LA Roxy Club Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I certainly would follow the tour if I had the money, but I don't. Three MSG shows are an expense that I really should not have made from an economic standpoint. But there is no experience, NONE, that tops the euphoric feeling I get when I'm at a U2 show. It's the highest high I can imagine, when you become aware that the band is approaching the stage and you are screaming as loudly as you can, so pumped, so excited...those are the moments that make life sweet and make all the bad times and the boring times worth it.

Yep. Chicago is a bank-breaker, but hey, U2 tours are only once every 4 years or so. If we sit at home and utilize free entertainment for the rest of the summer (heck, probably the rest of the YEAR), who cares??? U2 is worth it, and to see my son's face when he sees how drastically different an arena tour is in terms of sound and closeness? Priceless. Utterly. Priceless.

CGJLpsIUYAEnz3k.jpg

via KROQ twitter

I went to 30 shows (15 indoor, 15 outdoor) during the Vertigo tour. I had the time, money and inclination to go, so I did. US, UK, Australia, Hawai'i. It was fun and I got to see a lot of great places, but honestly, about 20 shows would have been enough.

Oh awesome! I was listening to this song today! I wonder what else might get thrown up! Perhaps another SOI song not on the nightly setlists?! Is lykke li still in L.A for a duet?!

Thinking any and all bets are off as far as setlist goes.

I will :pray: for my nightly MW fix but understand it may not be the 'club' feel they're going for. All I ask is that when they do Streets, there is NO speech and it is the original album lyrics.

Thinking any and all bets are off as far as setlist goes.

I will :pray: for my nightly MW fix but understand it may not be the 'club' feel they're going for. All I ask is that when they do Streets, there is NO speech and it is the original album lyrics.

They didn't do streets at Irving Plaza, no guarantees in the club venues...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've got Lila texting me from outside the venue, asking if the show has started yet. This is so weird. :lol:

The only reason I was gonna go down to the Roxy was because I suspect it's likely the only chance I'd ever have to meet the band, lol, is that bad?

The only reason I was gonna go down to the Roxy was because I suspect it's likely the only chance I'd ever have to meet the band, lol, is that bad?

That's not bad at all! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

It's not bad at all - not in the same category at all as the people who stake out their motels

That's why I choose seats over GA for my shows. :lol: No insane 24 hr waits. Just a 4-5hr one if you want a barricade spot in hopes of meeting the band.

Didnt even ATTEMPT anything in Pittsburgh on Vertigo, was heavily pregnant and the weather that day sucked.

360 Tampa got to see band arrivals, no m&g due to schedule. 360 E Lansing they were brought in through some weird underground thing or something. Hit paydirt at long last in Pittsburgh on 360. Met B&E, Ad and Lar both waved to crowd before going in.

Am hoping that I can introduce my son to Bono in Chicago. (He went to MI but not Pitt. Oops.) That 9yr old of mine has NOT let his daddy or I forget that he didnt' get to go! :lol::lol:

Re: the chances of Streets, U2 don't normally play Joshua Tree songs outside of full tour shows. Other albums get much better rep. On album promo tours, SOI's tour was the first to feature anything from JT at all - and that was just at U2 Minus 1 and busking in the subway with Fallon.

Back
Top Bottom