U2 is at the atU2 party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shannon, I really cannot express how happy I am for you, your friends, and every person there. Even the shitheads that make the line more of a joke every single time (I am not naming names because I am not actually sure who was or was not there from said group, but I have to assume they were there since they were certainly not manning the line. :wink: Though I pity the fool(s) that drew that shift while their friends were partying)

What a great night for all of us, even those of us that we're not there!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

wonderful! the stories are just getting better and better - how is anyone going to top that? just adorable :heart:

So I got to the cutting room later than I wanted because a meeting at work ran late. Band was already soundchecking, and I started to set up my laptop next to the stage. I'm their Willie Williams, so to speak. The cutting room is on a wireless system for their video, which normally has worked great... but during sound check it was going in and out. I told their a/v guy that maybe the WiFi needs to be reset, and he told me everything was fine it'll hook up once you leave it on for a while.

Anyhoo... Show starts, and not even half way through the first song and the video goes out. I'm going nuts trying to fix it, waving to the a/v guy who's on the balcony, texting with our own sound guy who's also there and failing to get the screen to work... all the whole Amp is texting me calling me an asshole for fucking up the screen. Good times, good times.

As the third song, I Will Follow, starts... Gabe, Mr GVox for the uninitiated, taps me on the shoulder and says "you're going to want to talk to this person" and points to a woman next to him.

She comes to me and says "hi, I work for U2, and Dallas Schoo is coming to the show tonight and wants to play Streets with the band. Do you think that would be okay with them?"

I tell her "I can't speak for the band, but I WILL speak for the band, and yes... that would be absolutely OK. Just let me tell them.". She says great and steps away.

I'm waiting in the side of the stage for the song to end, and I get tapped again on the shoulder. It's the same woman. She says " Dallas is here now, can you play Streets next? "

At this point I walk onto the stage and over to George, the drummer, and try to tell him. He can barely hear me and pretty much thinks I'm telling him something is wrong with my shoes.

I then get Mick's attention (guitar) and tell he leans in to me while playing so that he can hear me. He lights up and says absolutely.

I go back to side stage and Dallas is walking over. I shake his hand and start talking to him. He shows me the specs for the guitar for Streets. I tell him yes, not knowing what the fuck he was actually asking for cause I don't know shit about guitars.

The song ends and I walk back on stage to tell Tony, who looks over and sees Dallas. I walk back over to side stage as Tony is announcing a special guest, and announces Dallas. The crowd goes nuts and Dallas walks onstage. I start talking to Craig (bass) as Dallas takes Mick's guitar. As we're talking I hear the crowd go to another fucking level... Absolutely ape shit. I have no idea why. I turn around and Adam Clayton is walking past me. I then look out on the stage and see that The Edge is already on stage hugging Mick.

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

They so Streets,I'm hugging it out with Craig for the entire song, between trying to video the moment. Completely forgot about the broken sceen.

Song ends and they take pictures with UF in front of the crowd. Crowd starts chanting the loudest "one more song" I've ever heard.

Edge turns to Tony and says "Out of Control?". Of course he says yes... even though they already played it two songs earlier before Edge and Adam walked in.

Edge grabs Mick's explorer because that's what Edge uses for the song, but Mick had it tuned differently. So Adam's bass was out of tune. Craig and I switch out the bass to the right one and they go off into Out Of Control. And during the bridge of Out Of Control, Tony can say " on the bass, Adam Clayton..." and "...THIS IS THE EDGE!"... and it actually fucking was.

Adam and Edge left after Out Of Control, and UF played Electric Co. Then they had to stop the first set because it was too fucking emotional. Had to go downstairs to the green room and take it all in. And yes, during the break the guy reset the fucking WiFi so that the screens would work again.

I am still overwhelmed by the entire thing. Unfuckingreal.

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the story!

Only marginally related, but since this was posted in the equivalent thread over at atU2...

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438268304.531661.jpg

I wonder which community of insufferable wankers he is talking about?

So I got to the cutting room later than I wanted because a meeting at work ran late. Band was already soundchecking, and I started to set up my laptop next to the stage. I'm their Willie Williams, so to speak. The cutting room is on a wireless system for their video, which normally has worked great... but during sound check it was going in and out. I told their a/v guy that maybe the WiFi needs to be reset, and he told me everything was fine it'll hook up once you leave it on for a while.

Anyhoo... Show starts, and not even half way through the first song and the video goes out. I'm going nuts trying to fix it, waving to the a/v guy who's on the balcony, texting with our own sound guy who's also there and failing to get the screen to work... all the whole Amp is texting me calling me an asshole for fucking up the screen. Good times, good times.

As the third song, I Will Follow, starts... Gabe, Mr GVox for the uninitiated, taps me on the shoulder and says "you're going to want to talk to this person" and points to a woman next to him.

She comes to me and says "hi, I work for U2, and Dallas Schoo is coming to the show tonight and wants to play Streets with the band. Do you think that would be okay with them?"

I tell her "I can't speak for the band, but I WILL speak for the band, and yes... that would be absolutely OK. Just let me tell them.". She says great and steps away.

I'm waiting in the side of the stage for the song to end, and I get tapped again on the shoulder. It's the same woman. She says " Dallas is here now, can you play Streets next? "

At this point I walk onto the stage and over to George, the drummer, and try to tell him. He can barely hear me and pretty much thinks I'm telling him something is wrong with my shoes.

I then get Mick's attention (guitar) and tell he leans in to me while playing so that he can hear me. He lights up and says absolutely.

I go back to side stage and Dallas is walking over. I shake his hand and start talking to him. He shows me the specs for the guitar for Streets. I tell him yes, not knowing what the fuck he was actually asking for cause I don't know shit about guitars.

The song ends and I walk back on stage to tell Tony, who looks over and sees Dallas. I walk back over to side stage as Tony is announcing a special guest, and announces Dallas. The crowd goes nuts and Dallas walks onstage. I start talking to Craig (bass) as Dallas takes Mick's guitar. As we're talking I hear the crowd go to another fucking level... Absolutely ape shit. I have no idea why. I turn around and Adam Clayton is walking past me. I then look out on the stage and see that The Edge is already on stage hugging Mick.

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

They so Streets,I'm hugging it out with Craig for the entire song, between trying to video the moment. Completely forgot about the broken sceen.

Song ends and they take pictures with UF in front of the crowd. Crowd starts chanting the loudest "one more song" I've ever heard.

Edge turns to Tony and says "Out of Control?". Of course he says yes... even though they already played it two songs earlier before Edge and Adam walked in.

Edge grabs Mick's explorer because that's what Edge uses for the song, but Mick had it tuned differently. So Adam's bass was out of tune. Craig and I switch out the bass to the right one and they go off into Out Of Control. And during the bridge of Out Of Control, Tony can say " on the bass, Adam Clayton..." and "...THIS IS THE EDGE!"... and it actually fucking was.

Adam and Edge left after Out Of Control, and UF played Electric Co. Then they had to stop the first set because it was too fucking emotional. Had to go downstairs to the green room and take it all in. And yes, during the break the guy reset the fucking WiFi so that the screens would work again.

Just amazing!

This was SO AWESOME. Had a chance to meet the guys from UF in Cleveland at the fan conference and they are super good dudes, and an amazing tribute band too. I was so happy for Mick, because we are obviously both Edge 'fangirls'. :sexywink: :D

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

holy shit that is absolutely amazing behind comprehension!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

I have watching the videos over and over since last night!

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

:applaud: O. M. G!!! I got the chills just reading your story! Congratulations! What an amazing night/experience! It's stories like this that make me love the band even more! Thank you for sharing!

Great story headache! Thanks for sharing, so happy for you and your band and atu2 and all the fans at the party!

Last edited:
Cool story Headache! That's just terrific.

Only marginally related, but since this was posted in the equivalent thread over at atU2...

View attachment 10377

I wonder which community of insufferable wankers he is talking about?

There was another post over there that describes this "blue" place as an insufferable one as well. Do a few bad apples turn a place into a cavern of awfulness for someone or something? Seems like to me there's plenty of good people on both sites to go around... :huh:

Last edited:
Great story Headache, it must have been almost too much to take! Thanks for sharing this story!

:shrug: I like atU2s main page better. But forum wise, I have never been interested in posting there and certainly never at Zootopia :no:

I think the tone here seems to be a little bit more lighthearted and smart-assy than other places. I certainly have no beef with any other sites. As far as that particular post, it made me laugh cause while I do not remember exactly what transpired I remember the collective groans that would happen every time he posted and I guess I didn't even realize he was still banned.

I think the tone here seems to be a little bit more lighthearted and smart-assy than other places.e

That's why I like it here, too. For all its faults, I feel like it's easier to joke around and stuff. I still get the atu2 emails, but a lot of their content just strikes the "takes it all too seriously" tone for me. Not my thing, but respect for the passion and work they put into it.

That's why I like it here, too. For all its faults, I feel like it's easier to joke around and stuff. I still get the atu2 emails, but a lot of their content just strikes the "takes it all too seriously" tone for me. Not my thing, but respect for the passion and work they put into it.

Agreed. And here you can say shit and fuck, just like the band does.

The is unforgettably cool.

Sorta love the juxtiposition with what happeend with Gabe's band...Acrobat took over U2's stage, and now U2 returns the favor with UF and crashes their party. What an incredible tour this is turning out to be.

U2 should really think about compiling some of the fan footage, along with some of the other things like this that have happened on this tour and include it in the DVD as a kind of montage.

Congrats to Headache, UF, and everyone who was lucky enough to be there!

Yeah very well said. :up: Hope it only gets better from here

Congrats to you man. Great story you can tell your grandkids someday, nobody will ever take that memory away from you. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom