New Presale Procedure Coming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh hell no they'd better not use the same deal as Depeche Mode where fans basically had to buy their way up the priority list, Taylor Swift's is similar.

To date these god awful schemes have been US only.

And what about those of us who spend 24/7 on mobile phones??

The only reason for keeping u2.com membership is presale codes- if that goes, then so does my membership

That sounds terrible. Would U2 make their fans jump through all those hoops just to get first chance at tickets? I can't imagine them approving of this, but you never know. It's ridiculous. I think if this happened I would just forego the presale and take my chances with the public sale.

I haven't done presale in a long time.

I've had pretty good luck getting onto ticketmaster with the rest of the general public. And good experiences with ticket drops too.

Fork! I've just become a member for the first time to get the presale code. Dont like this at akl![emoji21]

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I just looked and it won't let me put my full mobile number in :-(

It took my full number now

Last edited:
I've done the Verified Fan thing twice before and, like Headache said, a lot of it might just come down to demand. For one show, it worked just like a regular pre-sale and I didn't have to buy anything else. Same for the other show, except I did pre-order an mp3 version of the album for $10 to take part in a pre-sale group that went in a day earlier.

Depending on how it worked, if it didn't cause too many hoops to be jumped through, it wouldn't be a huge deal for me. Especially if their Verified Fan thing did actually work and take out some of the scalpers who go for these tickets regularly. Guess we'll see...

It sounds to me like a money/advertising grab by promotors, couched in "hey were helping the fans by trying to stop scalpers" clothing. Arent we already paying for codes via the fanclub membership but this will possibly require further purchases to buy our way into a presale?

This will not be "Rock hottest ticket" in 2018.

Nobody will have any problem getting a ticket....at least for the North american shows.

It sounds to me like a money/advertising grab by promotors, couched in "hey were helping the fans by trying to stop scalpers" clothing. Arent we already paying for codes via the fanclub membership but this will possibly require further purchases to buy our way into a presale?

Well, they're certainly finding ways to do that otherwise too... the early entry GA tickets, for instance.

I don't quite get this presale mania thing.

I've never participated in a U2 presale. Ever. And yet I've attended every show I've wanted to and never had a problem getting tickets. Granted, I don't care about GA, but even if I didn't I'd never jump through these kind of hoops to see any band.

Buying tickets to any sort of major event is pretty much the worst now. And it seems every attempt to stop scalpers in fact just puts more barriers in front of fans while scalpers continue to get the tickets they desire. This verified fan nonsense that requires you to buy extra copies of the album is a particular slap in the face to less wealthy fans. Don't have much disposable income? Fuck you, you don't deserve a ticket.

This verified fan nonsense that requires you to buy extra copies of the album is a particular slap in the face to less wealthy fans. Don't have much disposable income? Fuck you, you don't deserve a ticket.

Actually, it's a slap in the face whether you're wealthy or not. You shouldn't have to buy multiple copies of an album simply to buy a concert ticket. It's not about whether you have the extra cash laying around. I'm doing fine, but I'd never participate in something like this simply because it's just so infuriatingly insulting. Especially given that you're apparently not guaranteed anything. I buy every U2 record simply because, well habit, but the day I have to buy an extra copy of an album I don't like anyway to see U2 perform is the day I stop seeing U2 perform. And good riddance.

Though you're right, for those who can't afford it, it just adds injury to insult.

It's just another symptom of growing wealth disparity. There are fewer and fewer people who can afford stuff like this, but those that can are ready to pay a premium for it...and the artists and promoters are happy to let them.

Last edited:
Actually, it's a slap in the face whether you're wealthy or not. You shouldn't have to buy multiple copies of an album simply to buy a concert ticket. It's not about whether you have the extra cash laying around. I'm doing fine, but I'd never participate in something like this simply because it's just so infuriatingly insulting. Especially given that you're apparently not guaranteed anything. I buy every U2 record simply because, well habit, but the day I have to buy an extra copy of an album I don't like anyway to see U2 perform is the day I stop seeing U2 perform. And good riddance.

Though you're right, for those who can't afford it, it just adds injury to insult.

It's just another symptom of growing wealth disparity. There are fewer and fewer people who can afford stuff like this, but those that can are ready to pay a premium for it...and the artists and promoters are happy to let them.

I pretty much agree with this.

The point, I guess, is if you're some diehard fan making a million dollarydoos per year off your bank balance's interest alone, buying fifty copies of the album means nothing to you. Even if it feels like an insult, so what, it's a drop in the ocean. If you're NYDfan83 who first saw U2 at the Wellington Town Hall in 1984 and has spent the last 35 years working as a mechanic or whatever, this is just like saying "hey you've followed us for decades but your desire to see us live doesn't count for shit if you can't buy copies of the album you demonstrably don't need just to help us get up the charts".

The point, I guess, is if you're some diehard fan making a million dollarydoos per year off your bank balance's interest alone, buying fifty copies of the album means nothing to you.

Well of course the irony is the people you're describing don't have to worry or even think about pre-sales and jumping through hoops at all. If they want to see an artist (or be seen seeing that artist) they're willing and able to pay whatever price for a ticket.

*paying a scalper to buy fifty copies of the album means nothing to you

Happy now, Nick? :wink:

This will not be "Rock hottest ticket" in 2018.

Nobody will have any problem getting a ticket....at least for the North american shows.

The demand for the I&E Tour clearly wasn't as high as in the past, but obviously the JT Tour was huge in both ticket scales and devotion (crazy long lineups for GA).

But what you're implying is wrong simply because every decently priced ticket on I&E went into the hands of scalpers immediately. Even if demand is light, the scalpers will be scooping up those $40 nosebleed tickets (or whatever they are before fees) completely. Likewise, places where demand was super high actually saw basically ALL of the seated tickets end up with scalpers instantly.

So, getting tickets to a U2 show has actually been very shitty lately for anybody who isn't a fan club member. Tickets (including GA) were usually quite easy to get for US shows on both the Vertigo and 360 Tours, but the industry has changed like crazy with all the scalping bots.

New album will automatically resonate with the general public more than the last for what it's worth. You're The Best Thing About Me is the biggest hit they've had since at least Get On Your Boots and it will probably end up being their most recognized single since the Bomb-era. So that's at least one tune the casuals will give a shit about which is more than zero from the previous LP.

New album will automatically resonate with the general public more than the last for what it's worth. You're The Best Thing About Me is the biggest hit they've had since at least Get On Your Boots and it will probably end up being their most recognized single since the Bomb-era. So that's at least one tune the casuals will give a shit about which is more than zero from the previous LP.

Ordinary Love cracked the Hot 100, peaking at 84.

Back
Top Bottom