*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono's in Vancouver. Picture taken yesterday.

CC9_XBaVAAEt9f_.jpg

rather go blind
https://twitter.com/U2start/status/589830808720039936

There's also this tweet:
Megan_Violet
@Megan_Violet
Night of celebrity spotting... @U2 or @ least Bono @chambar tonight #vancouver
https://twitter.com/Megan_Violet/status/589662034674876416

I found this on atu2

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203900224691946&set=gm.762202930543707&type=1&theater

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

Then another known poster later posted this comment -
In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!

I don't believe for ONE second that they'll have a setlist without ONE. Also no Fly, no UTEOTW, no Mysterious Ways, no EBTTRT.... seems too much of depature from Achtung Baby hits to Achtung Baby deep cuts. Also I think theyd' bring back WGRYWH before they bring back both TTTYAATW and So Cruel at the same time.

And no BEAUTIFUL DAY? Yeah right!! That song will never be taken out of the set.

Surrender/Seconds would be cool but I don't see that happening.

I'd love to hear Two Hearts Beat As One though.
I definitely could see them closing the shows with Every Breaking Wave with the way they performed it on the promotional tour but I can't see So Cruel being in the final encore like that.

I don't believe that's the setlist at all. It's probably more of a working list of songs they are thinking about. They've said it's the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE tour and the plan is to give two different expereinces from night one to night two so.... we'll see. They've been known to exagerate things so in all liklihood the two nights will be almost identical save for a few songs here and there.

There's no way that's setlist though. Too many deep cuts, too many hits left out.

25 songs, 6 or 7 seem like total long-shots, the rest are quite plausible, if not locks.

Raise your hand if you said "The Electric Co" is a lock for opening night in 2005 after warming the bench for nearly 20 years.

Could One and BD get booted this time out, sure could, anything is possible... see 2005.

I think there's a 90% chance this list is fake, a 9% chance that someone at the arena decided to fuck with a fan, and a 1% chance that there's some truth to it.

I have never agreed with you more.

Also, anyone notice that the "list" is 25 songs? U2 does 22-23 a night. (Axver, some input would be awesome here, you're one of the experts in the setlist field.) The band has REPEATEDLY said the tour is "pairs" of shows. So where the hell is the 2nd night setlist? More than likely this is either a very rough draft of songs that can be slipped into slots alongside guaranteed players (BD, One, MW, etc) with classics like Streets and WoWY on it to help visualize what would work in a certain slot (Bad/The First Time prior to Streets, for example). Or its a fake that is circulating and stirring up a bunch of hits for a site and "fame" for someone who as usual, refuses to name their source. We went through this before SoI was released, remember? And in the end, SoI was NOTHING like the fanbase expected, in terms of release or promotion.

We're still a month out from the opener. A million more of these "setlists" are bound to circulate. Buckle up, enjoy the ride, and use some common sense when reading and/or posting. Thanks and enjoy your evening!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Also, anyone notice that the "list" is 25 songs? U2 does 22-23 a night. (Axver, some input would be awesome here, you're one of the experts in the setlist field.)

Yeah, 25 songs only happens at exceptional shows - it's not common. Arena sets have also tended to be slightly shorter than stadium ones, usually coming in at around 20-22 songs rather than 22-24.

Two other things that stick out to me: it's uncommon (though not unheard of) for the snippets to be written in to the set; and it's handwritten. U2 setlists are always typed, since they need to print off a whole bunch of copies for all the crew members and techs as well as the band, and that would be just as true for a rehearsal.

The fact we even debate this shit is pathetic. Set list, working list, so dumb. Whatever happened to the days of just going to a show not knowing what a band is going to play. Since these f'er's have so many songs that really is how it should be.

Not to reference the age old Pearl Jam debate, but Jesus I am certain all of us here will know exactly what they are going to play opening night as they will have rehearsed, leaked, or otherwise given away the list for the first five nights.

Just wish there was more spontaneity - I mean, if that was the list I actually would not be that upset as there are at least some songs on there I have never heard like the Crystal Ballroom.

For fuck's sake, I would almost prefer to see them walk out and play a night of covers versus another greatest hits tour.

I am getting too old and cranky for this.

Until I see a photo of a piece of stage set I am bored.

Could One and BD get booted this time out, sure could, anything is possible... see 2005.

I'd say there is a 0.001% chance they take Beautiful Day out of the list and even less of a chance that both Beautiful Day and One are out. There's no way. Those are two of their top 3 hits the last 25 years. Those songs are going nowhere. If by some freakish twilight zone occurance they do ditch one of these songs I'd lean more towards One being the odd song out. There's no way they get rid of arguably their biggest hit(Beautiful Day) of this century. A song responsible for an entire generation of "new" U2 fans. We can saying "anything is possible" all we want it's not gonna happen.

The fact we even debate this shit is pathetic. Set list, working list, so dumb. Whatever happened to the days of just going to a show not knowing what a band is going to play. Since these f'er's have so many songs that really is how it should be.
Then drop out of the forum, stop posting and reading and go live your life. This is an internet forum. The sole purpose of this place is to debate, speculate and discuss. If you don't like it leave. I never understood people who say conversation is pointless.

Yeah, 25 songs only happens at exceptional shows - it's not common. Arena sets have also tended to be slightly shorter than stadium ones, usually coming in at around 20-22 songs rather than 22-24.
I doubt they'll play less than 22 songs this time around. 24 was the norm for a good chunk of shows on the last tour, why not keep it that way?

Take this with a grain of salt, but a tweet of a possible setlist ...

https://twitter.com/dghickey/status/589572893673041920

This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Invisible
California
Volcano
Surrender/Seconds (snip)
NYD
TTTYAATW/AoH
Gone
Magnificent
Vertigo

---acoustic---
A Man and A Woman
Song for someone/love will tear us apart (snip)
Acrobat
Stay - full band
----

Raised by Wolves
Bad/troubles (snip)
The first time
WTSHNN

encore
crystal ballroom
joey ramone
bullet
two hearts beat
wowy

encore 2
so cruel
every breaking wave

Yeah, let your fantasies run wild :lol:

Not a bad setlist, but someone's making stuff up here (again). I very much doubt there's a real set list one month before the tour starts. IF ANYTHING, it's a rehearsal setlist. We all know things can change in no time with U2.

I found this on atu2

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203900224691946&set=gm.762202930543707&type=1&theater

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

Then another known poster later posted this comment -
In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!

Keep trying.

It has Acrobat on it.

I'll believe it when I hear it with my own ears. I think I speak for most of us when I say that ANY setlist with Acrobat on it is automatically fake until proven otherwise.

Then drop out of the forum, stop posting and reading and go live your life. This is an internet forum. The sole purpose of this place is to debate, speculate and discuss. If you don't like it leave. I never understood people who say conversation is pointless.

Isn't debating the debate still conversation?

He's saying he wishes the band would be more spontaneous. Why is that such an issue for you?

To be fair hallucination quoted the chunk of post specifically saying discussing this is pathetic, not the part about spontaneity which in itself was a valid point.

I know you can't really have the computer-synced visual spectacular and a different set list every night, but it's true they should try and shake it up pretty regularly. the curveballs they through in on 360 could be the start of something if we're lucky.

I'm not so deluded I think they'll play a set at any point that's heavy on the rarities but I do wish they'd have the guts to drop Pride/One for a night if the set list works without them. Greatest hits plus a few new ones isn't good enough for a band like U2 it just sells them short if anything.

Also that "leaked" set list is weird, surely they screwed up by actually writing in the snippets? :wink:

Even though I do have my doubts about this I did run into this

That's not relevant at all. It was rehearsed before the third leg of ZooTV, and that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Was there any rumors before 360 that your blue room, zooropa, love rescue me being played on that tour?

Well, yes, there were some quite oddball songs rehearsed in the weeks before 360 began in 2009, including Drowning Man and IGWSHA, neither of which made it to the stage, or TTTYAATW before the 2010 European leg. Basically every "curveball" we had at least one soundcheck report before it happened.

That's not relevant at all. It was rehearsed before the third leg of ZooTV, and that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Well, yes, there were some quite oddball songs rehearsed in the weeks before 360 began in 2009, including Drowning Man and IGWSHA, neither of which made it to the stage, or TTTYAATW before the 2010 European leg. Basically every "curveball" we had at least one soundcheck report before it happened.

Don't forget that Edge claimed they were rehearsing Luminous Times.

I wonder what people would be saying in here if on the opening night, they play 22 songs all from their 4 albums post 2000 and nothing before 2000. That would be unique, interesting, and a bit daring. Certainly not the stuff of a "Heritage Act" which the Edge claims the band does not want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom