*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel Gallagher on the upcoming U2 tour...

Your friends in U2 will have three stages for their upcoming tour, including ones that light up as "I" and "E" for "Innocence" and "Experience." Would you ever do something similar?
[Long pause] God bless that band because they do take that side of it very seriously. I've been privy to discussions about what they were going to do. Part of me thinks, "Oh, thank God I don't have to worry about that 'cause I really don't give a fuck about that side of it." Get me up there, plug me in. That's my shit. But because they are the biggest band in the world and they care about their shows and all that kind of thing, they have to keep outdoing themselves, and it's great for us as fans because you're getting to see something different every night.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-and-same-sex-marriage-20150505#ixzz3ZLhapCSR
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hated? Both Gallagher brothers have been pretty big U2 fans for years, they even opened for U2 during Popmart and Bono made out with Liam (right? or was it Noel?) in public around that time. :wink: I'd say that's something you wouldn't do with someone you hate.

Then again it's kinda Noel's thing to shit on everything, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's shat on U2 in the past few years..

He's made some negative comments, but on the whole he loves them

And it was Liam Bono 'made out with'. Apparently he was 'trying to get a guitar pick out of his mouth'

Wasn't it mainly Liam who always made the negative comments? Noel has always seemed to come across very pro U2, but I have defo seen negative comments from Liam

Wasn't it mainly Liam who always made the negative comments? Noel has always seemed to come across very pro U2, but I have defo seen negative comments from Liam

They both call a spade a spade. If they do t like it, they will say it, but expect them not to take it personally. It's pretty refreshing actually. Liam is a big fan of 'Seconds' funnily enough

Noel is a massive u2 fan,always has been. He is one of us! Noel is even mentioned in the SOI notes.

If Noel Gallagher can be considered a huge fan then I'm simply too depressed to go to the tour anymore

Noel is a rail bitch and a line nazi infact he is camping out right now, proper fan, and I bet he had REDZONE to some other shows

Noel can be a shit but sometimes he's funny, albeit crass. Liam is an absolute goddamn nightmare.

The 8 days video is up - and features edge doing the mysterious ways solo (not the slide solo) shuffle a-la popmart Mexico City

The 8 days video is up - and features edge doing the mysterious ways solo (not the slide solo) shuffle a-la popmart Mexico City

Where about I can only find the day 9 lightbulb pic?

I still feel cedarwood Road would be a terrible song to open with. I just find it incredibly boring. Cedarwood Road would grab people but then struggle to hold them.

UGH. I keep trying to like it and when the topic of it opening shows comes up I go ahead and listen to see what I'm missing that others are hearing and NOPE. I can't picture a worse opening song actually.

I agree there are clearly better songs, but it has a nice long music intro for Bono to make his grand entrance. Does have a pretty cool guitar sound once it gets going, and it could ease Bono's voice into the show.

Maybe its already Thursday in Australia so those viewing the site down under are on 8 while the rest of us are stuck at 9? Is the site that efficient? It certainly wasn't designed by Willie Williams.

California maybe could've been a decent hit. Although today while driving and listening to the ALBUM version of Every Breaking wave I thought to myself "Why the fuck wasn't this the lead single?" The band are so out of touch when it comes to choosing their lead singles, whch is ironic for a band that so desperately wants to be played on radio. Here's an idea, pick a song that's unabashedly U2 yet modern, is catchy, with good lyrics and release that as a lead single. Ummm....... Magnificent and Every Breaking Wave maybe? Nope Get on Your Boots and The Miracle(Of Joey Ramone) :doh:

Exactly

Noel is a big fan, he praised U2 when they were inducted into Hall of Fame with words: "They are the best band in the world. Every time you think this was their best record they come up with a better one."

Keep in mind it was after Pop, ATYCLB and Bomb :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom