October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
finally!!!

I just got back from picking up my ticket for the rose bowl show... section 14H...I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!, I am taking a charter bus from hermosa beach to the bowl, so if any of you are interested let me know so i can give you the info on the guy reserving the spots....
:applaud:Cant wait til sunday..
peace...

I'm starting to entertain thoughts of actually heading to Vegas tomorrow, with the recent ticket drop. . . .

But I probably won't :|

Got hotel taken care of, staying alone on Saturday an friends staying on Sunday after show.

One problem tho, i'm disabled and i don't drive an taxi's/supershuttle too expensive. Can anyone help me out with a ride on Saturday between 11-1 from Burbank Airport to the Rose Bowl to buy a parking pass, Saturday is the last day to do that by 6pm and after i get pass i'd want to go to my hotel, Hampton Inn on 311 E Huntington Dr. i'd chip in for gas. i need parking pass so i can use my disabled parking on Sunday so my friend doesn't have to park far away when he comes on Sunday.

I'm good on Sunday for getting to (i think) and from the show (for sure..)

Any help would be appreciated here!!!

4035561519_30585a3d24_b.jpg

4035556253_705be1a4ed_b.jpg

4035554513_206a2faa66_b.jpg

4035549457_8148855d91_b.jpg

4036298208_aee3efdc7d_b.jpg

setting up for "picnic at the park" event...
4035552713_b02d68a04f_b.jpg

What time you getting there zerokul?

Pitching a tent Rich? Are you taking nicv's place while she's in Vegas :giggle:

Well the charter bus leaves at 2 pm from hermosa beach so i think i will be getting to the bowl between 3 or 4.
3 more days!!!!!!!!
Peace out..

BTW, hubby might not have to work Sunday after all, so hopefully it works out and he gets to go to the show :yippie: , though I think he works Saturday instead...

A little late to the party... Hey Lila and Carlos!

Lila what time where you planning on getting there? I was in Pheonix and they started giving out numbers the night before like someone mentioned before. I also think that that is kinda wacky but I don't want to be left out in the cold. I got there at 5:30am and I had #120. Not bad.

Could someone tell me what the parking passes are all about. Are they the $65 perfered parking? Is that the pass that everone here is getting?

P.s. If anyone knows someone who would like to trade, I have a GA that I want to trade for a nice seat. something near the stage. lemme know. It's for my mom. She has neck and back problems and I think a seat would be better for her.

I'm so so so so so excited!!! I'm having a DVD marathon right now. Watching PopMart from Mexico City... Bono just thanked the Mexican people for Burritos, :doh: hahaha.

Could someone tell me what the parking passes are all about. Are they the $65 perfered parking? Is that the pass that everone here is getting?

From what I read you had to buy a pass beforehand, 20 for general, 60 for preferred. I am going to the Rosebowl Saturday morning to get my pass since I neglected to get one online for some (stupid) reason. But I am going to hangout downtown Saturday anyway so it works out. It'll be cool to see if the stage is already built and poking out of the stadium. I am taking 65 dollars since it's cash only at the venue and just in case the 20 dollar passes are sold out.

I can get a ride to the show, but I still need a place to stay. If anyone can help, please PM :pray:

I was at the Rose Bowl late yesterday - the Claw was up and it was a thrill to see it poking up out of the top of the stadium! I was worried about the heat, but there was a nice breeze, and it actually felt quite pleasant - it was also gorgeous - I'm always struck by how pretty the setting is whenever I visit the Rose Bowl. - should be a perfect setting on Sunday!

Now I'm trying to scramble to put together a last minute trip to Vegas - couldn't resist pulling a couple of GAs when they dropped yesterday!

A little late to the party... Hey Lila and Carlos!

Lila what time where you planning on getting there? I was in Pheonix and they started giving out numbers the night before like someone mentioned before. I also think that that is kinda wacky but I don't want to be left out in the cold. I got there at 5:30am and I had #120. Not bad.

P.s. If anyone knows someone who would like to trade, I have a GA that I want to trade for a nice seat. something near the stage. lemme know. It's for my mom. She has neck and back problems and I think a seat would be better for her.

I'm so so so so so excited!!! I'm having a DVD marathon right now. Watching PopMart from Mexico City... Bono just thanked the Mexican people for Burritos, :doh: hahaha.

zooperson
Check your PM's
Peace

Help! Arriving extra early for the Rose Bowl show

Hello everyone! :wave:

I guess that I should first introduce myself! My name is Jeff Laguna and I have been a guest of interference.com for many years, and just recently decided to join! :) I live in Southern California and am currently a Ph.D. student at USC. (This kinda feels like the dating game!) :hmm:

I wish that I could be there tonight for the Vegas show, but I had to choose between tonight's show and the Barcelona show in the Summer (Barco won). Anyways, I am writing because I am planning on arriving very early for the Rose Bowl show and am not sure where the pre-GA line will be (with the numbers). That is, I know that the GA line will be at GATE E, but I don't know where everyone will be before they let the official line form at 8AM. I am planning on walking around and trying to find the group, but has anyone discussed where we will all meet before 8am? I can't wait!

Looking forward to making some new friends here on interference,

Jeff

Line Up Merch

We're almost there! I'm planning on getting there at 8 am when the parking opens. I've got my general parking pass. The last time I got in line this early for a show was U2 in Charlotte, NC on the last tour. It should be a fun day. I have a question for people who have been to other shows on this tour. Do they have merch booths setup outside. I really want a concert t-shirt and didn't know if they'd have them out for us to buy while in line or not. I can't wait for Sunday!

The Channel 5 news here in town showed a woman reporter at the Rose Bowl this morning, inside and out. Still lots of building to do for the stage. :hyper:

We're almost there! I'm planning on getting there at 8 am when the parking opens. I've got my general parking pass. The last time I got in line this early for a show was U2 in Charlotte, NC on the last tour. It should be a fun day. I have a question for people who have been to other shows on this tour. Do they have merch booths setup outside. I really want a concert t-shirt and didn't know if they'd have them out for us to buy while in line or not. I can't wait for Sunday!

in phoenix they had a booth right next to the line. seems like a pretty obvious place to have one sales-wise. there was a steady mob at that booth for a few hours.

btw what's this i hear about different gates??

More than one gate? :sigh:

And there better be booths for merchandise outside while we bake wait in line all day. They didn't do that for Hawaii, and we didn't get any merchandise at all, cuz it all had sold out :madspit:

I'm going to be chillin at my beach pad tomorrow. If anyone is in Malibu walking Carbon Beach and you hear some U2 coming from my deck, give me a hollar. It's going to be a great weekend!!

I'm headed up to the Rose Bowl around Noon. Is everyone getting there earlier? By the looks of it, it looks like many of you are going at 8am or so. Do you guys think the line will be long by noon?

I'm going to be chillin at my beach pad tomorrow. If anyone is in Malibu walking Carbon Beach and you hear some U2 coming from my deck, give me a hollar. It's going to be a great weekend!!

I'm headed up to the Rose Bowl around Noon. Is everyone getting there earlier? By the looks of it, it looks like many of you are going at 8am or so. Do you guys think the line will be long by noon?

I am getting there around 4AM to hopefully be front and center. As for the multiple gates, my source for Gate E is not the best (and rather old), so I would go with GATE C, since that is what we heard yesterday.

I just went by the Rose Bowl an hour ago and it looks like they are making progress with the stage! I will post a pic in a few.

I am getting there around 4AM to hopefully be front and center. As for the multiple gates, my source for Gate E is not the best (and rather old), so I would go with GATE C, since that is what we heard yesterday.

I just went by the Rose Bowl an hour ago and it looks like they are making progress with the stage! I will post a pic in a few.

Here it is. Sorry for the crappy quality (old school iPhone).
imagexyj.jpg

Hey, I called the Rose Bowl today to ask if they are allowing cameras into the venue. They said that "if its a personal camera for you and your friend to take pictures", that will be fine. But if its a (here is the catchy phrase...) a nice looking, zoom camera that takes nice pictures... they would not allow them. Well, most personal digital cameras ARE nice... wtf? What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom