*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, having a go at some sort of playlist based on rehearsals. Order seems a bit random, which is kind of deliberate because I think they will throw in some surprises and strange combos:

Set 1 - Innocence:
1. Invisible
2. EBTTRT
3. Desire
4. California
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song for Someone
8. Iris
9. Electric Co
10. Out of Control
11. The Miracle
12. Raised By Wolves

Set 2 - Mix-up
13. Volcano
14. Bullet the Blue Sky
15. One Step Closer
16. Where the Streets Have No Name
17. One
18. Beautiful Day
19. Elevation
20. City of Blinding Lights
21. Vertigo
22. Miracle Drug
23. Sunday Bloody Sunday
24. The Playboy Mansion
25. With or Without You

Encore:
26. Every Breaking Wave
27. Ordinary Love
28. The Troubles

So, having a go at some sort of playlist based on rehearsals. Order seems a bit random, which is kind of deliberate because I think they will throw in some surprises and strange combos:

Set 1 - Innocence:
1. Invisible
2. EBTTRT
3. Desire
4. California
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song for Someone
8. Iris
9. Electric Co
10. Out of Control
11. The Miracle
12. Raised By Wolves

Set 2 - Mix-up
13. Volcano
14. Bullet the Blue Sky
15. One Step Closer
16. Where the Streets Have No Name
17. One
18. Beautiful Day
19. Elevation
20. City of Blinding Lights
21. Miracle Drug
22. Pride
23. The Playboy Mansion
24. With or Without You

Encore:
25. Every Breaking Wave
26. Ordinary Love
27. The Troubles

Not bad but I will guarantee Vertigo is a staple.

I reckon we'll get 10-12 songs (mainly new), then a break, then 4 songs with orchestra, then 10 or so more upbeat celebratory songs/warhorses, and a quiet encore

Looks like they've done 35 songs and the number grows with each visit. I forgot to specifically mention Vertigo.

Song For Someone/Sunday Bloody are both recordings from Thursday. SBS was re-uploaded. Bono's sung 4 days in a row and by Thursday his gas tank was getting a bit low. Monday/Tuesday he sounded really good with "wide Awake" in full voice rather than the Thursday "run-thru" youtube version heard of "BAD" that has distortion.

Seems 2-3 band members were spotted very discreetly leaving the Saturday OneRepublic show at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. O-R front man Teddy was the producer on Iris/Ramone/SFS/Wave. I think Edge skipped off to LA for a 3 day weekend, because if the band were rehearsing in Dublin/Vancouver then he may not have seen his family for a bit. Except for Bono socializing a tiny bit at restaurants, the band members themselves have been keeping a surprisingly low profile while in town.

U2 Fathers Sons AC Dublin 1999 Photo by obiwandoodle | Photobucket
Is it wrong that I'd want to see some side by sides of u2 in 2015 from the NYT photo shoot compared to Corbijn pictures of their dads from 1999?

I personally expect a maximum of 24 songs per show; 11 in the first set, 12 or 13 in the second set. According to the article in the NY times I expect the first set to be some kind of Innocence set with new material and some oldies. I expect the second set to have the acoustic string set, a relatively fixed encore and a varying section of songs, likely to be 5 or 6 songs that are different on multiple nights.

So no sign of "Gone" so far?

For the most part, I am excited to hear that much/most of SoE have been rehearsed.

Shit, I got in just in time there. Totally different version of Sunday Bloody Sunday (as U2FP has indicated in the past) with an extended drum intro and a When Johnny Comes Marching Home snippet for those of you who missed it.

The last time they snippeted that song tens of thousands of people all fell asleep.

We'll be getting a minimum of 28 songs per night, and I've heard through the grapevine that there's a selection of songs they've rehearsed but won't do in the venue as they know people have been listening and wanna keep some surprises.

We'll be getting a minimum of 28 songs per night, and I've heard through the grapevine that there's a selection of songs they've rehearsed but won't do in the venue as they know people have been listening and wanna keep some surprises.

Yeah, too good to be true.

I sure hope so, because I'm not very excited about the crop of songs we've seen so far.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, too good to be true.

Which part? certainly not the show length, if you're a band that's taking an intermission, you'd better be playing a show long enough that warrants it. Last tour they did 24 songs a night, doing the same amount but still taking 20 minutes off in the middle of show makes no sense. These shows are gonna be longer than we're expecting.

Me? I am just excited to be seeing my favorite band playing their new songs. Whatever we get, I am happy to being seeing them again more than 30 years after the first time I saw them.

Which part? certainly not the show length, if you're a band that's taking an intermission, you'd better be playing a show long enough that warrants it. Last tour they did 24 songs a night, doing the same amount but still taking 20 minutes off in the middle of show makes no sense. These shows are gonna be longer than we're expecting.

Both, but mostly the second part. I don't want to be a pessimist, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I want to hear all the new songs live. Even the ones that I'm not a big fan of at the moment. I want to see what they've done to them now after all these months and I want to see how they fit in with the older material. Everything else is gravy.
If I get to hear Bad again, then the gravy is pretty good. :D

28 per night? Too much. 22-24 is enough. We want quality, not quantity :)
Since when did the rest of the people on this forum agree on that? :coocoo:

22-24 songs is the norm for U2 shows, but there's been 25-26 song setlists before. Can't rule that out completely.

Since when did the rest of the people on this forum agree on that? :coocoo:

22-24 songs is the norm for U2 shows, but there's been 25-26 song setlists before. Can't rule that out completely.

We all agree with U2's personal therapist, haven't you received the memo?

The album version is probably my least favorite of the album, but that sounds like it might be killer live.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom