*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As some have said what's stopping them rehearsing some things where no body can hear?

I don't know, when I think about "secret rehearsals" the only reason I can see for the band doing that is if they're planning on playing something from SOE. Otherwise, what's the point? I doubt they'd bother to have a secret rehearsal for, I don't know something like MOFO or any back catalogue title just to spring it on an unsuspecting world, when most of the world doesn't care, even those who will be attending the concert. I can see the headlines now "U2 finally plays Acrobat; world shocked. Ticket demand skyrockets."

I frankly don't get all the secrecy for the set list/show design period. It's a bit of a self-important conceit if you ask me. The tour is going to sell out no matter what the setlist is or what the stage design looks like. If what they were going to play was newsworthy at all it's the press, not U2 fans, that would be camped outside the arena and reporting on what they heard. And while I'm sure there might be some of that, I think mostly no one really cares much outside of places like this.

I don't know, when I think about "secret rehearsals" the only reason I can see for the band doing that is if they're planning on playing something from SOE. Otherwise, what's the point? I doubt they'd bother to have a secret rehearsal for, I don't know something like MOFO or any back catalogue title just to spring it on an unsuspecting world, when most of the world doesn't care, even those who will be attending the concert.

I frankly don't get all the secrecy for the set list/show design period. It's a bit of a self-important conceit if you ask me. The tour is going to sell out no matter what the setlist is or what the stage design looks like. If what they were going to play was newsworthy at all it's the press, not U2 fans, that would be camped outside the arena and reporting on what they heard. And while I'm sure there might be some of that, I think mostly no one really cares much outside of places like this.

They really don't have secret rehearsals. Other than when they rehearse in studio in Dublin (or Mexico like Vertigo) BEFORE they go to the final stage rehearsals in an arena. But that's not really "secret". They have come up with something while on tour in the dressing room and worked it out acoustically before the show (IE The First Time). They rehearsed The First Time Acoustic back stage only before they played it in Chicago in 2015. They did not rehearse it on stage in sound check. Obviously that is fairly easy for them to do when it is just Bono and Edge. But even that is done rarely by the band. Side note on that, they rehearsed Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car extensively at sound check that same day, but obviously never played it in a show. :shrug:

Anything is possible but I think you are correct in saying that there are no "secret" songs being rehearsed for the show at this point.

I just hope it is longer than the dress rehearsal, I mean it's pretty certain there won't be an opener now,

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Got that in Melbourne a few nights earlier. NYD instead of IWF that night, and Stuck was nice, and even though there's a hell of a lot of songs I'd have preferred to hear it was still about 100 times better than North Star.

North Star is such a lovely song! I hope it won´t end in thrash bin. I wish it has a similar fate as Wave on the next record. BTW Is there a studio/soundtrack version of this song?

For me the best 360 shows were after Iovine´s hint to try out new songs live. Vienna, Helsinki, etc.

2010 had 5 unreleased songs and HMTMKMKM. And Love Rescue Me. Sure the rest of it was pretty conservative, especially the Australian shows, but playing those unfinished songs at a stadium gig was pretty ballsy I think

Yep, I went to some of those 2010 gigs and thought (and still think) the set was awesome. 2009 was great, too, they played more NLOTH song and other rarities that they dropped later on.

Yep, I went to some of those 2010 gigs and thought (and still think) the set was awesome. 2009 was great, too, they played more NLOTH song and other rarities that they dropped later on.

The 360 tour in general had some great song selections. Fantastic stage for a stadium. The problem with a lot of it was the set list order and pacing for me. Awful at times, more so on average than most tours. IE Breathe was a terrible opening song. Like the song, just should not have been the opener.

I'm going to shit myself if I get to see/hear OOC.
Got to see my absolute favorite, Bad, at my first 2 (of 5) U2 shows. I'd love to see it again. :drool:

tours.atu2.com has a nice feature that lets you log all the shows you've seen, then gives you a breakdown of all the songs performed. Over just 21 shows (small by Interference standards!), I've actually heard Bad ten times, and OOC three times - but I think the real oddity is Party Girl FIVE times!

tours.atu2.com has a nice feature that lets you log all the shows you've seen, then gives you a breakdown of all the songs performed. Over just 21 shows (small by Interference standards!), I've actually heard Bad ten times, and OOC three times - but I think the real oddity is Party Girl FIVE times!

How do i do this? i registered on the website...now what? i am lost.

Hello everyone! Just arrived in Vancouver for the U2 concerts! Can anybody tell me what time U2 has been rehearsing?

Hello everyone! Just arrived in Vancouver for the U2 concerts! Can anybody tell me what time U2 has been rehearsing?
I think from 5:00 onwards. Maybe those who have actually been outside the venue could give you a better answer.

We found 105 different songs played during these shows.

· Pride (In The Name Of Love) (22 times)
· Sunday Bloody Sunday (21 times)
· Where The Streets Have No Name (21 times)
· Bullet The Blue Sky (19 times)
· One (18 times)
· With Or Without You (17 times)
· I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (16 times)
· Bad (14 times)
· Until The End Of The World (14 times)
· Beautiful Day (13 times)
· Elevation (13 times)
· Mysterious Ways (13 times)
· New Year's Day (12 times)
· I Will Follow (10 times)
· 40 (9 times)
· MLK (9 times)
· Running To Stand Still (9 times)
· The Fly (9 times)
· Vertigo (9 times)
· City Of Blinding Lights (8 times)
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (8 times)
· Desire (7 times)
· The Electric Co. (7 times)
· The Unforgettable Fire (7 times)
· Walk On (7 times)
· Even Better Than The Real Thing (6 times)
· Love And Peace Or Else (6 times)
· Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (6 times)
· All Because Of You (5 times)
· Angel Of Harlem (5 times)
· Kite (5 times)
· New York (5 times)
· Party Girl (5 times)
· Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (5 times)
· Yahweh (5 times)
· Zoo Station (5 times)
· Gloria (4 times)
· Gone (4 times)
· Love Is Blindness (4 times)
· Miracle Drug (4 times)
· Miss Sarajevo (4 times)
· October (4 times)
· The Cry (4 times)
· Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World (4 times)
· Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (4 times)
· Exit (3 times)
· Help (3 times)
· In God's Country (3 times)
· Out Of Control (3 times)
· Please (3 times)
· Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (3 times)
· The Ocean (3 times)
· Trip Through Your Wires (3 times)
· 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (2 times)
· A Sort Of Homecoming (2 times)
· All I Want Is You (2 times)
· Crumbs From Your Table (2 times)
· Get On Your Boots (2 times)
· I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (2 times)
· In A Little While (2 times)
· Magnificent (2 times)
· Moment of Surrender (2 times)
· No Line On The Horizon (2 times)
· One Tree Hill (2 times)
· Original Of The Species (2 times)
· People Get Ready (2 times)
· Satellite Of Love (2 times)
· Seconds (2 times)
· Stand By Me (2 times)
· The First Time (2 times)
· Unknown Caller (2 times)
· What's Going On (2 times)
· When Love Comes To Town (2 times)
· Wire (2 times)
· An Cat Dubh (1 time)
· Breathe (1 time)
· Can't Help Falling In Love (1 time)
· Discothèque (1 time)
· Fast Cars (1 time)
· Helter Skelter (1 time)
· Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)
· I Shall Be Released (1 time)
· If You Wear That Velvet Dress (1 time)
· Instant Karma! (1 time)
· Into The Heart (1 time)
· Invisible Sun (1 time)
· Knockin' On Heaven's Door (1 time)
· Last Night On Earth (1 time)
· Maggie's Farm (1 time)
· Miami (1 time)
· Mofo (1 time)
· Norwegian Wood (1 time)
· Rain (1 time)
· Silver And Gold (1 time)
· Slow Dancing (1 time)
· So Cruel (1 time)
· Spanish Eyes (1 time)
· Staring At The Sun (1 time)
· Sun City (1 time)
· Suspicious Minds (Edge Karaoke) (1 time)
· Two Hearts Beat As One (1 time)
· Whiskey In The Jar (1 time)
· Wild Honey (1 time)
· Wild Rover (1 time)
· Your Blue Room (1 time)
24 shows (23 regular U2 shows and Conspiracy of Hope Giants Stadium)

I'd like to do this for my 25 Pearl Jam shows and see how much greater than 105 the number is. Got 95 different songs over 3 nights in 2003, so that number must be well beyond 105.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom