LA #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are songs I don't like very much that you love. I get it. I'm just saying funny how some songs get a pass and it seems set lists followers on these party boards all seem to agree... even people that I thought were 100% U2 is always right are unhappy tonight.

2 premieres back to back and people are unhappy.

I've heard I Will Follow same or more than Stuck in my U2 concert life since Pop...

But, I mean, be honest....do you think Stuck is a better song, or a more enjoyable song than I Will Follow? If you do, I cannot question that, sure...but if you don't, then I'm not sure what your point is.

but see COBL gets played almost every night and I never get sick of it. this even goes for Vertigo (hate studio, love live) and Beautiful Day.

Stuck and Elevation should just go away, for a long time.

cool. he brought up a little guy

kid, if the old guy asks your age, don't say "jacob"

oh great, we're bringing the song down so bono can have a Q&A session...

poor kid has no idea what he's doing up there

bring back amp

Pretty much. ATYCLB needs a nap. Bring out some Pop and watch the entire fandom lose its shit.

Exactly! the fans are staving for some POP material yet the band completely ignores that album. Obviously they know the fans want songs from that album and like holy shit, the stage designs the last two tours have begged for songs from that album especially Discotheque. Sadly I fear even if the band did give us some material from POP it would be IGWSHA. Ugh would that ever be lame haha

oh great, we're bringing the song down so bono can have a Q&A session...

My kid would just start singing along to the damn song. I shit you not. He is already making dream setlists. He's a rock star at the age of 9. :lol:

Edit: I can not WAIT to show him off to everyone in Chicago; he wants to meet everyone that Mommy hangs out with every night. :lol:

But, I mean, be honest....do you think Stuck is a better song, or a more enjoyable song than I Will Follow? If you do, I cannot question that, sure...but if you don't, then I'm not sure what your point is.

No, IWF is one of the best. I just really enjoy Stuck... Letterman is also my favorite performance... I haven't got tired of hearing it like I have other songs that I'm sure others love.

My point is I think Stuck is one of their great songs, so them playing it a lot makes sense to me.

No, IWF is one of the best. I just really enjoy Stuck... Letterman is also my favorite performance... I have no got tired of hearing it like I have other songs that I'm sure others love.

My point is I think Stuck is one of their great songs, so them playing it a lot makes sense to me.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of the song at all so I'm letting my bias impact my overall take. I'm glad they rotated two songs in, I just personally wish they were two other songs.....but, point taken.

There are songs I don't like very much that you love. I get it. I'm just saying funny how some songs get a pass and it seems set lists followers on these party boards all seem to agree... even people that I thought were 100% U2 is always right are unhappy tonight.

2 premieres back to back and people are unhappy.

Premieres are good if the songs arent absolute wank.

Exactly! the fans are staving for some POP material yet the band completely ignores that album. Obviously they know the fans want songs from that album and like holy shit, the stage designs the last two tours have begged for songs from that album especially Discotheque. Sadly I fear even if the band did give us some material from POP it would be IGWSHA. Ugh would that ever be lame haha

I would accept IGWSHA, Playboy Mansion, or Wake Up Dead Man

and we get none of them. just four lines of Mofo, sung like once or twice.

Elevation and stuck are two of the most defining post 2000 songs the band have written. That is an insult of the very highest order.

I would accept IGWSHA, Playboy Mansion, or Wake Up Dead Man

and we get none of them. just four lines of Mofo, sung like once or twice.

I'd accept them too but ina way it would be like a middle finger to fans who have wanted Discotheque, Mofo, Gone, Last Night on Earth, Do You Feel Loved, Please or even electric Staring at the Sun. To bring back POP songs and only give us the slow ones would be lame.

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 30, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Give It Away (snippet)
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name

I wanted Do You Feel Loved until I listened to their butchery of it during early PopMart.

Please, Gone, MOFO and Discotheque need to come back full band but Edge probably wouldn't like the arrangements and put them away again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't drink. But I pee a lot. And I run to the bathroom probably during YOUR favorite song. Whatever is it. I want to hear more POP too.

Are we still good with Joshua Tree songs? I really figured Vertigo would take more of a hit.

I learned to tonight that Clayton'sKitten has claws.

One gets is exciting and gets the crowd fired up. The other has people running for a beer break or piss break. There's a reason why people don't complain about I Will Follow and they do about Stuck.

i complain about i will follow. i wish i could adequately put it into words without getting tarred and feathered.

Elevation and stuck are two of the most defining post 2000 songs the band have written. That is an insult of the very highest order.

both songs would be near the bottom of the barrel for their post 2000s stuff. Elevation is literally the same song as Vertigo and Boots, and Vertigo is the best one. Stuck is just boring and not particularly great at all. it's like a bad version of Stay.

I don't drink. But I pee a lot. And I run to the bathroom probably during YOUR favorite song. Whatever is it. I want to hear more POP too.

Are we still good with Joshua Tree songs? I really figured Vertigo would take more of a hit.

I learned to tonight that Clayton'sKitten has claws.

Why do you pee so much?

both songs would be near the bottom of the barrel for their post 2000s stuff. Elevation is literally the same song as Vertigo and Boots, and Vertigo is the best one. Stuck is just boring and not particularly great at all. it's like a bad version of Stay.

Thats my point.

Back
Top Bottom