October 09 Raymond James Center, Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse, Greyhoundback, with a dinner stop in Orlando.
I don't know why but I find this hysterical! I guess because I can relate...haven't been on Greyhound (or "the old gray dog" as we in my house affectionately call it) in many years, but I still remember it vividly. It's forever ingrained in my memory. There are usually some "interesting" people along for the ride.

:yikes:

Hey, did you have a chance to do some sightseeing in NY & DC?

Not too much in New York unfortunately, despite grand plans to the contrary, only saw the 9/11 Memorial museum, a bit of Central Park, Empire State Building from a bit of a distance, and failed to scalp a ticket to the Yankees v Red Sox match. I was too knackered after two long days out at Giants Stadium.

Saw loads in DC, all the memorials and a few amazing museums, this is the benefit of having an old friend in the town with a car. We even saw the Obamas down at the Jefferson Memorial!

I assume you'll be in Tampa?

Well, I don't think I've experienced any dud audiences or shows this tour, but I think this will be one of the stand out shows of the leg.

I heard Washington audience was real quiet and Charlottesville was not much better...haven't read much about Raleigh. How was the crowd there?

Not too much in New York unfortunately, despite grand plans to the contrary, only saw the 9/11 Memorial museum, a bit of Central Park, Empire State Building from a bit of a distance, and failed to scalp a ticket to the Yankees v Red Sox match. I was too knackered after two long days out at Giants Stadium.

Saw loads in DC, all the memorials and a few amazing museums, this is the benefit of having an old friend in the town with a car. We even saw the Obamas down at the Jefferson Memorial!

I assume you'll be in Tampa?

Yep, are you doing GA in Tampa?

Tampa GA

Hey guys, what time is typical (and still reasonable) for lining up for a show? This will be my first U2 show in the States, and the only thing I have to compare it to is Dublin which is just a much larger scale. We're planning to go for the outer circle rail, and have no problem showing up at the crack of dawn if it's necessary, but with all I've been hearing about people arriving mid-afternoon and still getting a great spot... I'm less inclined to sit and wait all day.

Is there any reliable way to go about gauging this? I know ultimately it becomes "push comes to shove". :p

Friday can't come fast enough! My husband and I will be driving down from Jacksonville Thursday night. We just got back from Raleigh yesterday and had to sell our Atlanta tix :down: so I can't wait to get to Tampa.

fl3177jr- Raleigh has been our only show this tour, but we got in the GA line right before 5:00pm, when the gates opened. We got on the rail next to the stage in front of Edge. I think we're going to go for that again or try outer rail. This is my last show until the summer so I'd kinda like to see more of the stage, etc. but where we were in Raleigh was fantastic! Right now, our plan is to get to RJ around 2:00pm to try for a meet & greet, hang out, line up, and enjoy the show.

Hello,
First time poster here. I went to the Raleigh show after waiting 25 years to see them. It was awesome. My wife was actually at the concert when they filmed "Where the streets have no name" for Rattle and Hum in Tempe Az. I will be going to the show in Tampa also on Friday. I got some tickets in Section 239 row F. Do you think the visibility will be ok from that angle? I am alittle concerned about the right Claw leg blocking the view. Any thoughts....

Thank you

Russell

hi guys! its been a while since i've posted here. i'm lining up in the GA line also but I really don't know what time I should get there. My boyfriend and I will be lining up but he actually has to work a bit on Friday and should be coming back to the line around 2pm. Do you think this will be a problem? My brother and other friends were supposed to go to this show and now it's only him and i, with me pretty much being in the line by myself all day. :-/

Hi:
I've lurked here and other forums on occasion...just thought I'd say hi since I'm driving down from Jacksonville Friday - so excited!

Looks like thanks to my partner-in-crime's schedule, I'll be on my own in the GA line... so if you see a loner (I'm normal... promise!) say hi.

~Elysia

Tailgating?

So apart from those in the GA line, will people be tailgating before the show or do they limit/control that before concerts?

Looking forward to Friday's show!

u better bring LOTS of sun block, temps are supposed to be mid 90's with the heat index at about 102 degrees in the middle of the Afternoon.

If Muse performs Starlight on that pirate ship I will likely crap my pants.

I'm waiting for Bono to say "we got old songs, we got new songs, we got songs we don't know how to play yet" and add "we've also got a pirate ship!"

Or to compare their "spaceship" and our pirate ship.

I at least want a pirate ship shout out :lol:

They should also let U2 use the cannons . . . lord knows the Bucs aren't getting to use them much this year :reject:

I'm waiting for Bono to say "we got old songs, we got new songs, we got songs we don't know how to play yet" and add "we've also got a pirate ship!"

Or to compare their "spaceship" and our pirate ship.

I at least want a pirate ship shout out :lol:

They should also let U2 use the cannons . . . lord knows the Bucs aren't getting to use them much this year :reject:

LMFAO!!!! Ain't THAT the truth!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom