they're not available right now. Many have been sold, sure - but many are also being withheld for a variety of reasons.

THIS. If only all the casual fans new the shell game that is ticket buying, scalpers wouldn't do nearly as well. There will be plenty of drops.

With the lack of announcement for Foxboro, do we think a show will still get added or are we left with one?

From the initial announcement, I always assumed we would get only one Foxboro show. The second 360 show was a slow sell, and that had the "biggest U2 show ever" hype attached to it. I know others have posted to expect a second show on Jun26, but so far, there's been no indication on TM or Facebook (U2's Events). I sure would love to be proven wrong, though...

From the initial announcement, I always assumed we would get only one Foxboro show. The second 360 show was a slow sell, and that had the "biggest U2 show ever" hype attached to it. I know others have posted to expect a second show on Jun26, but so far, there's been no indication on TM or Facebook (U2's Events). I sure would love to be proven wrong, though...

I could've sworn that on the leaked dates there were two dates listed for Foxboro, but as the hours go by today without an announcement my hope is fading.

Wow. This is bullshit. Hope that is a typo on TM's end. Why am I paying money and renewing every year to compete for presale tickets with folks that didn't?

THIS better get fixed. ?

Wow, looks like heavy demand across the board in North America. I'm surprised they even picked to play Cleveland and now that is pretty much filled up or soldout after just a couple of hours. The word must of really spread quickly about this. If they wanted to expand this tour to many other areas, it looks like they could.

What if they did this for an entire year and then we don't get Songs Of Experience until the end of 2018, with the innocence and experience tour resuming sometime in 2019.

I could've sworn that on the leaked dates there were two dates listed for Foxboro, but as the hours go by today without an announcement my hope is fading.

With the 1st date being Sunday, I don't think they'll do a Monday. The Saturday before would be a rest date after TOR.

I have to say, after TO did not get any extra shows after ie, just the two, versus the 4 for vertigo, i figured that this would not be as big a draw. i was wrong but perhaps that is because montreal did not have a show. wonder when they will confirm all the extra NA shows.

Impressive work for the PNW to pretty much sellout two stadiums inside of an hour. I knew there was going to be a demand in this corner, but until you actually see it unfold, you never really know.

32 shows total for #U2JT30? :ohmy: I guess these are special shows.

I'm miffed the U.S. doesn't get a collector's ticket option. QR codes look like crap in my stub book.

Hopefully this is true. Can't see it being Joshua Tree though.

That time frame seems pretty logical if they do this JT tour, and then drop the album September.

JT30 is all stadiums. I/E is - and remains - arenas only.

Will be interesting if these 2017 shows hurt the eventual continuation of I/E in terms of demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom