Vancouver #1 setlist party (part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In all honesty it seemed to me the best spot in GA would be the corner where the catwalk meets the e stage. the band spent a lot of time on the e stage and for much of the show not a lot was happening on the main stage. The catwalk was used constantly by all members including Larry.

This basically tells you everything, pretty self explanatory. anything not labeled square is off the main stage.

10171136_10204072719162038_3140497387611923127_n.jpg

Hmm. Bit contradictory that. If you go by that paper the majority of the stuff seems to be happening on the main stage and runway with about 7 songs on the round stage. But I guess when they say runway, it could mean them hanging around on the runway closer to the second stage.

So it was a bit messy bit what U2 opener isn't.

I'm not as much disappointed with what they played as much as what they didn't play.

Reach Me Now
Crystal Ballroom
Volcano(yes, I like the song, deal with it)

I thought the song selection was solid.

Older tunes were cool
Streets
W/W you
Still Haven't Found
EBTTRT
IWF
Out of Control
Pride
UTEOTW

I think Sunday Bloody Sunday was awful. It's a fist pounding song that was castrated into mediocrity.

The Miracle as the opener is weak because you need to pump up the crowd and that isn't going to do it (Reach me now!!!)

Stage looks killer.

Bono on top of the stage was cool.
Edge trying to go underneath the stage was interesting (too soon?)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The Miracle as the opener is weak because you need to pump up the crowd and that isn't going to do it (Reach me now!!!)

Reach would be a kick ass opener. Especially as it's supposed to be about them seeing The Clash and that whole punk rock concert experience. :rockon:

Adam's bass lines in Reach + new sound system? We could have something more epic than the vibrations of DYFL. :shifty:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Now that you mention it, the last piano note of RBW could easily lead into the opening piano riff of NYD. NYD starts a fifth down, so Edge could easily play the last note of RBW as an open chord with the fifth down and then continue along with Adam with the opening riff to NYD.

:

What do you think you like know all about pianos and stuff?

:wink:

I don't think so, and it's a disappointment because I find the last section to be powerful lyrically.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They did actually!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8COIbemBPk

they only played the original version in the pre war tour in 1982 and stopped doing it during the war tour for some reason..maybe too difficult to song for bono

Back
Top Bottom