All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was at least Vertigo which got major airplay etc... This time around I sense a lot people don't even know there is a new album. Plus last time they had not toured for 8 years so there was a lot pent up demand. I'd love there to be 3 Sydney shows (my hometown) however I can't see it. 2 at most.

even if there is only two, no big deal. triple m thrashed boots, not to mention played the album through and promoted the shit out of it early, songs have been used in ads, etc. peeps would have to be living under a rock to both not know about the album/not hear about a tour

Plus by the time they get down here, Songs Of Ascent will likely have been released.

Even if the demand were equal to 2006, I can't see Sydney getting three gigs, as the extra seating capacity afforded by the 360 Tour set-up basically covers that third show. I'd expect two in Sydney, two in Melbourne, two in whichever New Zealand city (looking like Wellington!), one in Brisbane, one in Adelaide. I hope Perth gets one but I'm not holding my breath.

About time Hobart got a gig? Hahaha.

Plus by the time they get down here, Songs Of Ascent will likely have been released.

Even if the demand were equal to 2006, I can't see Sydney getting three gigs, as the extra seating capacity afforded by the 360 Tour set-up basically covers that third show. I'd expect two in Sydney, two in Melbourne, two in whichever New Zealand city (looking like Wellington!), one in Brisbane, one in Adelaide. I hope Perth gets one but I'm not holding my breath.

About time Hobart got a gig? Hahaha.

Hobart! No chance. Agree with everything you say though. Would be good if the Brisbane show was at Suncorp though. That seems like a much better venue than the QSAC which was a bit of a dump.

I suppose Hobart is a tad too small for such a spectacle of a concert. If they do a show in Adelaide then Perth must not be forgotten.

Wouldn't Subiaco Oval be suitable? If not then maybe the WACA?

Those are the only two suitable ovals that I know.

Perth made sense for PopMart perhaps because South Africa was the next stop. So it was a jumping off point. This may be the only way for a U2 tour to get to Perth again; almost as a side effect of going to South Africa afterwards. Otherwise I can't see it. A long way to go, even from Adelaide not to mention the east coast.

Hobart! No chance. Agree with everything you say though. Would be good if the Brisbane show was at Suncorp though. That seems like a much better venue than the QSAC which was a bit of a dump.

It would be nice if U2 would one day play outside of the five major centres, but it sure as hell won't happen this tour (or ever, so there goes Van Diemen's Land IN Van Diemen's Land).

Hopefully if U2 book far enough in advance, they can secure one of the rare gigs per year at Suncorp. QSAC's shit.

Does Perth have a suitable venue? The place where they did PopMart would probably fit *inside* the Claw!

Subiaco would be ideal for a gig like 360.

And, hell, if they can do New Zealand, they can do Perth. Though the difference is that New Zealand can sell two gigs, while Perth can only sell one.

maybe they plan to leave the claw at subi, thereby forcing fremantle to fold and west coast to play permanently at the waca.

The Claw will be there as a permanent monument. U2 fans will go there from all over the world to pray there, well maybe not.

It would be nice if U2 would one day play outside of the five major centres, but it sure as hell won't happen this tour (or ever, so there goes Van Diemen's Land IN Van Diemen's Land).

Hell yeah. In 2006 Pearl Jam played in Newcastle and by all reports it was one of their best shows ever. Been meaning to download that show for ages now.

Then there's that Dire Straits tour from 1985 or 1986 when they went fucking EVERYWHERE. For god's sake, they even did an outdoor gig in Rockhampton.

ROCKHAMPTON.

Who the hell goes to Rockhampton of their own free will?

That, perhaps, is the only acceptable justification for playing a gig in Rocky!

It would be great if they played Adelaide Oval:drool:. It will be fully redeveloped by then because of the Ashes. But in saying that it might clash with the cricket. It's such a nice oval for concerts!

Didnt get to see PJ in newy, but I saw Oasis there in 02. Amazing they sold out stadiums in the Uk, major venues everywhere, and they didnt even play Newcastle Ent Cent (capacity 18,000 approx). They played the civic theatre!!! (capacity 2000 approx). It was an amazing gig

maybe they plan to leave the claw at subi, thereby forcing fremantle to fold and west coast to play permanently at the waca.

I have no qualms with this. We often played better at the WACA anyway.

Anyway, I hope Perth and Adelaide BOTH get shows. :cute: Adelaide Oval would be interesting, guess it depends how the redevelopment goes. I still hope a new stadium is built on the old railyard spot by the Torrens, doesn't matter if it's for soccer or footy, just put something there that isn't a hospital.

I still hope a new stadium is built on the old railyard spot by the Torrens, doesn't matter if it's for soccer or footy, just put something there that isn't a hospital.

I say keep it a railyard ... and play a gig there.

It would be great if they played Adelaide Oval:drool:. It will be fully redeveloped by then because of the Ashes. But in saying that it might clash with the cricket. It's such a nice oval for concerts!

if it's in oct/nov as it is cautiously reported, it shouldn't clash... but then the adelaide test is normally second bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom