This is NOT what we wanted - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #76
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanPeter View Post
Worlds biggest tv screen in Seattle and not a single frame of real time colour video was seen by the crowd. Mumford or U2.

90% of the GA floor have no sightline at all for the b-stage.

Corbijn is an acquired taste and IMO only has an artistic success rate 40% of the time. All of JT visuals were basically handed over to him.

I think you've reversed your numbers, I would say about 40% of GA has a limited view of the bstage, but once again, not exactly new to stadium shows.

Corbijn about 90%, makes sense he had the visuals

I'll have to watch again regarding no live color footage.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

This is NOT what we wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
Nosebleeds and $300 seats alike get no video close-ups. GA gets limited sightlines. Red Zone gets a camera crane in the way.

Guy Oseary gets a boat.
What do you mean by close ups?

Once again though, not unique to this tour.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #78
War Child

Local Time: 07:02 PM
CloseUps is the name of Oseary's boat. So much doubt BVS.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #79
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miryclayu2 View Post
CloseUps is the name of Oseary's boat. So much doubt BVS.

Well I saw plenty of closeups, but not from Oseary's boat. But I wasn't sure if he was wanting I-can-see-your-fillings closeups, or if he was saying those seats couldn't see the closeups?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #80
War Child

It's a boat BVS. Everybody knows that. Your boat should be called 'are you sure that's a boat'?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:02 PM
I laughed watching Beautiful Day from GA on Sunday - when their heads are on the screen, I had no idea all 4 were actually there. From the seats on the side, Larry was in the "fold" and was completely invisible. Heh.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #82
Refugee

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well I saw plenty of closeups, but not from Oseary's boat. But I wasn't sure if he was wanting I-can-see-your-fillings closeups, or if he was saying those seats couldn't see the closeups?

Oh, I'm just saying things to make a joke. But apparently not much in the way of live (color) video according to U2FanPeter.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
Oh, I'm just saying things to make a joke. But apparently not much in the way of live (color) video according to U2FanPeter.

Oh, whoops
Old 05-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #84
Acrobat

of all the things to not like about the show, the video screens were not on my list. For the most part I thought they were stunning. I was in GA, towards center of the floor to the right (facing stage) of the B Stage.

I agree sight lines were poor of the B Stage. Also some head scratching moments for some of the songs (e.g. RHMT very odd choice; TTYW girl in bikini was a bit cringe worthy as it went on way too long; BD was a mishmash and just terrible...)

there were others but I don't want to be too negative, as they show also had a few brilliant moments.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miryclayu2 View Post
It's a boat BVS. Everybody knows that. Your boat should be called 'are you sure that's a boat'?

Why not the U.S.S. Persecution?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #86
War Child

That was taken.

U2 should do a 'What time is it in the world?' segment for this tour and just have a direct line to BVS forum questioning.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

So I gave most of it a watch again, and there is very little color live footage but yes it exists. I wonder if it was an aesthetic decision based on the JT era or how they superimposed the live footage on the other.

Oh, and you half a dozen screensavers comment is even more laughable now.

So which footage did you think he shot the day before the show?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #88
The Fly

Local Time: 11:02 PM
I think the setlist and the flow of the show works. Having SBS as the opener gets the crowd going, and the energy up. Bono has those opening notes to warm his voice up. Where I think it gets a bit sticky is the transition from Pride into Streets.

I credit Tim from atu2 for coming up with a genius idea that i'm surprised they haven't done. MLK into Streets, it goes perfectly.

The majority seem to be a little disappointed with the encore and so far lack of rotation. Beautiful Day sounds incredibly fresh and recharged (not that it needed it) and proves to be a real highlight of the show. But Miss Sarajevo is a real mood killer and with Bono not singing the Italian parts it's not the best moment. I like them ending on a new song, and the new song is great so it's a balsy move.

If I could say anything it would be to vary up the encore, they still might do this as the tour progresses but after they play MOTD, they have so much freedom and a massive pallet of great songs to choose from for the encore.

I hope they play Zoo Station at least once as an encore opener or show closer, they could potentially thow in some Zooropa, plenty of Achtung and some Pop...... Yes Pop!.... although i'll have to pinch myself if they do!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #89
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post
I think the setlist and the flow of the show works. Having SBS as the opener gets the crowd going, and the energy up. Bono has those opening notes to warm his voice up. Where I think it gets a bit sticky is the transition from Pride into Streets.

I credit Tim from atu2 for coming up with a genius idea that i'm surprised they haven't done. MLK into Streets, it goes perfectly.

The majority seem to be a little disappointed with the encore and so far lack of rotation. Beautiful Day sounds incredibly fresh and recharged (not that it needed it) and proves to be a real highlight of the show. But Miss Sarajevo is a real mood killer and with Bono not singing the Italian parts it's not the best moment. I like them ending on a new song, and the new song is great so it's a balsy move.
MLK>Streets is not exactly genius, this is what they did at the Super Bowl show. But I agree it would be awesome (or do Bad>40>Streets as on the Boston DVD)

were you at either show? BD was a dud. The sound was off and it was just flat. I haven't watched the video so maybe it translates differently.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #90
The Fly

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
MLK>Streets is not exactly genius, this is what they did at the Super Bowl show. But I agree it would be awesome (or do Bad>40>Streets as on the Boston DVD)

were you at either show? BD was a dud. The sound was off and it was just flat. I haven't watched the video so maybe it translates differently.

I tuned in to both shows live and have checked out the YouTube videos multiple times. they sound fantastic, the crowd really don't seem to dig it much anymore though which is a big shame. I can guarantee constant hands in the air and jumping from my end!