*Spoilers* Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver goes on as planned.
But San Jose could possibly get postponed.
There is room in u2's tour schedule between Denver and Montreal.
And there are no shows at the SAP center June 6th through June 11th.

Time will tell.

For the 2nd half of the show Bono is wearing a simple black/dark blazer with leather/matte lapels and subtle silver trim. Not seen in any preview video.

FINALLY we get the important parts. :hyper:

Kidding aside, I was curious about the stage outfits though. Thanks for including that in the updates. :D

Also people lining up already? What the frick is wrong with people...

:( Poor Larry, even though you can 'expect' things after a certain age, it's never easy to lose a family member. if they'd postpone it would be completely understandable, but seeing as they didn't postpone Slane either they might want to play this show as well..

I'm pretty sure Volcano will be played, they've already performed it live and it's the biggest rocker on the album. Maybe they haven't figured out how to play it well enough yet.
My guess is they'll add more songs from SOI as the tour goes on and/or vary the SOI songs, especially if they play more than 2 dates per city. Of course I HOPE for the whole album to be played live, but I'm pleasantly surprised that they have been rehearsing The Troubles. Somehow I had a feeling the song wouldn't make the cut.

:lol:

Makes me wonder though, what drives people to waste 3 complete days of their lives for absolutely nothing? Just wanting to be the first?
I get lining up on the day of the show to be in front, but 3 days in advance?? Wtf. And the earlier they keep lining up, the earlier some other idiots will come and they end up in a vicious cycle where eventually the lining up starts at the end of the previous tour. :doh:

I just like the thought that, come showtime, within a few feet of the person who's wasted three days of their lives sitting on concrete outside a soulless arena, will be somebody who stood in line for just a couple of hours.

I just like the thought that, come showtime, within a few feet of the person who's wasted three days of their lives sitting on concrete outside a soulless arena, will be somebody who stood in line for just a couple of hours.

And within three feet of them, someone who didn't wait to line up at all, just showed up after the doors opened.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yup, especially with the tiny floors in arenas, I'm not even sure I'm gonna line up at all... seems like all spots are pretty damn good!

Ah well, it's their choice of course to waste their time.

And within three feet of them, someone who didn't wait to line up at all, just showed up after the doors opened.

When I showed up at doors for 360 Melbourne, one evening I got the rail behind the Red Zone (great spot for filming, Matt used it often to get the videos for U2gigs), and the next I was third row in front of Adam, with just one person separating me from somebody who had queued since the wee small hours. I found that especially funny since the stage was so high that I could see Edge and the people on the rail basically couldn't.

I'm all for lining up early and those who can and want to should but when you start lining up more than 24 hours in advance I don't get that and when you start lining up 4 days before the show to me that's nothing but ego. Just some weird psycho fans attempt to show who's the "biggest and best" U2 fan. Something to say to other U2 fans they meet like "Oh yeah well we lined up for 4 days.... blah blah blah" Apparently they have a roll call list already and most of them aren't even staying in line. They just "check in" twice a day to keep their spot in line. So they leave to sleep and come back later the next day. I mean give me a break. Talk about entitlement. Show up twice in a 24 hour period to remind everyone you're #7 in line and you'll be back tomorrow to confirm that. Like WTF. If you're going to line up and be all hardcore then lineup. What's next people start lining up 2 weeks in advance and check in once a day. Please. Seriously could you imagine the people showing up on Thursday and then 8 hours later some dude walks up and says "I'm in front of you, I've been here since Monday" hahaha. :huh:

Yeah that's how it worked in Montreal too, with the line that started 3 fucking days in advance and the line for the 2nd show simultaneously. Bloody bullshite. :rolleyes: If you line up in advance, you line up. AKA stay in the bloody line.

The Hive™ Lives.

Rob Giannotti
‏@u2rob73

Reports today have leaked that the GA line has already started to form in Vancouver. Here is a live shot @U2
CEwWbPVUgAAuFAz.jpg

Why does the I+e logo look exactly like the internet explorer logo

Bono is mates with Bill Gates.

They're probably the two people left on the planet who still use Internet Explorer too.

It's secretly a very long memorial service for the death of Internet Explorer.

Though the logo of Microsoft Edge isn't very different. :wink: And look, a U2 reference. It's obviously all connected! The illuminati!

OK folks, I've posted the Pacific Coliseum rehearsal setlists that Peter and I have sat on for the last couple of weeks: Vancouver update, 11 May 2015 - U2gigs.com

There won't be surprises for those of you who've followed rehearsals this whole time, but you may be interested to see the running orders. There does appear to be a bit of evolution in the sequencing, like what we witnessed in 2009 during the Barcelona rehearsals.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they're doing with the new songs, and seeing what they've done with the set design. Bad, if it's a regular part of the setlist, will be cool depending on what they do with it. And RTSS is of course very welcome.

Otherwise, this will be the weakest setlist, by far, of any U2 concert I've seen. And I really hate to be a downer on this, because I am excited about the tour and the looks of the set design. And I don't think I've ever complained about a setlist ever. But the song choice, IMO, sucks.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they're doing with the new songs, and seeing what they've done with the set design. Bad, if it's a regular part of the setlist, will be cool depending on what they do with it. And RTSS is of course very welcome.

Otherwise, this will be the weakest setlist, by far, of any U2 concert I've seen. And I really hate to be a downer on this, because I am excited about the tour and the looks of the set design. And I don't think I've ever complained about a setlist ever. But the song choice, IMO, sucks.

Not good that you feel that way mate

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom