Start times (London)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balfron

Acrobat
Hi all,

I'm seeing U2 in the London 02 arena on Sunday. Do we have any idea what the start time will be? The ticket says 6pm, but I don't want to turn up 3 hours early. On the other hand London transport doesn't go too late on a Sunday (midnight or so) and the venue is quite far East.

Any ideas?

Start time seems a bit out of whack with the finish time unless the band are spending the week off turning into Springsteen.

I'd guess an 8pm start on the Sunday and 8.30pm on the other nights but don't shoot me if you miss the start! I'll be aiming to get there for about 7pm on the 29th.

Hi going on the 29th. Went to Turin. They came on @ 8.15 & finished around 10.35. Other people I know at other shows have been pretty similar. They have never come on as early as 8 & never finished after 10.45.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hi going on the 29th. Went to Turin. They came on @ 8.15 & finished around 10.35. Other people I know at other shows have been pretty similar. They have never come on as early as 8 & never finished after 10.45.

Of course they finished after 10.45… at least in 4 Barcelona shows. They started between 21.00-21.30...

They won't break the curfew at the O2 which is usually 11pm, but can be earlier on a Sunday. They were on at 8.30 in Amsterdam and Stockholm, biut started later in barcelona due to later curfew

I would expect 8.15 to 8.30 in london

I'd guess an 8pm start on the Sunday and 8.30pm on the other nights but don't shoot me if you miss the start! I'll be aiming to get there for about 7pm on the 29th.

Me too, but mainly cos I have a seat that night. 30th I'm in GA, so I'll be a fair bit earlier maybe depending on how full it looks by 7

Hi Look. Had friends who have seen them 7 countries all the shows started before 8.30 or before. If Barca shows started later then apologies for the wrong info.....& by the way a much better start time. The later the better !.

Hi Look. Had friends who have seen them 7 countries all the shows started before 8.30 or before. If Barca shows started later then apologies for the wrong info.....& by the way a much better start time. The later the better !.

Don't have to apologise ;-) Actually for me earlier is better beacause if you wait many hours in the line for GA and when you enter into the venue you want to start the show as soon as possible. I don't like early starts at stadiums beacause usually it's not dark but indoor - why not

In London for sure it'll start earlier beacause of strict curfew.

Show runs about 2.5 hours so work back from the curfew. I'd expect 7.40ish (leaving a bit of room with the curfew just in case Bono starts waffling!) on the Sunday and 8.10ish on the other nights. The O2 doesn't enforce a strict curfew, the band / artist can play on past without the plug being pulled as would happen at places like Hyde Park or Hammersmith. That said, I would be very surprise if U2 ran past the scheduled end.

Other shows I went to... Amsterdam 3 & 4 started around 8:20, Stockholm 1 & 2 were a bit later around 8:35. Barcelona 1, 2 & 4 were around 9:20 - though that is normal as shows in Spain always seem to start a bit later (published time in Barcelona was 9pm).

Had an email and in it ,it says that nobody is permitted to queue overnight, queuing can start at 9am on the morning of the gig

I`m not intending to queue this time, due to a dodgy knee. I won`t even get to London till around 3pm on Sunday, then got to get from St Pancras to hotel in docklands area, then back to 02. Think will see what position can get by going for show start time, then maybe bit earlier for the Monday show.

Not long now....:hyper: but not as excited as previous years :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom