June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you supposed to fly out?

friday morning.

3a - alarm goes off
4a - shuttle gets me
6a - flight to LA. lands 735a
1130a - flight to seattle. lands 215p

there's an 830a flight that i'm looking of jumping on. it will cost me $25 but i think it's worth it to get me there 3 hours earlier

For $25? Totally worth it.

Maybe we can start the line at the bar in the Silver Cloud. they have a really great happy hour .... although I don't think they offer it on game days. Boo. :wink:

i'm glad i called alaska again. the girl i talked to said i might not be able to flight out on the 830a because there needs to be 1 hour, 10 minutes between flights.

on top of that, i'm flying to lax on american) which is in a totally different area of the airport from alaska. the girl i talked to said i'd need to take a bus :ohmy:

i could probably get on the 1030a flight, but spending $25 to leave 1 hour earlier doesn't seem as worth it.

diana. if you and nicole are getting around the same time, being train buddies sounds good to me. chrisedge will landing right at the same time and i was planning on meeting him. he's coming in on southwest.

i'm glad i called alaska again. the girl i talked to said i might not be able to flight out on the 830a because there needs to be 1 hour, 10 minutes between flights.

on top of that, i'm flying to lax on american) which is in a totally different area of the airport from alaska. the girl i talked to said i'd need to take a bus :ohmy:

i could probably get on the 1030a flight, but spending $25 to leave 1 hour earlier doesn't seem as worth it.

diana. if you and nicole are getting around the same time, being train buddies sounds good to me. chrisedge will landing right at the same time and i was planning on meeting him. he's coming in on southwest.

Dont pay more, just see if you can get on standby

Yeah, Dan, not a good idea to change terminals at LAX with so little time because you have to go through security again.

Take the longer layover, that way you aren't stressing.

I'm on Alaska, flying out of Burbank. I'm not sure what airport Nic is flying out of. I figure between the four of us we can't get too lost. :D

alaska doesn't do standby. i asked.

this blows

lax_map_b.jpg

i have to cut through the airport to go from terminal 4 to terminal 3

Just got on the computer for the first time since 7 am and wow! this thread has taken off. Lots of info to catch up on. Sort of freaking out about the weather forecast in my corner of California for my flight on Friday. Half an inch of rain in the forecast. Got my fingers crossed I'll be able to get out of here, there are only two flights a day on prop planes. And I make my half hour connection. Worry, worry.

For $25? Totally worth it.

Maybe we can start the line at the bar in the Silver Cloud. they have a really great happy hour .... although I don't think they offer it on game days. Boo. :wink:

This keeps getting better!

I overdosed on kettlecorn years ago. I'm bringing almonds and my new magical GA pants with protein bar pockets weeeeeeeee
!!!

Latest Forecast from NWS Seattle

qGPul.png

Thursday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 60. South southwest wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51. North northwest wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 71.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53

:bow: Thank you weather Gods aka... Bono and his posse. :D:
Keep the gratitude going...

We are so lucky, I can't even tell you! The weather has been a total wash out almost every single day all month long!!

Countdown clock: in one hour 15 min it will be 2 days until lift off!

I keep telling myself to enjoy the journey...the time leading up to it because once the show starts it's over so fast!:sad: But I still can't wait!! David Bowie never sounded so good! :) Funny how when I watch the clips ( I cheated I can't stay away from the concert footage) you can tell people know the set lists, because everybody freaks when Bowie comes on the sound system! Like Arcade Fire during Vertigo! Everytime I hear that song I think of
U2 and Hawaii!:hyper::hyper:

Safe travels, Romi and Jen! See you soon! :wave:

Kettle Corn? :hyper::hyper::hyper::drool::drool::drool:

We must be twins separated at birth. :D by so many years.... :lol:

I love Kettle Corn. When I grew up in Indonesia, the only type of popcorn available was kettle corn. When I came here and tasted the popcorn, I was like, why is it airy, salty and buttery?? I tried caramel corn, and it was too dense and sweet for my taste. A few years back I stumbled across kettle corn in a state fair or something like that, and I was like :love: this is it! This is what I call popcorn!! I'm so glad it's everywhere now, including Trader Joe's.

Safe travels, Romi and Jen! See you soon! :wave:

We must be twins separated at birth. :D by so many years.... :lol:

I love Kettle Corn. When I grew up in Indonesia, the only type of popcorn available was kettle corn. When I came here and tasted the popcorn, I was like, why is it airy, salty and buttery?? I tried caramel corn, and it was too dense and sweet for my taste. A few years back I stumbled across kettle corn in a state fair or something like that, and I was like :love: this is it! This is what I call popcorn!! I'm so glad it's everywhere now, including Trader Joe's.

Kettle corn is incredible.

And, 1 MORE DAY at WORK!!!!

vjacqb said:
When I came here and tasted the popcorn, I was like, why is it airy, salty and buttery?? .

because that's how popcorn is supposed to taste.

/team movie popcorn

Latest Forecast from NWS Seattle

qGPul.png

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Awesome. So Friday night I will know what I need to wear Saturday night. Friday night is my dry run for layering. :)

I'm not a kettle corn fan either. I don't like mixing salty and sweet stuff together. The other night at a party we had bacon chocolate cupcakes, and I tried to enjoy it, but it was just too weird. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom