November 25th and 26th 2010 - Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The floor was being laid yesterday and it has been reported that the lads will arrive over the weekend and rehearsals start Monday. I am over near the stadium on Thurday so will post some photos then.

i am going to be rockin' in the Bris 2, and PErth 1 3 & 3 parties!

:up: . . . I admire your reserve . . . :)

cathay pacific 747 freighter just landed in auckland. not a regular visitor. i know some of my assumptions about what they're doing this tour have been proven wrong compared to previous tours, but i wonder if something time sensitive like, oh, i don't know, sound and video equipment are still being flown over water.

i hope so! first excursion to mt smart tomorrow too.

:hyper:

The floor was being laid yesterday and it has been reported that the lads will arrive over the weekend and rehearsals start Monday. I am over near the stadium on Thurday so will post some photos then.

:happydance: can't wait :D

thanks - such a massive logistics exercise to move those things arond...

:drool:

been to mt smart today. nothing to see, really. a few people wearing u2 crew hi-vis vests, but mainly people are there putting the finishing touches on more temporary seating and the access ways. walked in like i owned the place and spoke to one person who said that each of the temporary stands individually are bigger than the ones used at the world rowing championships a few weeks ago. they're also putting matting down on the field to protect it, but that was really all there was to see.

IMG_5873.jpg

:shocked: so wishing i had bit the (credit card) bullet and shelled out for tickets to these upcoming nz shows :doh:. . . the grounds are so teeny tiny looking every flipping seat in the house will be incredible :drool:

thanks for the piccies :hyper: . . . and in case i forget to say it in the delirium of the U2 induced haze that is about to overtake . . . enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy :hi5: :hug:

Uhhh ... no. Apparently my perspective is way off. It's obviously a lot bigger than it looks!

Don't mind me. :reject:

Uhhh ... no. Apparently my perspective is way off. It's obviously a lot bigger than it looks!

Don't mind me. :reject:

just giving you a hard time :wink:

it is pretty tight though, and the perspective from that photo is a bit funny. despite my camera usually making everything seem further away, it actually caught the scale alright for once.

shame i can't work in a line about how the stadium was built into a volcano, so i'll just leave it at that.

8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

U2 in Auckland is going to be AWESOME, as is U2 in MELB and BRIS and SYD and Perth! :D

The claw is now rising at Mt Smart Stadium... it looks huge in our small stadium.:hyper: Check out U2fanz.com for the photos. I will attempt to get some for myself when I go out later this morning.

Just came back from a visit to the stadium. No such luck at both gates, security wouldn't let me through. The four cranes are up and it is a hive of activity. Saw sections of the claw being transported into the stadium.

Once I work out how to post the photos I will post them. Can you post jpg files directly or do you have to go through something like photobucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom