Helsinki II setlist party 21-08 part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just so you know, they're dual-layer DVDs, so you'll need that to burn them, unless you want to watch them on your computer. :)

I have Frankfurt burned to disc but haven't watched yet, and I just finished downloading Hannover yesterday - I'm letting it continue to seed throughout the weekend to boost my ratio, and will get around to burning it soon, too.

What do you use? I downloaded the free ImgBurn when I got my laptop, and I've really liked it - it works really well and is relatively user-friendly. And it's easy to search online for the how-tos when I can't figure something out.

What do you use? I downloaded the free ImgBurn when I got my laptop, and I've really liked it - it works really well and is relatively user-friendly. And it's easy to search online for the how-tos when I can't figure something out.

I'm on a Mac, and have Roxio Toast 8 which has been failing miserably. I just downloaded Daniusoft and will see if that works.

ETA: You do need to register, but in general Torrents are pretty easy. You just need a program to download it.

As for Dual Layer DVD's, they have double the capacity as regular ones. If your computer isn't very old you DVD burner should be able to burn dual layers.

Man, they keep rehearsing YOU KNOW WHAT, and I hold out hope they'll bring it back in.

Excited to see that three-letter song title in the list.

...... do we need spoilers in here for what was rehearsed?

I'm on a Mac, and have Roxio Toast 8 which has been failing miserably. I just downloaded Daniusoft and will see if that works.

ETA: You do need to register, but in general Torrents are pretty easy. You just need a program to download it.

As for Dual Layer DVD's, they have double the capacity as regular ones. If your computer isn't very old you DVD burner should be able to burn dual layers.

So I need to pay attention to what empty dvd discs I buy.

Man, they keep rehearsing YOU KNOW WHAT, and I hold out hope they'll bring it back in.

Excited to see that three-letter song title in the list.

...... do we need spoilers in here for what was rehearsed?

Not IMO. It's a setlist party. If people want to avoid spoilers they shouldn't be here in the first place!

:)

I had no reports of Bad yet. DAMN.

:uhoh: What's a dual layer dvd?

As the name suggests, a dual-layer DVD has two layers of recording. In a standard DVD, there's just one surface on the DVD with data that the laser reads from. With a dual-layer DVD, the laser can read that surface and then see through that surface to a second surface, doubling recording capacity. Dual-layer DVD+/-Rs are significantly more expensive than normal DVD+/-Rs. Just about every DVD you buy commercially has two layers, except those are pressed from physical molds, so they're a lot cheaper to produce en masse.

As the name suggests, a dual-layer DVD has two layers of recording. In a standard DVD, there's just one surface on the DVD with data that the laser reads from. With a dual-layer DVD, the laser can read that surface and then see through that surface to a second surface, doubling recording capacity. Dual-layer DVD+/-Rs are significantly more expensive than normal DVD+/-Rs. Just about every DVD you buy commercially has two layers, except those are pressed from physical molds, so they're a lot cheaper to produce en masse.

:hmm: Ok so I have to look out for Dual Layer empty dvds then rather than normal ones. Thanks for the info!

And I'm not sure where they got Bad from. The other sources only retweeted the earlier message I started this thread with... no Bad in there.
I still have good hopes for NLOTH to reappear.

Oh.. and... just... This.

laradspank3comet.gif

:lol:

Word is Boots, Mag, and MOS will be replaced by Wild Honey, Miracle Drug, and Yaweh.

Well the good news is this Daniusoft program works, the bad news is that I need to pay $50 if I want it to burn DVD's without a watermark. :doh:

Does anyone know any other programs for Mac that would work?

Sorry, I'm a PC.

(And clueless about torrents. I need to figure it out and get my hands on that Hannover file.)

Back
Top Bottom