What 90s songs are you hoping will show up on the I+E tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What 90s songs are you hoping will show up on the I+E tour?

• Discotheque

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Do You Feel Loved?

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Mofo

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Staring at the Sun

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Last Night on Earth

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Gone

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Please

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Lemon

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Numb

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close)

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Dirty Day

• Zoo Station

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

• So Cruel

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • The Fly

• Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Love is Blindness

• Your Blue Room

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Miss Sarajevo

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Babyface

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Another Pop track

• Another Zooropa track

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
LADY. WITH. THE. SPlNNING. HEAD.

Imagine if we both got our wish Salome and Lady with Spinning Head on the e-stage after MW.

Odds

8000/1

PS (That's also the part of the show that would most please ISIS. You bellydance, we cut off your head. It will be spinning on the ground)

Songs that would fit thematically:

Lemon
Mofo
Please

Songs that need to be played because duh:

Acrobat
Dirty Day

Pretty much any additional 90s song would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Always Forever Now

This would be amazing.

:bono: If you GOOOOOOOooooOOoOOoOOOoooooooh fuck SOI, I'm sick of supporting this boring album.

:adam: We're sorry to have forced it on you!

:bono: Time to play some real music. Creative music.

:larry: Wait...

:edge: Passengers?

:bono: Passengers.

:larry: No...NOOO

In general I feel The Fly, Until the End of the World and One are the only 90s tracks that they could always include in a show.
This tour does seem to offer one of the only opportunities to find a spot for Please though. So maybe they could rotate that one in.

Please and Love is Blindness should be in the Troubles mini-set.

Mofo and Lemon (although I cringe at the thought of Bono singing it today) should be played with Iris.

But I wouldn't mind seeing any of those songs listed.

I was a little surprised at the lack of 90's (well, Pop) songs turning up for this tour - the band (or at least Bono) have mentioned as far back as the 360 tour wanting to play some Pop tunes on this tour, and given they're playing arenas, where there's a smaller audience that's more likely to have more hardcore fans and fewer casual fans than a stadium tour, surely this is the time to do it.

But now I wonder if they're holding off on playing Pop songs until the european leg?

I may be wrong, but didn't the Pop songs go down better in Europe and South America compared with the US?

Could just be that they ultimately decided not to do them at all, but i do wonder if they're holding off because they don't think north american audiences will really enjoy them.

Speaking of Pop I think Discotheque has the biggest chance of getting played and could replace either EBTTRT or Mysterious Ways on some nights. Staring At The Sun may pop up once or twice on the e-stage.

Btw I wonder what they wanted to do with Numb if it really was considered.

Acrobat opening the second part of the set would be surreal. Mash together some Zoo Tv graphics on the screen and put them inside of it :drool:

LADY. WITH. THE. SPlNNING. HEAD.

I always thought it could be magical as the encore opener on 360 (maybe due to similarities with Ultraviolet, but not only)

I think climbing inside the new screen could be very Zoo TV. It seems perfectly made for Zoo Station. :)

But I'd rather see Acrobat, lemon, Dirty Day, So Cruel, Daddy's Gonna Pay, Mofo, Do You Feel Loved, Last night on Earth.....

I was a little surprised at the lack of 90's (well, Pop) songs turning up for this tour - the band (or at least Bono) have mentioned as far back as the 360 tour wanting to play some Pop tunes on this tour, and given they're playing arenas, where there's a smaller audience that's more likely to have more hardcore fans and fewer casual fans than a stadium tour, surely this is the time to do it.

But now I wonder if they're holding off on playing Pop songs until the european leg?

I may be wrong, but didn't the Pop songs go down better in Europe and South America compared with the US?

Could just be that they ultimately decided not to do them at all, but i do wonder if they're holding off because they don't think north american audiences will really enjoy them.
I've heard Pop was huge in South-America.

No seriously, I'd like to think the chances of them playing a Pop song is higher in Europe or S-A. But it's probably just wishful thinking. On the Vertigo tour they were rehearsing songs from Pop during the North-American leg.

Mofo in place of Invisible on long residencies. Thematically a perfect segway.

- Wild Horses on the E-stage would be cool.

- Of course Acrobat, the Alpha White Whale

Considering how prominent the Jack White cover was in The Great Gatsby, maybe Love Is Blindness will come back? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :drool:

I saw Ultraviolet on 360. Now I need to see Wild Horses. MSG please make it so.

Pop, Pop, and more Pop tracks please. Staring at the Sun full band will likely never happen, despite its lyrical unity with Cedarwood Road. Gone and Please both speak to the gritty urban 1970s setting, and Mofo the mother-death, obvs.... Has anyone else thought that given Dallas' recent comments about SoE being darker than SoI we might the band sonically revisiting Pop-era rage and despair? And really, do we even need to click the Acrobat button anymore?

I don't think they'll revisit an album that they consider a commercial and artistic failure.

Except for Mofo and Lemon I don't think their 90s songs fit the theme of this tour. Maybe once Experience comes out they'll play more 90s songs.

No, we'll probably get more ATYCLB/BOMB songs once Experience comes out.

Back
Top Bottom