Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread VI - The Day Has Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will be many people who will take videos - you shouldn't have a problem finding them up on YouTube shortly after the concert. :D

I exchanged my money this afternoon, so all I have left to do is pack the things I'll need to use between now and tomorrow. :hyper:

Whew I am glad to be a tall girl at 5'10....and now I am all worried about the GA just reading your posts......I am a GA Virgin and I have no idea where to go...or what to do. I am totally going to just follow some of you...sounds like we'll all know eachother down there anyway.

Here's a silly question...once the doors open and we get in how am I going to buy a shirt? Do I have to stay in GA and hold my spot for 3 hours until the boys come on? How do you guys do it?
By this time tomorrow I will have my tickets picked up from the Thomas and Mack centre!

So excited to meet you all at Nine Fine!
hj:heart:

The U2 fans I have heard from say you can see the Claw from the plane as you fly in for any of you who are flying...
I will try to get a shot tomorrow and twitpic it to the Vegas Twitter.

You can always buy merchandise after the show.

I hope I see the CLAW when I fly in tomorrow. :hyper: Should I bribe the pilot? lol.

Leaving tomorrow morning. C u all at NYNY even though they cannae pour a proper pint in there. Its going to be fun trying to get up early to line up.

sucks - I'm flying in after dark, close to 10pm. I wonder if they'll be doing some lighting tests so I can see it from the plane?

Also, is it the right side of the plane that will have the view? From what I recall, every time I fly into Vegas the plane approaches the runway from the south which would put Sam Boyd to your right - correct?

edit: just pulled up google earth and Sam Boyd looks much farther from the airport than I thought. Not sure if I'll see it no matter what side of the plane I'm on, coming from Seattle.

sucks - I'm flying in after dark, close to 10pm. I wonder if they'll be doing some lighting tests so I can see it from the plane?

Also, is it the right side of the plane that will have the view? From what I recall, every time I fly into Vegas the plane approaches the runway from the south which would put Sam Boyd to your right - correct?

edit: just pulled up google earth and Sam Boyd looks much farther from the airport than I thought. Not sure if I'll see it no matter what side of the plane I'm on, coming from Seattle.

Yup, from the right, photo and map are up at twitter! /VegasU2360

Hmm I'm google earthing it too and coming from California it seems like the airport comes before the stadium for me.. so unless the pilot passes the airport and loops around I probably wont be seeing it. :(

Crap - I just realized I'll be flying in after sunset as well. Oh well! I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's pictures instead. :)

Maybe! This was taken the night before the show in Oklahoma :hmm:

36929689thenightbefore.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, but when I was at the bank this afternoon, the first song I heard on their overhead muzak was Crazy Tonight! :laugh: That was awesome. The teller that helped me was really nice, and she was asking me about what we planned on doing. I told her I was going to the concert, and it turns out she's a huge U2 fan as well. So fun to meet fellow fans in random places! :D

Hmm I'm google earthing it too and coming from California it seems like the airport comes before the stadium for me.. so unless the pilot passes the airport and loops around I probably wont be seeing it. :(

That's exactly what they do. The approach is from the opposite side so you overshoot then u-turn. From LA, you fly in the Strip on your left then u-turn and it's on your right. That should be when you can see the stadium. I'm not sure what the flightpath is from NorCal though.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, but when I was at the bank this afternoon, the first song I heard on their overhead muzak was Crazy Tonight! :laugh: That was awesome. The teller that helped me was really nice, and she was asking me about what we planned on doing. I told her I was going to the concert, and it turns out she's a huge U2 fan as well. So fun to meet fellow fans in random places! :D

I heard Stand Up Comedy at the hair salon last night! :lol:

That's exactly what they do. The approach is from the opposite side so you overshoot then u-turn. From LA, you fly in the Strip on your left then u-turn and it's on your right. That should be when you can see the stadium. I'm not sure what the flightpath is from NorCal though.

Ohh that sounds kind of hopeful then. :hyper:

Yup, from the right, photo and map are up at twitter! /VegasU2360

Awesome! That's much better - I was wrong that I fly in from the south - looks like incoming is from the east and take-off is to the south.

Given this info, even the left side may have a long-distance view before the plane banks around.

Apologize if some of this is redundant info, but I called UNLV/Sam Boyd - after first talking to a girl with a bit of attitude on the 739-fans line, I called the event services number and a very nice woman named Laura was a little more helpful- not much new to report from previous posts:
she confirmed the 6am early line-up at the East Entrance, and I also asked how they were going to monitor the pit, she said she believed they were going to use wristbands to control how many are allowed in.

I found a facility map on the UNLV website to show were the East Entrance is:

http://www.unlvtickets.com/pdf/facility/fb-sbsConcession.pdf

Since I plan to cab it there from the strip, I asked about cab availability afterwards. She said they have alerted the cab companies about the concert and there should be plenty available.

Just in case though I also called the Las Vegas bus co ("CAT" Citizen area transit).
To get back to the strip from the stadium:
-Take the special event 601 loop from sam boyd to tropicana and Boulder (runs until midnight) fare $4
-then transfer to the 201 West on Tropicana to las vegas blvd (runs 24 hrs)
-Then transfer to the Strip bus North (no #, they call it "THe Deuce") runs 24 hrs, and you have to pay an additional $1

She said depending on traffic and wait time, could take 60-90 mins overall...

It doesnt really seem like there's been a problem with cameras on this tour lol.

VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper: :rockon:

Dude, work just went on and on and on. But I'm home now and doing some laundry and eating some dinner and then packing and then and then and then and then and then

VEGAS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom