**POSSIBLE SPOILERS** The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Rehearsal Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Ms. Sarajevo is now listed on atu2. That's something I never thought would make it onto this tour.

Just a thought, but I could easily see someone mistaking Running to Stand Still for Miss Sarajevo if it was piano only. Especially if (as someone mentioned earlier) the audio isn't that loud.

I suppose a pop up balloon opera singer could sing then explode and then spew confetti on the fans.

uhhhhhhhhhhh before we all freak out can someone confirm this isn't an old song? The audio isn't good but nothing comes to mind.

this video came from a tweet at u2gigs.

Also, there's video of Red Hill and SBS

Last edited:
So we've had the most interesting dinner music tonight. Sitting down to dinner and we opened the windows and the volume level from BC Place rose just in time. This is so cool. U2 is playing live while we eat dinner :applaud:

uhhhhhhhhhhh before we all freak out can someone confirm this isn't an old song? The audio isn't good but nothing comes to mind.

For a second I thought maybe it was Homecoming, but it's not. Then I thought maybe Mercy, but nah don't think it's that either.

I really can't place it. Might just be new. Anyone else?

For a second I thought maybe it was Homecoming, but it's not. Then I thought maybe Mercy, but nah don't think it's that either.

I really can't place it. Might just be new. Anyone else?

The closest thing to me would be Mercy, yeah, but I don't think that's it. It sounds like there is maybe some ethereal synth stuff happening on top of everything? Really don't know, but I like it.

Would be so pleased to see them playing something new on this tour.

If it's not new...

Bares some possible structural similarities to Exit, if played tuned down half step.

This assumes my guitar is in standard tuning right now, it might not be. Haven't played it in a week. This goes D# down to C# then G# (Edge's harmonics might be G# there) to F#.

Not saying super close, but similar especially if a re-imagined part of the song. In other words, this might be some kind of reworked outro to Exit. Think: a different kind of section rather than the Gloria section. Hell, might even be a snippet of something else they're working on tagging Exit with.

Or it's just new altogether.

Last edited:

That is very interesting.

atu2 has updated their page, listing "unknown song"

if true, kudos to the band for considering something new on what I fully expected to be a "play it safe" tour

I can't recognize it. But I may have been triggered by reading about MS Sarajevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom