November 25th and 26th 2010 - Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to know I'm flying on a plane with someone like U2.

BONO KILLED IN PLANE CRASH!
OTHER MEMBERS OF U2 KILLED TOO

And 234 Other People

Cool. Maybe that explains the delay leaving. I was telling Rosa that it seemed to take a while for people to get off once we landed.

And I just bought an all blacks jersey

LOL. Dray, how did you miss that!

All likelihood the band will probably sleep tonight and acclimatise to the time zone, and then rehearse tomorrow night. How are they usually effected by jet-lag? I suppose given that it is sort of night time now in the US that they may just stay up longer and sleep in tomorrow and all will be fine

U2 came out and hung out in the baggage area on the plane, so we had a pretty nice chat.

They were nice enough to bring me a sandwich.

:wink:

Seriously, though - that's kind of awesome.

One Tree Hill was sound checked about an hour ago in the stadium. It was mentioned in Live Nation's facebook page. Guess who had the first comment - Auckland Dan. Now I wonder who that could be... DRay

The techs were soundchecking a lot of songs today Let's see which get played. I'll put the spoiler tags in case there is someone who doesn't want to read this.

New Year's Day, Boy Falls from the Sky, One Tree Hill, Return of the Stingray Guitar, Bad, Beautiful Day,Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, With or Without You, Unforgettable Fire, Crazy Remix, Vertigo
It was definitely not the band, although, Terry Lawless seemed to be there doing a lot of the keyboard stuff.

The techs were soundchecking a lot of songs today Let's see which get played. I'll put the spoiler tags in case there is someone who doesn't want to read this.

New Year's Day, Boy Falls from the Sky, One Tree Hill, Return of the Stingray Guitar, Bad, Beautiful Day,Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Miss Sarajevo, With or Without You, Unforgettable Fire, Crazy Remix, Vertigo
It was definitely not the band, although, Terry Lawless seemed to be there doing a lot of the keyboard stuff.

Terry Lawless isn't actually at home? :sad:

We're getting close now. :hyper:

you lucky ducks down under must be getting very excited! enjoy your time with your fave band! :hug:

eta - DRay that is so cool! oh to have been an air hostess on that plane :D

One of the U2fanz members seemed to think it would be another sound check tomorrow but it would be the band on Wednesday. Oh what to do. I don't want to make the trip over if it is only the techs but if it was U2 I would be pretty pissed off.:hmm:

Yeah, that was me who commented on the live nation post. It was good timing as it was at the top of my FB page

Me, rosa, quadcaster will be there tomorrow night

i might keep a watch out my window in case there's the off chance of seeing any light show in the distance. definitely on for tomorrow night.

was/is there a best point for hearing things? i'm still leaning towards the gate at beasley avenue.

The sound was great at the train stop we were at which was quite a ways away.

I dont know my left from right here, but it will probably sound fine wherever you are at

I didn't quite get the street names, but a couple of places that we stopped at did seem like great spots to sit and listen. None had great views in unfortunately.

ETA: I had forgotten how delicious Tim Tam's are. :wink:

Last edited:
as of 11pm the stadium lights were off but the claw was fully in action, lights and smoke.

our brave spies caught a few photos, and you can't see shit in the rest.

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom